Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble at 30+ level missions

Ahnascence

Hi guys, I've played Warframe on and off for a couple of years, but still under 100 hours of gameplay. I am getting back into it pretty seriously and I am having trouble doing missions that are 30+. I am running Nova Prime, Boltor corrosive build or Dread crit build depending on the mission and a Galatine. The Boltor, Nova and Galatine are all using reactors and catalysts and the Galatine has been forma'd several times (I Believe 3) I've been following builds online as best I can, however I haven't been able to snatch those primed mods. However, every time I get into 30+ missions I start to have a hard time killing things, the only exception being with my Dread which has 100% crit and hits for anywhere between 4000, to as high as 90,000 on rare occasion. I am extremely squishy, but it doesn't feel like I am putting out enough damage to justify my lower defense. I was wondering if you guys had some tips to get past this hurdle. I really want to get into higher level content I just can't seem to figure out how to break into 40+ missions comfortably. Thanks in advance!

Remember that Nova's 1st ability grants Damage reduction (mod for strength to increase the number of particles. 5% reduction per particle, capped at 90%). This should make you less squishy. Like Autongnosis already said, seems to be a mod problem.

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

Hey 🙂 It would be much easier to help if you could make a screenshot of your builds tbh. From what you said it seems a mod problem. 

Nova Build

https://gyazo.com/bdd81975ffbcf9c267b1c1244b732394

Dread

https://gyazo.com/3bb4a4b3b38c7881cde3dcd35b989ac9

Galatine

https://gyazo.com/e4e936ea5d9063d6d5828f0c0c076bae

3 minutes ago, Ahnascence said:

I'm not a Nova player, but I definately can tell you that Steel Fiber doesn't belong on Nova. She has low base armor and thus get very little bonus from SF. So Steel Fiber is essentialy a waste of a mod slot.

Redirection and Vitality - debatable. Many would argue the need of boosting shields at all. Other would debate whether you should switch Vitality with Quick Thinking.

Basically, for survivability Nova should depend on her abilities. 1 for damage reduction, as was said earlier, and 4 for slowing enemies down and enhancing the damage you deal to them.

Also, I don't think Nova gets much benefits from Stretch. Again, I'm not a Nova player, but I think it's only the explosion radius on 4 that's affected? And it is not very important, so I don't think you need Stretch there.

Just opinion, but on your Nova build, i'd drop the armor for a diff mod, duration or health. Her base of 65 isn't worth the mod slot. stretch does not affect her 4th ability as you may think. Duration makes the wave last longer, hence more range, stretch makes the area of explosion larger when you blow them up, doesn't affect the wave range. I run 200 plus duration 100 range 145 str on my slow build. Prime mods would help, but you can do decent without. Again, just opinion. The Dread build, I use Fanged fusillade [sp?]  and crit delay mod for a 140 plus crit chance, slightly higher charge time on a bow doesn't hurt for how I play. I don't mess with galatine enough i'll let others help there. Hope it may help. 

I should add stretch does affect her teleport range if you happen to use it. 

Edited by (PS4)Dorian-Hawkmoon

Nova prime can beat most of the content in the game.

1. Make sure that you increase duration rather than range. The range on Molecule prime is based on duration. That is the number one mistake players new to nova makes. Keep stacking that duration as much as possible!

2. Your first ability gives you 5% damage reduction. Again, increasing duration, is the way you increase the number of charges, up to 18. (90% reduction)

3. You actually want lowered range to prevent the first ability' s charges getting used. Thus try to get Overextended corrupted mod.

4. Using the first ability augment allows you to refresh the skill when charges drops too low.

5. You need at least 145 power strength to slow enemies by 75%, the max slow rate possible.

6. Some weapons are godlike with nova due to molecule prime slow. For example, getting headshots with Knell is going very easy and can devastate the entire group of enemies very quickly in short order. Knell is cheap to build.

Edited by wtflag

If you can't match the polarity on a mod to a slot, put the smallest cost mod on it.

Stretch isn't as useful, since Molecular's range is actually based on Duration, so you can boost duration with either an Augur Message, or Constitution.

Ability strength will affect how slow an enemy unit moves too. A cheap power drift mod from Lua should help, and can be placed in the Exilus slot once you free up enough points, and the Exilus slot.

Steel Fiber won't boost much if the Frame's Base armor is low.

As for Damage, If you are in a clan, consider the Energy Lab's Arca Plasmor.

When in doubt, shoot it out, preferably with a BFG.

More Range on Nova is actually bad because it increases the range of your particles from your 1.

That means you will have a hard time keeping your damage reduction because you will lose the particles really fast.

Also, the Augment for Nova's 1 is useful so you can simply recast it to get your full dmg reduction back.

Try to focus on duration+strength.

1 hour ago, Ahnascence said:

Just FYI, I only looked at your weapons. Dread is good but I'm not sure it's good for enemy heavy missions IMO. 

I'd recommend the Tiberon, it carried me through most of the star chart.

When I hit a wall on damage, I made three mod presets for the three enemy types (I don't need to now) because each enemy type is weak to certain types of secondary elements.

Like I said, this won't be necessary later on. But at mid game, I feel it helped:

"Corpus use shields, so bring Magnetic (Cold + Electric) to strip shields or Toxin as it bypasses shields with a damage over time. They're resistant to Corrosive. They're also resistant to Gas, but it has a secondary Toxin effect that bypasses shields - if you have a very high status change Gas becomes very powerful. Impact does the most physical damage to their shields.

Grineer use two kinds of armour, bring Corrosive (Toxin + Electric) for most and Radiation (Heat + Electric) for the Elites/bosses. They're resistant to Gas and Magnetic. Puncture does the most physical damage to their armour.

Infested are fleshy, so most are very vulnerable to Heat or Gas (Heat + Toxin). Higher level ones (Ancient/Mutalist) aren't though, you'll need Corrosive for them. They're resistant to Toxin and Viral. Slash does the most physical damage to their flesh." (https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/330804/what-are-the-most-effective-damage-types-against-enemy-factions)

Hope this helps, as making specific builds for each enemy type, really helped me Mid Game and IMO i'd consider upgrading from a bow. (Check Tac Potato's top 10 weapons of 2018 for inspiration)

Good Luck Tenno.

I am not an expert on nova, so I try to help on weapon aspects.

Dread being high slash is horrible against Armor, building for corrosive might make it strong against ferrite armor target  and when corrosive proc does happen.
But since dread is high crit, go for Hunter Munition's build.

If you are thinking of buying a few mods/ collecting, consider trading for what I recommend.
This is my current dread build and it is 4 arrows to drop a level 125 corrupted bombard.

latest?cb=20171007154447latest?cb=20171007154746latest?cb=20171007135230latest?cb=20171007154742latest?cb=20180501172657latest?cb=20180501171645

latest?cb=20181012233807latest?cb=20171030145723

Argon Scope is relatively pricey, so you can put in mods like Hammer Shot while waiting for acolyte to re-appear.
Hunter Munition and Vigilante Armament is relatively cheap to trade for.

Since Dread has over 100% crit already, argon scope is a "good to have" as opposed to mandatory.

Since Hunter Munitions is 30% chance to deal the slash proc on crit, Dread being high crit makes it a perfect weapon 

(HM slash proc bypasses all armor and bleed a hell load of HP out)
+150% multishot means you have 100% of 2 shots with 50% of 3 shots 
60% chance to trigger Hunter Munitions at 100% (2 arrows x 30%)  
90% to trigger Hunter Munitions at 150%. (3 arrows x 30%)
on an average you might experience 1 out of 5 shots that does not trigger Hunter Munition with this build, but since Dread is main slash
Chances are the 1 unlucky shot will still do smaller slash proc damage.

I have done extensive testing in simulacrum, against high level enemies the Hunter Munitions build 
out perform Corrosive build.

The only issue I find on your Galatine is Spoiled Strike, it is already a heavy blade, you throw in the slow down
the swing is only going to get slower, and getting shot while being completely open when performing a swing is
a very real issue. try putting another elemental mod you might deal higher damage 
than it is.

True steel alone is rather unreliable for a crit build, your non-crit slashes is going to be weaker
so throwing in Corrosive + Blast for galatine might work well until you collect enough mods to fashion a full out crit build.

Corrosive works against armor
Blast works against robotics  + knock down on blast proc
Since Galatine highest physical damage is slash, it is strong against Infested
This combination is rather jack-of-all-trade and would work well against all factions.

This is my melee crit build, though usually 3 - 4 forma on any melee to throw in all of them.
again the lack of umbra polarity means you have to forma 5 - 6 slots to fit everything else.

latest?cb=20171007153656latest?cb=20171007150610latest?cb=20180615043112latest?cb=20180314192828
latest?cb=20180502202556latest?cb=20171007144316latest?cb=20171007155215latest?cb=20171007154130

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Ahnascence:

Hi guys, I've played Warframe on and off for a couple of years, but still under 100 hours of gameplay. I am getting back into it pretty seriously and I am having trouble doing missions that are 30+. I am running Nova Prime, Boltor corrosive build or Dread crit build depending on the mission and a Galatine. The Boltor, Nova and Galatine are all using reactors and catalysts and the Galatine has been forma'd several times (I Believe 3) I've been following builds online as best I can, however I haven't been able to snatch those primed mods. However, every time I get into 30+ missions I start to have a hard time killing things, the only exception being with my Dread which has 100% crit and hits for anywhere between 4000, to as high as 90,000 on rare occasion. I am extremely squishy, but it doesn't feel like I am putting out enough damage to justify my lower defense. I was wondering if you guys had some tips to get past this hurdle. I really want to get into higher level content I just can't seem to figure out how to break into 40+ missions comfortably. Thanks in advance!

movement is important in warframe. dread is very unrealiable if it comes to damage later but vs lv30 that shouldnt be an issue. in terms of direct dmg it suffers a lot against armor so later u need slash proccs, especially from headshots, otherwise its direct dmg will be a joke. any other bow has more of that, dread only shines due to slash proccs especially on headshots. lv30 though as mentioned shouldnt be an issue.

remember to move, nova 1 gives dmg reduction depending on the amount of orbs, up to 90%, 5% per orb. also remember to no use bad elements vs the type of enemy u face. there are elements u can run universally in combination though and u should also remember to max the essential mods. it would help a lot to see ur builds though. as nova dmg shouldnt be an issue though since molecular prime (4) gives +100% on every affected target. i assume u run slowva, so u should also have the 75% slow. boltor and galatine should still be fine vs lv 30s if u have a full build with the right elements.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Ada_Wong_SG:

[...]

dread only lives due to its slash proccs, nothing else. for anything else all other bows are much better because its direct dmg is a joke compared, no matter what riven u use so opting for anything but slash/viral will be bad imo.

argon scope is highly opinion/taste and imo not a very good suggestion. if he/she has the spare plat and is willing to invest, sure, but i wouldnt recommend it. there are alternatives which arent much worse in the end if u do the math. on dread status chance is an issue, not the flat dmg, sure a orange crit headshot with a slash procc is strong, but even with hunters munitions its unreliable without enough status chance. dual elementals combining into viral are important to help that out. i know that mod is highly opinion and very underrated by some, some call it flat garbag but i found myself using hammer shot on such weapons a lot lately cause it does add some more status whilst buffing slash proccs, especially on headshots due tomore crit dmg. on high base crit multiplier weapons its better than many give it credit for and some more status chance is just good for more consistency. dread has that consistency issue. my daikyu has -status chance on the riven and ends up with ~64% + hunters munitions and sometimes there are 2 shots in a row without a slash procc. for dread its a tad worse on a full build iirc unless the riven has status chance. argon scope will give a bit more dmg if he/she can land reliable headshots but its much more expensive than lets say hammer shot, or a dual elemental, or fanged fussilade although that doesnt help slash procc dmg or consistency but is an option.

Edited by Xydeth

18 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

argon scope is highly opinion/taste and imo not a very good suggestion. if he/she has the spare plat and is willing to invest, sure, but i wouldnt recommend it. there are alternatives which arent much worse in the end if u do the math. on dread status chance is an issue, not the flat dmg, sure a orange crit headshot with a slash procc is strong, but even with hunters munitions its unreliable without enough status chance. dual elementals combining into viral are important to help that out. i know that mod is highly opinion and very underrated by some, some call it flat garbag but i found myself using hammer shot on such weapons a lot lately cause it does add some more status whilst buffing slash proccs, especially on headshots due tomore crit dmg. on high base crit multiplier weapons its better than many give it credit for and some more status chance is just good for more consistency. dread has that consistency issue. my daikyu has -status chance on the riven and ends up with ~64% + hunters munitions and sometimes there are 2 shots in a row without a slash procc. for dread its a tad worse on a full build iirc unless the riven has status chance. argon scope will give a bit more dmg if he/she can land reliable headshots but its much more expensive than lets say hammer shot, or a dual elemental, or fanged fussilade although that doesnt help slash procc dmg or consistency but is an option.

The Hunter Munitions proc is 30% on critical hit, not that much on status chance, 
You might want to test this out in simulacrum since initially I thought HM work like status based.

The characteristics of Hunter Munitions slash proc is the number is way higher than 
usual, since it is "true damage" dealing full damage as if no armor or damage reduction mechanism is there.
so my Tiberon Prime usually hit about 60 - 120 on level 125 corrupted Bombard 
but the bleeding is in the 1200 - 2400 range that is clearly Hunter Munition proc.

Though using fire rate mod to quickly charge up the bow might be better 
if no Argon Scope or replacement mod, since full charge deal higher damage.

My typical habit of Argon Scope is triggering it once 
and carry on to body shot for the buff duration. But it can be very highly opinion based
and precision shooting in a horde game isn't a taste for everyone.

But when something does not die from one hit, aiming for the head become relatively easy.

il y a une heure, Ahnascence a dit :

I'll give some step by step advice here. 

Nova

For starters you desperately need to farm an undamaged Streamline. Nova lives and dies by her skills so having efficiency is capital here. Also, stretch does almost nothing for her (the radius of her 4th scales off duration). My step by step would be:

- get the undamaged streamline. 

- remove steel fiber, on nova it's useless. 

- if you've done The Second Dream and have access to the Lua tileset, farm the Power Drift mod. Nova needs 145% strenght to max the slow and intensify plus power drift does the job. 

- try to get into orokin vault farming to get some Corrupted mods, they are of capital importance. Particularly narrow minded on nova is very good. 

Will edit more later

Im not main Nova, but almost. The more i play with her, the more i like their abilities and her way to beat the enemies. So here is my main build for her, check the difference...

lCNe6uw.png?1

Just think i dont have primed mods, but you can get the orokin vault mods easily, that's what really makes the difference in many builds. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Ada_Wong_SG:

[...]

why did u understand my comment like a question ? there wasnt a single "?" in there so i wonder.

if u are fine with ur build, np, but if u only rely on HM for slash proccs on a weapon like dread which innately has a great affinity for slash then i think any other bow with the right riven is better because their base dmg is far superior than dread's, no matter the riven. even mutalist cernos does more flat dmg with the right riven, slash proccs aside. with hunters munitions and the right riven daikyu does the same, maybe even a bit better slash proccs than dread, even with -status chance on the riven so compared to others dread really needs a build focussing on slash proccs imo as much as possible and HM alone doesnt do that really.

Heya. In terms of weapon builds I see people already gave you good options and reasoning to what you should use.

I personally would advise you to switch up the loadout alltogether but if you feel like using the one you are currently with it's all up to you.

My personal advice to you if you are open minded to switch the loadout is:

Primery: Arca Plasmor build for Viral (it basically destroys everything in the realm on sir casualness. Even lvl 50-60 grineer will get obliderated in 2 shots max) Plasmor is a point at a general direction and everything dies weapon. It's why I use it so much for farming and just doing random missions!
1)Point Blank
2)Hell's Chamber
3)Vigilante Armaments
4)Blaze (not that manditory but it's a nice dmg increase)
5)Toxic Barrage / Contagious Spread
6)Chilling Reload / Chilling Grasp
7)Blunderbuss
8)Ravage

You should adjust the mod positions so you get viral but you better experiment with it don't follow this path 100%

Secondary: The Pox for corrosive - the absolute best secondary imo. Strips armor in a matter of seconds tho against lvl 30-60 you'll just oneshot em before their armor is stripped. But in any case when you encounter something your Viral Plasmor is having a hard time against just switch to pox and destroy it.
1)Hornet Strike
2)Barrel Diffusion
3)Lethal Torrent
4)Augur Pact
5)Pistol Pestilance
6)Pathogen Rounds
7)Jolt / Convulsion
8)Pistol Ammo mutation

Mele: Not a big fan on the mele so I don't feel I can give you a good advice on that. (Zeni life XD)

Frame: I don't wanna give you advice on switching to Rhino or Inaros since with Nova you'll really feel the need to use the parkouring mechanic more and just get better at the game altogether. As a build for Nova I can recommend this:

Aura)Speed Holster / Energy Siphon
Exilus)Enemy Sense (being able to see the enemeis on the map is godlike! ofc don't feel obligated to run this mod it's mostly personal preference)

1)[V]Continuity
2)[v]Intensify
3)Flow
4)Streamline
5)Augur Message
6)Constitution (only if you have it) / Vigor/Vitality
7)Natural Talent (not manditory but will help you be faster) / Vigor/Vitality
8)Neutron Star (this will basically make any other defensive mod unnecessary. It will allow you to recast your 1 and keep that juicy dmg reduction at max all the time - it's a skill based thing that will help you improve even further)

If you can't fit everything just Forma 1 or 2 times and you should be fine.
Duration is Nova's most valuable stat!
the Vigor/Vitality is there just so you feel more comfortable playing Nova and can potentially remove them for something else later down the road!