Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or anyone feel like Garuda's really hard to play at the moment?

iDragolyte

Question

I'm having trouble playing as Garuda, she feels so hardcore, not sure if I'm playing her wrongly. I've tried several builds on her, none seems to ease out. Do yall have any tips on Garuda strats?
I do know about the abilities, 1st deals insane dps but I feel like the blast radius is so damn small and it's totally useless without the help of 4th, the delay in casting both 1st and 4th also bothers me. I'm totally fine with the 2nd and 3rd though, easy way to replenish energy.

Edited by iDragolyte

7 answers to this question

Honestly, I feel she's more of a 'support' frame than an 'attack' frame (I'm sure others will disagree).  I've seen the video's in simulacrum showing her nuking abilities which are fine if you're immortal in there but her abilities take a long time to actually cast/build up that it isn't really viable in game. 

So you have her 4 which adds slash damage to attacks on all enemies with a mark,  which is a really strong 'support' ability and works great in conjunction with her claws/melee but it just takes too long to cast due to the 'charge to increase radius' aspect.  1 is ok, but like you say radius is small even after adding in a range mod and in all honesty I say the damage output is a little weak at base damage output. 

Second and 3rd abilites do their job but the radius feels a little small for the health regen from 2 and it's not exactly practical on anything but a defence type mission where you're in one spot, if you're moving through a level then it's not going to do much other than a top up. 

So I don't think the issue is how we're trying to use her, I'd say it's how situational the abilities are and the fact that some of them need some tweaks (increased base range and faster casting basically). 

11 hours ago, iDragolyte said:

I'm having trouble playing as Garuda, she feels so hardcore, not sure if I'm playing her wrongly. I've tried several builds on her, none seems to ease out. Do yall have any tips on Garuda strats?
I do know about the abilities, 1st deals insane dps but I feel like the blast radius is so damn small and it's totally useless without the help of 4th, the delay in casting both 1st and 4th also bothers me. I'm totally fine with the 2nd and 3rd though, easy way to replenish energy.

Garuda don’t have that much room for errors. From someone who played her in Sortie, Mot, or Fortuna, some of my deaths as her happens when i make a Error. if i time her 2 wrong while having the shield up, i would die. If i time her 3 wrong and have very low health while i’m not protected, i would die. If i use my 4 without the shield up, i could die but not all the time. If i time my 1 wrong against lvl 100+ enemies, i would die. She’s very Calculated with her Playstyle because of her low Survivability. The way i play her is i use her 2 and 3 when i’m low on health or energy, 4 and 1 when i want to kill a group of enemies. I also use her 2 when i want to heal a Teammate too.

12 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Garuda don’t have that much room for errors. From someone who played her in Sortie, Mot, or Fortuna, some of my deaths as her happens when i make a Error. if i time her 2 wrong while having the shield up, i would die. If i time her 3 wrong and have very low health while i’m not protected, i would die. If i use my 4 without the shield up, i could die but not all the time. If i time my 1 wrong against lvl 100+ enemies, i would die. She’s very Calculated with her Playstyle because of her low Survivability. The way i play her is i use her 2 and 3 when i’m low on health or energy, 4 and 1 when i want to kill a group of enemies. I also use her 2 when i want to heal a Teammate too.

Do you play her in solo mode and find her slow at clearing waves? That is actually my main problem about her being hardcore. I think she's more reliant on primary, that's where 4th comes useful as a debuff besides than relying on throwing 1st to insta-kill group of enemies that are cramped up, I feel like her damage abilities are kinda slow.
Survivability that matters, I don't have much problem with that, the shield is my "everything" for survival.

6 minutes ago, iDragolyte said:

Do you play her in solo mode and find her slow at clearing waves? That is actually my main problem about her being hardcore. I think she's more reliant on primary, that's where 4th comes useful as a debuff besides than relying on throwing 1st to insta-kill group of enemies that are cramped up, I feel like her damage abilities are kinda slow.
Survivability that matters, I don't have much problem with that, the shield is my "everything" for survival.

I only see her being Slow when i do Solo Survivals. I think she meant for a Team instead of Solo. When it comes to Survivability, try reaching lvl 80 - 90+ in a Corpus Facility at Orb Vallis while having 4 Reinforcement Beacons up Solo.That’s where you would see how low it can be when you are not playing her as a Glass Cannon. 300 Armor isn’t that much for 740 Health (712 Armor and 850 Health with Umbral Fiber and Umbral Vitality). I see her as a ranged Caster instead of a Melee Frame since Meleeing with her is risky at higher levels without a increase in health.

I use Garuda as a gun tractor. Use her 4 to debuff a group of enemies with the 100% slash proc chance (via 200% power strength) then I wipe them out with an AoE gun. It synergizes well with things like Lenz, Ignis Wraith, Plasmor etc, really.

Edited by Guest

31 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

I only see her being Slow when i do Solo Survivals. I think she meant for a Team instead of Solo. When it comes to Survivability, try reaching lvl 80 - 90+ in a Corpus Facility at Orb Vallis while having 4 Reinforcement Beacons up Solo.That’s where you would see how low it can be when you are not playing her as a Glass Cannon. 300 Armor isn’t that much for 740 Health (712 Armor and 850 Health with Umbral Fiber and Umbral Vitality). I see her as a ranged Caster instead of a Melee Frame since Meleeing with her is risky at higher levels without a increase in health.

Well, I haven't been to that extend yet (at least I think not), only tried her in solo sorties/Fortuna bounties, not sure if the max tier bounty in Fortuna counts since I don't usually check their levels but I believe Orb Vallis lvl 80s are harder than sorties' lvl 80s.

29 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I use Garuda as a gun tractor. Use her 4 to debuff a group of enemies with the 100% slash proc chance (via 200% power strength) then I wipe them out with an AoE gun. It synergizes well with things like Lenz, Ignis Wraith, Plasmor etc, really.

Yep, the reason why we need a good primary when playing as Garuda, that's what I exactly meant.

Edited by iDragolyte
Typing error