Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atekron's Workshop: Atlas Atlant Skin (WIP) / Trinity EVe Skin (WIP)

Atekron

13 hours ago, Atekron said:

I did run into some technical issues with tennogen app(original atlas.obj when imported into app shows only a helmet) and normal maps (when I bake them either in xnormal or blender they look fine, well there are some strange artifacts when rendered, but in tennogen app they look odd and seams are visible), so will be looking for solution, and if somebody can help, please

and some very questionable "progress" on a helmet

0247fb0b23e163e996ba399eaa771914.png

Hmm, the holes and the details almost makes this skin look like an Infested one, I kinda like it. Although the mouth detail, could maybe be altered a bit? A good helmet always make sure that if it is trying to reference something, it never does it too directly. I feel like the mouth could cut off at one point (maybe halfway down from the back) and make a more seamless look down the rest of the helm from where the mouth was. I think it could be possible to keep, it just kind of sticks out in a weird way for me. 

17 hours ago, Atlas_Endure said:

Nice! Really like the helmet's details! It somehow reminds me of that demon dog-monster from the first Hellboy movie. Really nice.

10 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Hmm, the holes and the details almost makes this skin look like an Infested one,

well, that's a problem - it's look too demonic/infested, I don't really want to go in that direction, would be searching more

On 2018-11-29 at 8:21 AM, Atekron said:

I did run into some technical issues with tennogen app(original atlas.obj when imported into app shows only a helmet) and normal maps (when I bake them either in xnormal or blender they look fine, well there are some strange artifacts when rendered, but in tennogen app they look odd and seams are visible), so will be looking for solution, and if somebody can help, please

and some very questionable "progress" on a helmet

0247fb0b23e163e996ba399eaa771914.png

his helmet looks like this 

Star+Wars+Rebels+Garazeb+Zeb+Orrelios+Ca

10 hours ago, Atekron said:

another abuse of atlas - after i took away his bacon i did give him a neck, i do expect ban from DE pretty soon

317f110f747cae78773084ddf9ef263a.png

No man you are not the first that creating something like that with helmet,so no worries. And this helmet looks 1000% better,nice job and big like 😏👍

I know, it would be hard to believe, but it's the most beautiful picture for me right now:

94ead7f28082c1e0e399017b3923d666.png

after so many hours fighting Blender, Tennogen, Forums, Google and Youtube I finally found a way to import my normal map into tennogen app,I will do some kind of tutorial later, but now I do need some rest

continue to work on helmet, did remove his head's spikes cos he too much resemble some punk, he is not punk, he is warrior

I do think this helmet is "the one", so if somebody has something against it should speak now or forever hold your peace

d9263df23a59f8a2267d99dc78ceb072.png

23 hours ago, Atekron said:

continue to work on helmet, did remove his head's spikes cos he too much resemble some punk, he is not punk, he is warrior

I do think this helmet is "the one", so if somebody has something against it should speak now or forever hold your peace

d9263df23a59f8a2267d99dc78ceb072.png

The neck part could be slightly moved inward, but everything looks pretty good!

• Like 1

Hi, just want to check in, there was unfortunate streak of events, like me getting sick, my monitor broke, and working on laptop's screen is suck, and then I spend a lot of time playing with new blender, well, technically I still doing this - working on shader setup in preparation for texturing,

disclaimer - this is not how he will look eventually, just some christmas vibes 🙂

2adc9b1020c763ceb32b6d685d36d716.png

Edited by Atekron

The middle white one definitely sticks out the best, try using the pattern on it as base and work from there.

>The white being the armored layer (and the more outlined parts of it being a secondary/tertiary)

>The black being the cloth

>The gold being the accent

The third one presents that idea just as well, but not as easy to point out at first glance.

Edited by Gashryo
Being more specific

progress so far, still one more color chanell needs to be resolve, it's so slow not cos I'm lazy, well not this time, but cos I need to do a lot of technical stuff like retopology, unwrapping, etc.

4adbf8febc428de1ffb47a069542286e.png

1c82641cfa8e170144d40a02dec3c0a1.png

d331faac60336d2e837289a977886f78.png

Edited by Atekron

I was really excited for this idea, especially with the Minotaur theme (as Atlas is at least as much of the Greek mythology 'frame as he is just "the rock guy"!) but after multiple helmet and subtle body changes, the theme was lost. I never thought the horns made it look "demonic", not that I'm sure Warframe players wouldn't have tried to force it with the same red-and-black colour schemes they usually use. I don't really know what the theme of this Atlas skin is now, but it reminds me of the very first Tennogen skins for Excalibur. Less meaty and organic and more just... a spaceman.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GrandisSupernus said:

I don't really know what the theme of this Atlas skin is now, but it reminds me of the very first Tennogen skins for Excalibur. Less meaty and organic and more just... a spaceman.

I don't know either, he's kind of build himself :)

his theme - warrior/browler/paladin, like original Atlas, but I'm trying make him looks more "royal" and "prime", if it make sense

there still a lot things to be done: materials development, one more pass of detalization, one more color chanell... stay tuned - maybe you will like him more

p.s.: he looks like a spaceman cos all those bloom, can't stop myself, sorry

3 hours ago, Khtugg said:

I think this skin looks great! I have issues/minor issues with the Atlas skins currently available but this -mmmm!- looks nice! Please keep up the good work🙂

thank you, I'm glad you like it, I'm also have some issue with current skins - they all make him look brutal and dumb, like "me smash things", some sort of Hulk

I want to push him in different direction give him a dignity, make him a  righteous knight, protector

44 minutes ago, Atekron said:

hi, update, did add third color chanel, ready to work on materials, or resculpt some details

0a3c385249ee558f3c12fd47321da6cd.png

6410b3992ea5b2323b0ccfcefac9f13d.png

Oh no...I was really hoping to see the whole Minotaur theme develop and progress...now its just..uhh...blant? I dunno really....hhmm....its kinda lacking....like a blank canvas waiting to be painted...its not finished though so...who am I to judge right? Anyways, you are making great progress dude! I like it nonetheless 😄

18 hours ago, Atekron said:

hi, update, did add third color chanel, ready to work on materials, or resculpt some details

0a3c385249ee558f3c12fd47321da6cd.png

6410b3992ea5b2323b0ccfcefac9f13d.png

To be honest, I feel like this pattern design makes for a very 'noisy' texture, which offers to be more of a distraction from a distance than a design (especially on the flaps). This could probably be avoided by making the general look of these patterns to be more wider and cover more area, instead of having multiple tiny ones take up space. 

4 hours ago, Scruffel said:

To be honest, I feel like this pattern design makes for a very 'noisy' texture, which offers to be more of a distraction from a distance than a design (especially on the flaps). This could probably be avoided by making the general look of these patterns to be more wider and cover more area, instead of having multiple tiny ones take up space. 

we'll, probably you are right, I do continue to bounce between two extremes: from "this looks so cool" to "this look like complete ******* ", in a bright side this setup very easy to color and gives not bad results

I want to spend some time on materials development and then revisit all previous stages again