Just an idea for Garuda's talons

PSvsXBOX

Why not have the option to switch between our melee and Garuda's talons. For example, when we equip our melee the button for secondary fire can make the switch. It would make for and interesting flexibility. Tell me if you agree with this 🙂

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i dont agree 😐

Why not? It would be cool to see some changes in the game, plus this would be good if we only want to go in with melee weapons. I am a fan of melee weapons and it would be a good feature for Garuda

Just now, M3JA said:

Why not? It would be cool to see some changes in the game, plus this would be good if we only want to go in with melee weapons. I am a fan of melee weapons and it would be a good feature for Garuda

that was not your question, you asked if we were in agreement, i was not , no specifics as to why or why not ..? 😐

i dont think it would be fair if she is then allowed two melee modes, especially an exalted weapon on top of a normal weapon in the same kit at same time without power cost or somethig to weigh it down

to allow this would then require de to then relook at other exalted weapons and non 4 exalted in general such as khoras whip and garas glass sword, nezha chakram would then need to be factored for this mechanic ,not to mention the non exalted melees such as ivars bow and mesas peace makers ect

as it stands she is already unique that she can access her raptor claws [no melee equipped] without a power cost and can use them with any stance mods and any melee mods 

so i dont agree ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

that was not your question, you asked if we were in agreement, i was not , no specifics as to why or why not ..? 😐

i dont think it would be fair if she is then allowed two melee modes, especially an exalted weapon on top of a normal weapon in the same kit at same time without power cost or somethig to weigh it down

to allow this would then require de to then relook at other exalted weapons and non 4 exalted in general such as khoras whip and garas glass sword, nezha chakram would then need to be factored for this mechanic ,not to mention the non exalted melees such as ivars bow and mesas peace makers ect

as it stands she is already unique that she can access her raptor claws [no melee equipped] without a power cost and can use them with any stance mods and any melee mods 

so i dont agree ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That idea with the energy cost would be good to be honest, not to use it to much and to have a cost to it, I like it. See, we are getting somewhere now 😄

I don't really think calling her talons an exalted weapon is right, it's like Gara's hammer - a "signature weapon" - except built into her specifically. Being able to use both in a mission is no better or worse than being able to use two different normal melee weapons.

Edited by CoolDudeMcCool

8 minutes ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

I don't really think calling her talons an exalted weapon is right, it's like Gara's hammer - a "signature weapon" - except built into her specifically. Being able to use both in a mission is no better or worse than being able to use two different normal melee weapons.

I don't think calling Exalted weapons "Exalted" is right either.

Why don't we compromise and refer to all of them as "Unique Weapons". :clem:

Just now, DeMonkey said:

I don't think calling Exalted weapons "Exalted" is right either.

Why don't we compromise and refer to all of them as "Unique Weapons". :clem:

Well I'd like to differentiate Garuda's, since her talons are just a normal weapon that's exclusive to her as opposed to something at least moderately unique as part of someone's kit

My only gripe with her talons is that it sits in a separate tier to all other melee weapons. Why can't it sit in the unequip slot like base attachment for frames. Some might say this is because you're required to have another weapon equipped be it primary or secondary with the talons. But realistically. Why is that.

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Hmmm, would it? I don't follow. 

It would simply mean "Unique Weapon that is an ability".

Since there's unique weapons and normal weapons, "unique ability weapon" would make me think that there's somehow normal ability weapons too, I don't think the unique is necessary if there's only the one tier of ability weapons

1 hour ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

Since there's unique weapons and normal weapons, "unique ability weapon" would make me think that there's somehow normal ability weapons too, I don't think the unique is necessary if there's only the one tier of ability weapons

I cannot see it from your perspective I'm afraid. To me "unique ability weapon" is exactly what it says on the tin. An ability weapon that is unique to a frame, much the same way that Garuda's unique weapon is a weapon unique to her that isn't an ability.

I'm screwing around though, hence the clem face and large smiley. Not sure why I've gotten such a serious response to what I thought was me clearly pulling someone's leg.

The definition I'm working by is "belonging or connected to (one particular person, place, or thing)." So instead of the Ability weapon being unique in that there are also generic ability weapons, it is unique in that it belongs to a single frame.

Edited by DeMonkey