Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for companions?

mikeoxhard1989

So with the implementation of Moa's and how they are built part by part my suggestion is, Would you want to expand that system to sentinels, kavats, and kubrows?

One of the most intriguing things about the Moa's is that we can customize them to our play style, with that could the parts on them be interchangeable? (instead of having to make a completely different moa.) The same could be done for sentinels.

As far as kavats and kubrows we could do the same thing just with genes? We could put in a new or add to a certain standing, genomes for both of our furry companions.

Wondering what both the community and devs thoughts on this.

Since the companion's aesthetics are mainly for looks and not for stats I'd say it would require a major change in that system. Personally, I like to have appearance and stats separated, and yes, that's a minus on the MOAs, Kitguns and Zaws for me, despite using them anyway. And despite DE applying these appearance-stats mixed systems recently they do try to avoid them, and they even reworked several systems to separate appearance and stats.

Do I see it happening for sentinels, though? Once again I don't like the appearance-stat mix, but lore-wise it'd be more tolerable  for me that way? Would I build them? Sure! In fact, who knows. The change you suggest might already be in the works since a companion rework is inbound. A bit far fetched imo but still a possibility.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

1 hour ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

MOA is machine, and Kavat + Kubrows are animals, u cant buy parts for animals to make them, that doesnt have any sense, exept for Sentinels which are also machines like MOA.

Customization for Sentinels can have sense but for animals nope.

thats why i said genes. we already have to do it for kavats.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Lore-wise, customization for anything but the MOAs isn't possible. Helios/Carrier/etc. are benevolent Sentient things, they aren't strictly machines.

you misunderstand what im saying. The point i was trying to make is that it would be cool to customize their stats ie. build them to be more offensive or defensive instead of basing it off of what frame you are playing with the link mods. while keeping them as a whole, im not suggesting we take wyrm parts and bolt them onto helios or death cube.

3 minutes ago, mikeoxhard1989 said:

The point i was trying to make is that it would be cool to customize their stats ie. build them to be more offensive or defensive instead of basing it off of what frame you are playing with the link mods.

You mean like the mods DE has mentioned as coming that will offer stat bonuses unaffected by frame choice?

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

You mean like the mods DE has mentioned as coming that will offer stat bonuses unaffected by frame choice?

No something completely different considering they were talking about the mods that sentinels have access to and all they have said is that they are gonna allow those mods to be equipped by the pups and moas cause as of right now they arnt allowed to. Im talking about giving our companions more depth then just being something that we use to vacuum up our drops...