Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Waste? Is allowed?

E-N-E-R-G-Y

I guess that's for people that like putting insane amount of Forma into their frames just for "fun", like the guys who spend 1500 forma on his Volt and 500 on Taxon

à l’instant, PoisonHD a dit :

Do you mean formaing off a polarity? Or just exiting the screen and not using it?

He means using a Forma to NOT CHANGE a polarity, basically just keep the exact same poloarities setup but still use a Forma.

1 hour ago, E-N-E-R-G-Y said:

https://ibb.co/

So you can not polarise a mod slot and still use a forma? Resetting your weapon to rank zero in the process? How is this allowed?

why should it not be allowed? if they want to waste a forma to add another number onto their gun that doesnt do anything let them

Edited by --Laughing-Soul--

10 minutes ago, E-N-E-R-G-Y said:

How is this allowed?

Because in some cases you might not want to forma an item, maybe because it can fit in all of the mods you need/want for a build without any forma, but still want the ability to move around the polarities inherent to the weapon, to make different elemental combos easier, and to do so you need to expend a forma.
Also there is a player called "FormaAddict" that spends at least 100 forma per item, if not more.

Edited by Tsukinoki

12 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because in some cases you might not want to forma an item, maybe because it can fit in all of the mods you need/want for a build without any forma, but still want the ability to move around the polarities inherent to the weapon, to make different elemental combos easier, and to do so you need to expend a forma.
Also there is a player called "FormaAddict" that spends at least 100 forma per item, if not more.

and that's what happened to me, I wanted to forma, the game said but 3 forma for 35 plat, I was I was clicking yes yes to buy, then boom, forma gone for no polarity + my amprex reset to unranked after I just spent 25 waves ranking it. Went back to see it is possible that I might have spent forma for no polarity and there it is... I alt f4 the game.

43 minutes ago, E-N-E-R-G-Y said:

Moving polarities around doesn't cost forma, it also doesn't reset your weapon.

But you must use at least 1 forma to use that feature. They were saying that if the weapon already HAS all the polarities you want (innately) then a player might not want to add/subtract one just to unlock the swapping feature.

If you accidentally applied a Forma you purchased without changing any polarities, submit a ticket to support. They might be able to help you.

9 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

before submitting that refund ticket to support

ask yourself, 'is it worth it'?

the unspoken rule is everyone is allowed 1 transaction reversal, you may want to save it for a bigger ticket item

What the heck? Where has that ever been enforced?

Obviously if someone is buying and refunding lots of items in a manner that appears to be deliberate or exploitative, Support will consider refusing to fix their problems.

But if someone makes a mistake, they'll fix it. If that same person makes another mistake six months down the line? They'll probably still fix it.

Support is about customer satisfaction, and saying "sorry, but you already made a different mistake 2 years ago; we won't help you" would be antithetical to that purpose.

Obviously, Support won't refund an item you bought a long time ago... But if it is fairly recent and arguably due to a design flaw with their UI there is no reason why that would be counted as some sort of black mark on a profile.