Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on switch

Kanji92

8 minutes ago, Kanji92 said:

and 1 more thing how will migration work? i guess it will be a ingame type of migration when you launch warframe it will ask you if you already have a pc account right?

No, you just create a Switch account for now. Once the game launches or a short while after that you'll be able to migrate/clone your PC account to your Switch account, overwriting any progress you may have made on the Switch.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

And all the console players will be starting at mr0 while pc players will be starting at whatever their Mr is atm with all their gear, mods, arcane etc.  Sounds fair doesn't it. 

There is no other choice. Sony and Microsoft will never let go of their customers. PC doesn't have that issue

1 minute ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

And all the console players will be starting at mr0 while pc players will be starting at whatever their Mr is atm with all their gear, mods, arcane etc.  Sounds fair doesn't it. 

I am not worried about it.  Look at it this way, they are not master enough to restart and reclimb.  Do they play it for the prestige of saying I'm Mr xx and you noobs can go.  I play for fun and the challenge to begin again and focus early in what needs to clear the chart and build one or more good warframes and weapons is better than lethal alerts!

I'll be honest, it's such a grind getting all your mods, endo, lvling weapons, etc etc etc that the thought of starting again from scratch actually does put me off.  I've put over 1100 hrs into the game and like where I am now, I don't want to go through it all again.  That's just me though, maybe other people will relish starting again with nothing.

And I really don't know why it's necessary anyway, switch is not going to replace my Xbox, it would only be for occasional use so why not let me register and then set up my profile to match my existing one?  

I'll probably play something else on switch and start from scratch in a new game tbh.

Just my view. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Yeah, unless you migrate over from PC, all new Switch players will need to start afresh from MR0.  I believe the announcement said no clan info will be migrated, so you'll need to start your Dojo from rank 0 and build/research everything.  No clans on switch will ever have the Ignis Wraith research unless DE decides a way to release it again.

As for PC players who migrated over with all their inventory, me thinks it's an excellent way to build up plat from trading on Switch right now, selling to new users who want prime parts, blueprints, special weapons, riven mods, vaulted stuff, etc.

Moreover, all new Switch users start from login day 0 too, so unless you migrated again, you'll need to wait to get your Zenistar, Primed Sure Footed, etc.