General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Falcor can be used to self proc radiation and cause FF issues

SearingStar

I ran a radiation falcor with chroma, and I'd use it to give full damage with vex armor. First incident happened when I was insta-murdered (Take it Gara's glass armor hit me for an insta kill). I noticed it when the Nova on our team was killed after I tried buffing my vex armor. After testing I was able to consistently find that I was able to kill our Nova (with permission).

To recreate this, 1. get a 1 hand pistol and falcor with radiation, a warframe to take the damage, a willing tenno (remember to ask for consent) 2. Toss it and hit melee to blow it up in your face, causing the proc(high status made it consistent) 3. do this while spamming melee behind a fellow tenno to and spam the melee key to do a stealth kill.

Also, as a counter to this (I guess) tenno can damage you when you do this, and some sentinels can engage you.

Radiation proc is Confusion, which triggers friendly-fire -- among enemies or among allies -- and as far as i know, all Glaives detonated too close or because of Punch Through mods can inflict self-damage -- and self-proc.

So this seems to work as intended.

Edited by maycne.sonahoz

Aye, definitely working as intended. Glaives have always been able to proc status on yourself if you act foolishly, it's part of the fun of playing with them. If you want to do self damage for whatever reason but not want yourself be status procced, don't use a status glaive or alternatively do not build it for optional radiation damage and the problem won't even occur.

Can it be used to harass others...? Sure, but there's not really a way around that and people who do try to abuse it to harass can be reported for their actions and be dealt with, so I don't really see it as necessary to remove a fun game mechanic for the sake of such a what-if.

I know, and I wasn't calling for the self proc aspect to be removed, just that this can be used for trolling. I don't know the limitations of the engine and know if they can remove specific self-procs from weapons (IE when you have a grenade weapon with radiation it doens't seem to self proc). I just wanted to get this out there to see if it was a bug or something.