Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atekron's Workshop: Atlas Atlant Skin (WIP) / Trinity EVe Skin (WIP)

Atekron

Spoiler

Hi everybody, I made decision to join true Warframe's endgame - tennogen. Here's my attempt to make a skin for Atlas. Critiques and suggestion are welcomed and needed.

Atlas Minotaur(or Atlant, we'll see) Skin, very early stage, another pass of cleaning and then detalization need to be done before going to metalicity/energy fun.

3bf35b3376e0a95cdaef93e1c85512f4.png

9c06186a7dc36ba1028500f43d3ed8db.png

Spoiler

Atlas Atlant Skin, progress so far, sorry to disappoint who expect it but minotaur theme is gone

6410b3992ea5b2323b0ccfcefac9f13d.png

0a3c385249ee558f3c12fd47321da6cd.png

update 2019

1dd1de54b00a08630b4e21f071cb3435.png

Edited by Atekron
  • Like 1

I don't know why but I feel like the horns are not exactly fitting for Atlas, the rest of the helmet and the body looks good, but the horns strangely just stick out for some reason. I believe its just general size, shape, and position of them, as they seem a bit odd and detached from the rest of the helm. 

In terms of the position, I feel like having them come from behind the head is the main reason why I feel like they look 'detached'. The back of the head is already going upwards, and this causes the horns to be appear more jutted upwards as well. I'd suggest trying to move the horns to a more lower location, just so that they don't appear like they stick out too much from the backside and instead from the sides of the helm.

Now because of the position change, I feel like the size would also need to change too. Generally speaking, the top of the helm or the starting area of the horns could be dealt with, as it feels a bit off from the rest of the helm (not sure it's just the model or lack of current detail on that area). I could suggest removing that area so there's a smoother transition of the front towards the backside, and which could probably allow for a better transition towards the horns.

And finally the general shape of them, is not necessarily bad, but for Atlas it does come off as a bit jarring because he's a Warframe that is not really thought of having any sort of horns. In fact most of his original design and other helmets, have more sturdy and rugged shapes and a couple of rounded designs, with very little things that are sharp (which are mostly small details or parts of the collar piece). Also they could use some more detail, similar to the rest of the helm and skin, as they look somewhat plain now. 

But besides the horns, I think that this skin looks really damn good, I just loved the way you had the chest designs have a very nice transitions towards the shoulders, and the back having really nice looking textures that spread out seamlessly. As an Atlas main, I would probably buy your skin if it was in-game, but I still feel like the horns are the weakest part of the helm. I hope you find my feedback useful. 

9 hours ago, Scruffel said:

I don't know why but I feel like the horns are not exactly fitting for Atlas,

thanks for your comment and suggestions, I'm going to design a new helmet with more knight / templar / paladin style, and definitly revisit this one,  I know that horns not exactly Atlas thing, but idea of minotaur theme skin seems kind of suited for Atlas

3 hours ago, Vulbjorn said:

I think it could really work with horns, but I see Atlas more with forward facing tusks, which kinda work into the overall flow the helmet. Maybe you could experiment with elephant or boar-like looks?

hmm, yeah could work, thanks

6 hours ago, Atekron said:

thanks for your comment and suggestions, I'm going to design a new helmet with more knight / templar / paladin style, and definitly revisit this one,  I know that horns not exactly Atlas thing, but idea of minotaur theme skin seems kind of suited for Atlas

You could turn the horns into broken one like Hellboy have

hellboy-2004-cover-1050556.jpg

28 minutes ago, Atekron said:

some changes to a helmet

bd674eeffd5f089be4f1f05812661230.png

That's definitely a better shape and position for the horns, it makes the helm feel more intact. I like it a lot! By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how are you considering to texture the whole skin?  

10 hours ago, Scruffel said:

That's definitely a better shape and position for the horns, it makes the helm feel more intact. I like it a lot! By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how are you considering to texture the whole skin?  

well, there will be quite a lot metal ornaments, maybe even in two channels - one rough, other polished, as for skin I'm not sure yet, definitely will try to give him texture of chiseled marble/stone

I think the bull helmet is better and more fitting, TBH. The minotaur inspired design makes more sense and connects nicely to the greek inspiration of the frame. If you do prefer the second knight style helmet and want to go full on knight/paladin, you can try resculpting the are immediately around the helmet into something like a thick armored gorget (ya know, things like Nidus Phryke's metallic neck armor), taking the Tatarus helm and the monk style tennogen helm into account, I think DE isn't adverse to that so long as the body is not affected too much. Atlas' "helmet" area is a bit different compared to other frames.

I'm not an expert on 3D modelling don't expect good advice from me XD

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

you can try resculpting the are immediately around the helmet into something like a thick armored gorget

I actually want to give him fabric like collar or scarf, probably will benefit a minotaur helmet too

I did run into some technical issues with tennogen app(original atlas.obj when imported into app shows only a helmet) and normal maps (when I bake them either in xnormal or blender they look fine, well there are some strange artifacts when rendered, but in tennogen app they look odd and seams are visible), so will be looking for solution, and if somebody can help, please

and some very questionable "progress" on a helmet

0247fb0b23e163e996ba399eaa771914.png