Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't receive notifications in the Warframe Nexus app

(PSN)CoderGoth

I can't receive notifications on the Nexus app on iOS, but due to some very weird behavior:

• When I attempt to save changes to the app's notification settings, I get a misleading error message that says "Push notification [sic] have been disabled. They can be turned on in the iOS settings".
  • When I go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down, Warframe's app doesn't appear in the list of apps supporting push notifications.
  • I've tried the usual stuff and even a little above and beyond, to no avail:
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the app
    • Uninstalling the app, doing a power cycle, then reinstalling the app, then doing another power cycle
    • Updating iOS, uninstalling the app, then reinstalling the app
  • I've used the latest App Store release only - I haven't used it prior, so I don't know if the latest update caused any of this.

Am I the only one who's run into this issue?

Side note: I've filed a support ticket, but for some reason, I wasn't notified when a DE team member responded to it, so it was erroneously closed. I filed a follow-up earlier today to effectively revive it.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)CoderGoth said:

Am I the only one who's run into this issue?

I have been running the previous version and it is working correctly. I will update it and see what happens. 

What is your device and iOS? They could be important. I have:

• iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB (cellular)
  • iOS 12.1 (most recent)

As for the location. This one is probably okay. DE recently removed the "Nexus App" topics. It could go into "Bug Reports", but you cannot move it yourself. And I doubt it will make much difference.

Edited by krc473

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running iOS 12.1 on an iPhone 8 64GB.

I found the issue, and it's really, really odd: apparently, it does not request permission to notify you until after you log in the first time. But after then, it just works as you'd expect. This is never noted anywhere, it's just how it apparently works.

Now it'd be useful if they'd also let you persist your login even when you exit the app and re-enter.