Host priority to good connection players?

PenderTheTyrant

Is there a host priority or is it completely casual? If not it should be a thing.
Also an option to swap host. For example i have a good connection, i get in a lobby that has a host with high ping, we swap and everything goes smoothly for everyone. Because we all have been in some lag fiestas let's admit it.

4 minutes ago, PenderTheTyrant said:

If not it should be a thing.

What is a good connection?
And how would DE know if a player has a good connection.

They can meassure the connection between the player and their server.
This doesn't give any information on whether someone would be a good host.
Just because the ONE connection to DE's server is good, doesn't mean this person has a good connection to 3 other players in the team AND to DE's server at the same time.

So I will ask again, how would DE know?

it's not only about connection. i have the best connection possible in the EU region, Telia, if you know what i mean. However my pc struggles with Fortuna, but i host all the time. And i mean it, all the time. Which is not a pleasant experience for everybody i can assure you.

1 minute ago, Kel_Silonius said:

it's not only about connection. i have the best connection possible in the EU region, Telia, if you know what i mean. However my pc struggles with Fortuna, but i host all the time. And i mean it, all the time. Which is not a pleasant experience for everybody i can assure you.

Didn't know FPS can impact other's performance too... Thankfully my Pc is really good and my connection is decent, but i hardly ever host

I have left games that were so bad I froze for a few sec going to operator. They need a rework. Some of the issues are that not all players join at the same time. If the potato host is in the mission first before others join DE would force a host migration each time a better host joins. Also as mentioned, just because you have "good" internet connections doesn't mean your PC will be a good host. At most, a call to vote on host change would be nice. If someone wants to brag about how good there connection is i'll vote to give them host.

2 hours ago, Zelmeno said:

I have left games that were so bad I froze for a few sec going to operator. They need a rework. Some of the issues are that not all players join at the same time. If the potato host is in the mission first before others join DE would force a host migration each time a better host joins. Also as mentioned, just because you have "good" internet connections doesn't mean your PC will be a good host. At most, a call to vote on host change would be nice. If someone wants to brag about how good there connection is i'll vote to give them host.

Vermintide 1/2 has queue as host option if checked you will always start the mission as host, if unchecked you never host. DE can do this but......

Isn't there something like this when you setup a squad before starting a mission?  I've definitely seen host migration right after the mission countdown with a pre-made.

If you're talking about squads you join just by picking a mission and joining in, I haven't ever seen host migration in those cases unless the host leaves.  Probably not ideal to have 3 people having a reasonable or good game, someone else joins who happens to not have a good connection to current host and migration takes place while the original 3 are in the middle of something.  Not to mention the risk of "Host migration failed.", which we all know and love. 

I don't know, maybe this is preferable to the majority, but it doesn't seem like a great idea to me.  Maybe it would work if they could limit this to the first 10 or 20 seconds of a mission or some other reasonable condition.  A vote for host option as mentioned above might also work.