Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Optional Subscription Service

Nezzynaz

Hello! I just wanted to pitch an idea based off a model used in Elder Scrolls Online. An optional subscription service that would give credit/affinity/resource booster, as well as a bit of plat. Most MMO subs are 10-15 dollars USD. Thoughts?

No. Having a premium optional subscription is a slippery slope leading to quests, items, certain junctions and what have you being locked to having that subscription. Look at LOTRO. And ESO. Both games say "optional" but it always ends up locking stuff away to the free players. It's not a matter of "I can't afford it!" it's a matter of that's not the model warframe is built on. So again, No x9

No xInfinity. I don't play WoW because of their crummy subscription, and I don't pay to play ESO with that crummy subscription. I throw plenty of money DE's way when I can afford to. Having to pay that ontop of what I already pay them almost bi-weekly is just.....no.

On 2018-11-19 at 2:14 AM, Nezzynaz said:

Hello! I just wanted to pitch an idea based off a model used in Elder Scrolls Online. An optional subscription service that would give credit/affinity/resource booster, as well as a bit of plat. Most MMO subs are 10-15 dollars USD. Thoughts?

Like everyone else: No.

But beyond that DE actually thought about a subscription service way, way back at the beginning of CBT, and decided against it for one simple reason: They didn't want to fracture the player base between those who can pay for a subscription and those who can't.  After all in order for the subscription to be substantial enough for a large amount of people to buy in it could very easily screw over the people who can't/won't.
They have thought about this option and decided against it because in the end while it would bring them some money, its not guaranteed to be a lot, and could cause toxicity in the playerbase between the people who are paying for the subscription, and think that they are entitled to more because of it, and the people who aren't.