The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Limbo 1 (harassing players abusing it)

PenderTheTyrant

I guess i'm really unlucky but lately i found quite a few players spamming Limbo 1 on me constantly for the whole duration of a mission. I know you can roll and get out of the stasis but why... Sometimes it gets really frustrating and won't let me pick up items, interact with objects, farm kills, stack with Nidus... And they use it on enemies that i want to kill too.

I can't even report these players because for some reason there is no option to do so.

How about Limbo 1 lasts few seconds and puts ONLY the frame on stasis and not weapons and abilities? Also give it a cooldown, so i can still kill people and be invulnerable for a little time.

7 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I can't even report these players because for some reason there is no option to do so.

You have to get evidence and make a support ticket.

• Essentially, record the 'abusive' Limbo player and send it to DE with an explanation of how they were griefing you. If you just happened to get caught in the AoE frequently that does not count. You need actual evidence that you specifically were the target for no good reason at all (you did tell these people it was annoying right?). If you cannot prove this was the case, just drop the accusations.

Basically, your suggestion is ruin one of Limbo's based on how a few people use it. I have never had these issues at all with Limbo players. Banish is an AoE ability, so you may not even be the intended target. Why DE thought this was a good decision I do not know. But it is what we currently have.

Edited by krc473
Typos

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

You have to get evidence and make a support ticket.

• Essentially, record the 'abusive' Limbo player and send it to DE with an explanation of how they were griefing you. If you just happened to get caught in the AoE frequently that does not count. You need actual evidence that you specifically were the target for no good reason at all (you did tell these people it was annoying right?). If you cannot prove this was the case, just drop the accusations.

Basically, your suggestion is ruin one of Limbo's based on how a few people use it. I have never had this issues at all with Limbo players. Banish is an AoE ability, so you may not even be the intended target. Why DE thought this was a good decision I do not know. But it is what we currently have.

Why bother at all? They're just being annoying and i want to move on. If like most online games after the mission ends you could just click "report" and write the reason, if a player gets reported tot times for the same reason then take action. Why would i record a whole mission, get out of the game, upload it, open a ticket... 

I'm fine with Limbo 4 it's a good ability and i can play around it, the 1 instead is just flawed. The fact that's the way it is doesn't mean it can't be changed.

9 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

i found quite a few players spamming Limbo 1 on me constantly for the whole duration of a mission. I know you can roll and get out of the stasis but why... Sometimes it gets really frustrating and won't let me pick up items, interact with objects, farm kills, stack with Nidus... And they use it on enemies that i want to kill too.

Have you told them to stop? Because usually it's a good idea to keep caster frames like Nidus banished.

1 minute ago, Syasob said:

Have you told them to stop? Because usually it's a good idea to keep caster frames like Nidus banished.

I haven't because in that moment i was just chill, stacking with Nidus is usually hard with most comps anyway. But once Limbo was really onto it constantly, i doubt telling him to stop would have accomplished anything, didn't want to start a rant.

9 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

Why bother at all? They're just being annoying and i want to move on. If like most online games after the mission ends you could just click "report" and write the reason, if a player gets reported tot times for the same reason then take action. Why would i record a whole mission, get out of the game, upload it, open a ticket... 

So basically you have no evidence. Said Limbo player(s) could have thought they were being helpful. There is a benefit in keeping some frames in the rift (i.e. Caster frames). Because a maximum of four people can be in a squad, DE could realistically not receive enough reports to justify the time/effort in investigating the issue. If players go to the trouble of reporting this type of behaviour DE needs to spend considerably less time on it, so it if far easier for them to carry out corrective action(s).

5 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

stacking with Nidus

You can be in the rift and do this perfectly fine. It allows you to stack without taking damage/losing stacks. It is very easy to see how a Limbo player could figure this is a beneficial behaviour. If this was the issue it is quite possible the intention was to help, not to grief. I really do hope that this kind of thing is not what your issue is.

Edited by krc473

1 minute ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I haven't because in that moment i was just chill, stacking with Nidus is usually hard with most comps anyway. But once Limbo was really onto it constantly, i doubt telling him to stop would have accomplished anything, didn't want to start a rant.

You should try. Nobody likes being pulled by Valkyr's 1 and we don't see many such trolls. However, being banished usually is fine, at least if you don't rely on your weapons too much.

18 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

If you're building stacks being banished actually should help you, since being in the rift gives you energy and abilities work cross dimension.

So in this specific case it could be misscommunication of support or trolling with adverse effect.

Which one it is, is hard to judge, but I have seen players ragequit when they are getting banished as mesa while using regulators, just because they got banished, even if they were standing next to defence npc, and regulators keep working.

5 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

i'm just saying that it can be annoying. 

I find being hit by Volt's speed annoying (more so than Banish). But I am not going to report someone for accidentally hitting me with an AoE ability. If you cannot provide evidence that someone was griefing, why assume they were? Someone accidentally rifting you throughout a match does not suggest they were griefing.

• I assume this is why DE requires that people send evidence to support. Otherwise many people will make false reports with no evidence at all that someone was deliberately being problematic. This is essentially what has been done here. "OP had an issue with someone, cannot provide any evidence, never bothered to mention the issue to the relevant player. Assumed the player was deliberately being problematic".

Not one single thing you have said points to deliberate griefing. Everything could have easily been accidental. 

• Do you at least understand what the issue is here; and why DE might like specific player reports through Support?

3 hours ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I guess i'm really unlucky but lately i found quite a few players spamming Limbo 1 on me constantly for the whole duration of a mission. I know you can roll and get out of the stasis but why... Sometimes it gets really frustrating and won't let me pick up items, interact with objects, farm kills, stack with Nidus... And they use it on enemies that i want to kill too.

By the sounds of things they were using 1 to limit the amount of enemies you were fighting at once making their numbers more manageable. Which is why you were being banished too so rolling out of it wasn't a good idea.

I've had a problem like this in the past where I'd only have enough energy for my 1st. So I'd use it to put my team mate waiting at extraction with me into the rift then jump in myself so that we're both protected. They would roll out, get downed, then blame me for them going down.

Personally I use limbo on sorties to keep the NPC defense target safe (single target) and speed on volt mainly to have some melee speed fun (self buff). I would love a feature like hold to make said moves AOE and single taps focus target. Other frames have the hold function so its nothing new to DE.

1 hour ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

By the sounds of things they were using 1 to limit the amount of enemies you were fighting at once making their numbers more manageable. Which is why you were being banished too so rolling out of it wasn't a good idea.

I've had a problem like this in the past where I'd only have enough energy for my 1st. So I'd use it to put my team mate waiting at extraction with me into the rift then jump in myself so that we're both protected. They would roll out, get downed, then blame me for them going down.

There were few greneers at lvl 12 or so...

5 hours ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

I'm not posting a report, i'm just saying that it can be annoying. 

Hard to say if they were inexperienced and thought they were helping but they were popping me constantly in and out, not sure how that helps. 

Based on what your saying, they were banishing you but you never stopped to tell them to quit banishing you.

48 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

How is speed buff from volt annoying? It just makes you faster it doesn't prevent you from doing anything

Have you ever been hit by a 280% volt speed buff when you were already running at 1.49 speed? Or just a loki for that matter, volt royally screws that up when they dont know what they are doing.

If you make zero effort to tell the other person that they are being annoying then they are going to just continue to annoy you. This is literally like some one getting pissed off at some one not being able to read their mind. Honestly your post is just going to fuel the whole anti limbo players. Like when a player joins a team with an open mic and they have all sorts of noise going on, you tell them they have an open mic or you mute them.

Edited by Dabnician

It sounds like Limbo was using his abilities entirely as intended, which is inherently inconvenient in a lot of cases. I don't think they were being trolls. 

Unfortunately, Banish at base range can still affect a small army because it's a freakin' cone. It would be far more manageable as a target AoE so it only affects your target and nearby enemies/allies. That way you don't unintentionally hit everyone in between but you can still rift your target as well as allies attacking them to put enemies in Stasis while protecting the ally from outside attacks while they take them out. It doesn't ease the natural complications that come with the reward of the rift, but it makes it far easier to let your allies benefit and not constantly be in the wrong plane.

What a trollable ability..

At least items still vacuum to you..

It's happened to me where I'm in the middle of hacking and i get banished out of hacking.

TROLLABLE!    FAIL HACK MISSION!

Fix this. It's not the player, but the convienence of being able to do it.

Edited by Grimmstyler