Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

did warframe ever cause any major problems for you?

Space0ddity

Yeah, I often play WF when I should be doing something else. Stupid addictive game. I find uninstalling helps... But I've had it back on since May, logged another 400 hours (steam). Working up to uninstalling again. At least for a bit. 😥

Anything can do that though. You could destroy literally your entire life by being addicted to Minesweeper if you really wanted.

That said, I've almost lost my job and girlfriend during high binging, high-stupidity sessions with Warframe.
All things in moderation.

10 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

i once lost a girlfriend by playing wf instead of going out to date her

but

i think wf has the potential to cause more damage than that to someone

can someone share a few stories about bad things and warframe?

Seems like its a problem causes by you instead of warframe.

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

Seek help, really. If you have addiction problems. If you can't help but play a game than to interact with what you would call a significant other for significant amounts of time, days in a row. Or abandon work for more than just a launch date hype. It's not the game.

25 minutes ago, novalery said:

Seems like its a problem causes by you instead of warframe.

yo chill chill

i needed to farm 

i didnt say i REGRETTED that

Aside from eating somewhere around 2.5k hours of my life over the years and taking cash out of my wallet on those sweet 75% discounts, nope, no problems here.

Btw, if your girlfriend left you JUST because you didn't go on one date then you're better off without her.

Edited by TheRealShade

1 час назад, ALOEDA1 сказал:

i once lost a girlfriend by playing wf instead of going out to date her

There is such a principle - once - it is an accident. Twice is a trend.
Three times is a consistent pattern.

If in the future you will miss any important meetings and affairs in real life again because of the game, with real damage for yourself - you need to slow down with the games, and figure out what problems led to the virtual for you most important then real life.

2 minutes ago, Falconer777 said:

There is such a principle - once - it is an accident. Twice is a trend.
Three times is a consistent pattern.

If in the future you will miss any important meetings and affairs in real life again because of the game, with real damage for yourself - you need to slow down with the games, and figure out what problems led to the virtual for you most important then real life.

i actually wanted to break up with her

it's not good to preach to people

I have to ask my sister what is going on in the world. I rarely bother to look at the news. If I was rich, I'd probably never leave my home, everywhere is just more strip malls, fast food joints, people wanting you to buy something. Humans are dumb as... We, relatively speaking, only live like 15 nanoseconds when you consider the currently accepted age of the Cosmos, yet we waste nearly 95% of it trying to make money. You gotta' have something that brightens up your day whether it be football, pilates, or Warframe. I just so happen to choose Warframe with a healthy dose of Netflix and Russian language learning!

Sigh... Not sure if I blame Warframe, I don't usually have funds to live during this time of year. 

I happily will work 80+ hours if needed, before no good job would hire me, now that I have one.. Well lots of personal issues pertaining to my wife and child,  trying to save up for a switch so I can just play during my work breaks. 

My son rolls his eyes when he comes in the office and see Warframe. "Youve played that mission before Dad. Play another game! You have so many cool games! At least play that flying level, you hardly ever do that one"

To outsiders, this game can seem insanely repetitive

Edited by Hypernaut1

Quite the opposite, really. When my girlfriend from the UK moved in with me in Germany, she used Warframe to stay in touch with her family. We regularly met in our dojo with her mum and her sister, played missions together and all that. Now we moved to the UK and I play Warframe with friends and family in Germany. It's really quite helpful. 🙂

59 minutes ago, ALOEDA1 said:

its cause i had to go and find another one, which was sorta annoying

WTF man ... isn't that a "good" thing because it gave you an excuse?

Just admit it, you wanted another girlfriend and are trying to blame Warframe for something it didn't contribute to.