Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New gameplay experiment.

Mover-NeRo

So first, i love warframe and i have spent over 3400 hours in it.

Warframe is fast and you are killing hundreads of enemies in one mission. You are also not limited by cooldowns. You feel powerfull and with some cheese nothing is immpossible. This all feels great and the only strugle you have is early in game.

So what is it missing? Challange. But its not that simple. Core WF gameplay is based about killing hordes. So AOE or CC is way to go. There is only little room for abbilities or weapons that dont affect group of enemies. And no wonder..they are comming at you in masss and from diferent sides. So you dont have time to play with them one by one.

Increasing numbers and levels just lead to more CC and more insta deads. This is all too complicated so lets skip to the idea.

As title say, i only wonder how would WF play in diferent playstyle. What about less enemies? What if there ware like 3x less enemies with 3x more hp (and loot of course) but not insane one hit kill dmg. What if we had few sec CD on abbilities (hide your stones, its just an idea for diferent gamemode ,not whole WF). Would that lead to more strategic gameplay?

Tbh..i dont know. Just wonder what do you think about more "dense" gameplay.

Could that bring smt new? Will Kingpin system involve smt like this?...

1. Whats kingpin, Ive been living under a rock.

2. Good idea if you were trying to make warframe a bit more like destiny where the individual units actually matter and enemies dont come in ridiculous hordes

3. Some people might be upset that they can no longer satisfy their insatiable bloodlust of pressing 4 and clearing the map

4. Maybe in another gamemode because applying it to the whole game might cause an XK-Class end-of-the-world scenario where the legendary keyboard warriors almost as vocal as the LGBT community step up and put this forums into eternal flames

Edited by Cephalycion

20 minutes ago, Cephalycion said:

1. Whats kingpin, Ive been living under a rock.

2. Good idea if you were trying to make warframe a bit more like destiny where the individual units actually matter and enemies dont come in ridiculous hordes

3. Some people might be upset that they can no longer satisfy their insatiable bloodlust of pressing 4 and clearing the map

4. Maybe in another gamemode because applying it to the whole game might cause an XK-Class end-of-the-world scenario where the legendary keyboard warriors almost as vocal as the LGBT community step up and put this forums into eternal flames

Yes i agree. That is why it could be just a game mode. Not whole WF gameplay .. i donrt want to change that, just adding some variance.

Both Onslaught and Arbitrations are pretty much still horde killing. That is why i wonder what this would do.

And yes its kinda like Destiny when you are more focused on single targets. 

Kingpin is a work in progress game mode where you (as clan) will work on list of elite enemies that will lead to final boss...details about this game mode might changed over time. 

• Kingpin System: It’s still in development but has changed a lot since we last talked about it! It might not even use the original room anymore. We want to condense it down to the essence of a custom, persistent enemy who gets better over time.

Edited by Mover-NeRo