Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need an absurd amount of Endo and i don't know how it's possible

PenderTheTyrant

Question

So i was tired of having my mods half fused and wanted to have good mod builds, mostly the Umbra and the umbra melee mods but then i checked how much i need to max them out... Around 70k endo just for the 2 melee ones. Right. And i thought that selling 2 ayatan treasures made me rich with 6k endo. 

Credits are farmed in the Index and that's easy enough, but endo? The ayatan hunt is once per week, missions give you 100 endo top as a reward + what you farm killing enemies. 

Please tell me there's a secret button to press that gives me 100k endo...

Gonna go with the Public Suggestion of Arbitrations. They can be tricky to get into, and they're a slight alteration of their normal game-types to be a little more difficult, but once you get the Rotation Reward, you get to keep it, regardless if you die before the next 10 or so minutes are up and the next Rotation Reward is achieved.

And don't bother with the melee umbral mods for now. Primed pressure point should be a priority over Sacrifical Pressure. Same goes for the crit one. You don't have to have them maxed. For the frame umbra mods its also not a must to use or max them appart from maybe Umbral Intensify. If farming the endo for them feels too much for you, you're probably not at the point of the game that you should max them. Primed mods and other normal mods should be prioritized. 

That last rank is the REAL endo muncher.

The rank before that is a capacity muncher (odd numbers round up in a polarized slot).

It's for those reasons that I have a fair few expensive mods (umbral, primed) ranked up to 8 rather than 10.

The mods still perform well. +135% melee damage still good. +165% is better yes, but 30,000 endo better?

Just don't stress about it. Rank 8 is good. The endo will happen eventually.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

10 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

How the hell am i going to do that? On some places there's no one playing ever and excavation/defenses are impossible solo

You problem is that you are trying to rank up end-game-mods.
The Umbra-Mods are meant for people that have nothing else to do with their endo.
You should keep these mods for later.
As of now, you should use their normal counter-parts. These counter-parts are easier to rank up. And then you are strong enough to do missions solo. The further you get, the more Endo you will make. And then you will be able to rank up the Umbra-Mods and others.

There are many options:

Arena missions in Sedna.
Excavation in a dark sector in Pluto.
Arbitrations.
Sculpture hunting.
PoE bounties.

It won't get you 100k in a single mission, but it's something you can work towards, slowly, but if you still find excavation/defense/interception impossible to solo, then maybe you should be worrying about other stuff right now, like new frames.

7 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

How about the missions with the 4 flags to capture and keep (forgot the name)

Most of them are doable with the right setup, though it's not super easy. Large range limbo stasis can work depending on the map, otherwise wide range nukers gliding between the points. I think mirage can also booby trap the capture consoles.

5 minutes ago, kambinks said:

And don't bother with the melee umbral mods for now. Primed pressure point should be a priority over Sacrifical Pressure. Same goes for the crit one. You don't have to have them maxed. For the frame umbra mods its also not a must to use or max them appart from maybe Umbral Intensify. If farming the endo for them feels too much for you, you're probably not at the point of the game that you should max them. Primed mods and other normal mods should be prioritized. 

Umbra mods are really good for some characters and the Paracesis

1 minute ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

Umbra mods are really good for some characters and the Paracesis

Yes but its not worth the investment in most cases. Its something you invest on after you have your base mods all well made because in most cases your frame wont have enough points to have all of the umbral mods and you'll either have to forma every other slot just to fit them for minimal extra gain and be fixed to that certain build or use the umbral mods not at maxed which makes them inferior. Especially compared to Primed Pressure Point or the Berserker+Blood rush combo which are easily better.

The trouble you're putting yourself into farming endo + multitudes of forma for it is not worth it. But if you're gung ho on doing it sure. More game time for you. 

1 minute ago, kambinks said:

Yes but its not worth the investment in most cases. Its something you invest on after you have your base mods all well made because in most cases your frame wont have enough points to have all of the umbral mods and you'll either have to forma every other slot just to fit them for minimal extra gain and be fixed to that certain build or use the umbral mods not at maxed which makes them inferior. Especially compared to Primed Pressure Point or the Berserker+Blood rush combo which are easily better.

The trouble you're putting yourself into farming endo + multitudes of forma for it is not worth it. But if you're gung ho on doing it sure. More game time for you. 

I have basically every base mod maxed out, i can make a good build (just don't have any primed mod still) and i have farmed some formas that's not an issue

Vodyanoi farming method:

Squad setup: 2 desecrate Nekros - Range Nidus - EV Trin
Weapons: Ideally slash heavy to mutilate the corpses and potentially increase nekros's desecrate effectiveness. (Tigris Prime and Atterax are good options)

Both Nekros have desecrate at all times, Nidus spams larva in the middle of the arena, EV... Well, spams ev for Nidus. Kill as many enemies as possible, if done right you'll get 700-1000 endo per run. You could do a 3 man squad instead, the 2nd Nekros is optional.

(I last tested this method a few months ago and have been away from the game since, dunno if it was changed at any point) (There are several YT videos about it too, if you wanna look more into it, both as a squad and solo)

Personally, and I levelled all 5 umbra mods, I think I got of my endo from just playing the game in general and converting excess mods into endo.  Probably did a bit of sedna arena but that was before bladestorm got changed (can still use ash there now but it's likely a different approach now)

Then I do the weekly ayatan mission, pick up all the stars, and you'll be suprised how quickly you get endo.  Admittedly I started this right when ayatan came out but I'm still sitting on like 70 ayatan sculptures even after maxing out (a few stopped at 8/10) my main prime mods.

Other than that endo is now supposed to be farmed in arbitration, can't say that's particularly enjoyable to me seeing as it's 10min/10 rounds per reward (whatever happened to the 'adjustments' DE were planning...).  Mind you I do need to do a little so I can get the mods 😞

Investing in maxing legendary mods early on is a complete waste of resources imo. The amount of endo and credits a mod takes to be maxed scales based off of its rarity. Common R10 mod (like Vitality) take only 10k endo and 500k credits to max out, while Legendary mods (like the Umbra mods you mentioned) need 40k endo and 2mil credits.

At your level, you'd be much better off managing your limited resources and not pushing your legendaries past rank 8, since just the last 2 ranks on legendary mods take 30k endo and 1mil credits, and don't offer enough of a stat boost to be worth the investment (they're basically just there for people who've been playing for a long while and have more endo than they know what to do with). Look at it this way - Maxing out a single legendary mod takes the same amount of endo as leveling up 4 legendary mods to rank 8.

Also a sidenote on Arbitrations - Even though that mission type is a pretty decent endo farm, enemies there are lvl80+. If you're having trouble soloing lvl20 - 30 starchart missions, you wouldn't be able to run arbitrations anyways.

So, imo don't waste your endo on maxing legendary mods yet. Instead focus on maxing out your regular builds and getting the essential endgame frames (Trinity, Nova, Frost, Rhino, Equinox, Banshee, Saryn, etc)  so you can actually participate in endgame content like sorties and arbitrations, and meanwhile work on clearing out the starchart. That way, once you have access to the endgame endo farming spots, you'll also have decent enough builds to actually run those missions efficiently.

Until then, you have a few lower difficulty options like the higher tier Bounties in both Plains and Venus, Hieracon on Pluto or Vodyanoi on Sedna. They're all decent spots for farming Endo, but your time would be much better spent on farming more frames and setting up proper builds on them with the regular mods you already have while saving up the endo you get for the primed version of the base mods, rather than grinding to max out an Umbra mod which isn't even that good tbh, and not really worth using against non-sentient enemies even if you do have the spare endo to max it out.

Edited by aerelm

24 minutes ago, aerelm said:

Also a sidenote on Arbitrations - Even though that mission type is a pretty decent endo farm, enemies there are lvl80+. If you're having trouble soloing lvl20 - 30 starchart missions, you wouldn't be able to run arbitrations anyways.

I'm fine at lvl 40-60 with my Nidus. I'm mastery 12 by the way, i have some prime frames too (ash, ember, rhino, limbo, trinity, frost)  most of my regular mods are maxed out, that's why i want to start using legendaries now

Edited by PenderTheTyrant

1 hour ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

How the hell am i going to do that? On some places there's no one playing ever and excavation/defenses are impossible solo

I find the easiest way to handle these is with a max range / duration Nyx. Psychic scream everyone into a panic and cap the points while they fight eachother. Every mission in the game is soloable with some tactical planning.

Before Sorties, Rathuum, Arbitrations, Sculptures, etc. I used to do Hieracon on Pluto for Endo, or resource farming groups with Nekros and Hydroid - you don't have to advertise/search for mod farming, you can just do it for a popular resource (plastids, polymer bundles, nano spores, etc). It's normally possible to find people trying to get those and you'll get mods to dissolve as a byproduct.

In this game, you never get just one thing at at time. Make use of that by running your farms for other stuff simultaneously that you need (or will need, even if you don't need it right now).

Edited by schilds