i got basically scammed

Pux19

i went to buy a rubico riven mod, and my seller said he needed 60 plat to buy riven slots, so i gave him, and then he said brb. 

i waited literally a day, he is still offline and i cant even report him, only when he is online, what happens next?

Edited by Pux19

Don't ever front money (plat). Get what you are paying for at the time of the transaction.

You might have had to wait a bit but surely you could have found someone else in the market selling it.

You'll probably have to chalk this up as a lesson learned and won't get it back. Sorry you got scammed. Just remember when it comes to deals trust no one, ever. If they can't put what you're paying for up on the trade screen just leave.

12 minutes ago, Pux19 said:

i went to buy a rubico riven mod, and my seller said he needed 60 plat to buy riven slots, so i gave him, and then he said brb. 

i waited literally a day, he is still offline and i cant even report him, only when he is online, what happens next?

wait, why would he need slots if you're buying the riven from him ? 

Hope you resolve this.

Just now, hellodownthere said:

wait, why would he need slots if you're buying the riven from him ? 

Hope you resolve this.

The only situation that this can occur is if you don't have enough slots to hold your rivens you are need to either buy more slots or dissolve some rivens before you can either buy or sell them.
For instance say you had 60 rivens and had no slots and you got another riven from doing the sorties, or a gift of the lotus had one as a reward, so you went to 61 rivens out of 60.  The game won't allow you to trade rivens until you're back within your cap.

Even still the game mentions in a few places to never trade for promises, only to trade for what is in the trade window and nothing else and that DE will not enforce trades for promises...so I doubt that the OP will get this resolved in his favor.

scum should be banned regardless, even though temporary. If I was in charge of this case, it would be a 2 month ban and the riven slots will be removed. The platinum will be refunded to you, but a case will be opened on your account that repeat victimization of the same variety will not see similar performances.

2 hours ago, Pux19 said:

Put in a support ticket.  Include as much evidence (screenshots, chat logs) as you can.  DE does not enforce trades for promises, but they can take action on people who are acting in bad faith and trying to scam others out of their plat.

7 hours ago, Pux19 said:

Please tell me you got screen shots of it all. They won't enforce a trade, but they can and do punish scammers. 

15 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

The only situation that this can occur is if you don't have enough slots to hold your rivens you are need to either buy more slots or dissolve some rivens before you can either buy or sell them.
For instance say you had 60 rivens and had no slots and you got another riven from doing the sorties, or a gift of the lotus had one as a reward, so you went to 61 rivens out of 60.  The game won't allow you to trade rivens until you're back within your cap.

Even still the game mentions in a few places to never trade for promises, only to trade for what is in the trade window and nothing else and that DE will not enforce trades for promises...so I doubt that the OP will get this resolved in his favor.

That's not true...I was well over my riven limit and I could trade them with no issues. Granted the ones I traded were veiled ones I didn't want to bother with, maybe the trade aspect of it is limited to unveiled rivens?

1 hour ago, TheRealShade said:

That's not true...I was well over my riven limit and I could trade them with no issues. Granted the ones I traded were veiled ones I didn't want to bother with, maybe the trade aspect of it is limited to unveiled rivens? 

How far overcapacity were you?

the limitation seems to be, that if you are overcapacity, the trade is allowed as long as the result afterwards will put you within capacity.

so, 91 down to 90 is allowed

but 93 down to 92 is Not allowed

however 93 down to 90 is allowed (all 3 given away in a single transaction)

44 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

the limitation seems to be, that if you are overcapacity, the trade is allowed as long as the result afterwards will put you within capacity.

Then I guess that's why, I was 1 over the cap and traded 2 at once.

3 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Thanks for the extra info.
All I've heard from people who were over the cap is that they can't trade rivens or do sorties until they are under the cap.  Now I know the limit and how its handled.

On 2018-11-19 at 10:10 AM, Tsukinoki said:

When I had too many rivens I had to get rid of one immediately before continuing. So don’t know about the first part completely. Which is why I wouldn’t have fallen for such lies. But would be nice if there was some sort of list of scammers to warn players of or DE could have some sort of message every time you go to trade chat that reminds you that there are scammers. 

On 2018-11-19 at 9:50 AM, Pux19 said:

not much that can be done we have been cautioned against trading for "promises" for along time now.  and basically told us they won't guarantee or enforce trades for promises like that.

kind of whole reason for the multiple stage accepting for trade is so that you can confirm that yes I know im giving x for y and I do truely intend for that to be case.  

hate to say it but this has to be just a lesson learned and move on as nothing that can or will be done about it