Wanna get serious with Eidolon Hunting. What Amp should I get with Max Virtuous Strike?

SeRialPiXel

Question

I've been doing eidolon in forever but never really spent much into upgrading my gear. Not a single arcane, just created the best amp that was available when PoE was first released and stuck with it.

Coming back now to the game made me face the 2 new Eidolons and I see other players deplenishing those big shields a lot faster than I'm able to. So I completed a Max Virtuous Strike (because I've heard it has better overall potential than Fury) and I'm left with what new Amp to build.

What's the best combination? I have Max rank in the Quills ofc so can afford all.

9 answers to this question

As a VS carrier your scaffold should be the tier 2 one and your brace should be the tier 3 one. Those two are literally the only things that matter. 

As for prism, you could go with the tier 2 one for easy vomvalyst clear or with whatever you like, it doesn't really matter because you will be dealing damage only with the scaffold. I like a 423 amp because the tier 4 prism has good DPS and can be used for fun during other missions, i have a blast running umbra with operator on normal stuff occasionally. The tag team of doom. 

8 minutes ago, Erytroxylin said:

If you're using virtuous strike, then you should be 

1. Shooting through volt shield as much as possible.

2. Using an amp with as high crit chance as possible. Maybe 4-2-3 would be a good fit.

4 is basically useless against the Eidolon (but kinda neat against normal units). Current meta is heavy into void strike. You'll want T2 or T3 for your Prism. They both hardly matter as the T2 scaffold is what everyone uses for DPS and void strike charge efficiency. I personally prefer the T3 Prism

Edited by Synpai

Just now, Synpai said:

4 is basically useless against the Eidolon. Current meta is heavy into void strike. You'll want T2 or T3 for your Prism. They both hardly matter as the T2 scaffold is what everyone uses for DPS and void strike charge efficiency. I personally prefer the T3 Prism

Nah. 4 prism is fine for voms/blooms. 2 scaff is your dps for the eidolons themselves, prism doesnt matter much.  The 100 meter range on it is super convenient for things like blooms or voms, and it has a much higher chance to proc his arcane than the other prisms.

Just now, Erytroxylin said:

Nah. 4 prism is fine for voms/blooms. 2 scaff is your dps for the eidolons themselves, prism doesnt matter much.  The 100 meter range on it is super convenient for things like blooms or voms, and it has a much higher chance to proc his arcane than the other prisms.

Vomvs/blooms aren't the Eidolon itself....so not sure where the "Nah" is coming from

Prism basically comes down to personal preference long term cause....I've done far too many hunts and not once did I take the time to intentionally shoot at vomvalysts outside of the ending phase and quite literally anything works well in that case (Assuming you're not charging void strike), they tend to die by proxy when shooting the Eidolon for me

1 minute ago, SeRialPiXel said:

Btw, when you name an amp (like 2-2-4 etc.) it's Prism-Scaffold-Brace, right?

Correct!

35 minutes ago, SeRialPiXel said:

So I completed a Max Virtuous Strike

Also for most 4+ runs I've seen many use Virtuous Shadow to void dash into the eidolon to conserve VS charges. 

There are also methods that focus on just mass DPS with 3 Void Strikes and 1 Unairu wisp though so both are pretty viable, but I believe strike to be more consistent but more restricting.