General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Vega Toroids

Azullion1

Yo, I have been grinding around the spaceport since fortuna launched, and Ive only gotten three Vega Toroids this WHOLE TIME... DE please, please, please, buff the drop rate for Vega Toroids exponentially. I'll suck your ... Just buff 'em please. I need help.

I have better luck having these drop at alert level 3. It seems the run-up to 4 I'll get one at alert 3 every time. 

Allowing the alert level to drop back down and restarting seems to (almost) guarantee a drop at level 3.

This is anecdotal, obviously, but you might try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, after the hotfix, solo farmed Vegas on my Nekros slash melee build with both boosters and did about 40 in two hours. This is consistent with the other toroids, so I believe this has been fixed.

Some tips if any are interested, Spaceport: Get the base up to alert 3, then work your way inside (quite a maze in there so can't be more specific) to the long interior "hangar" area. Mobs spawn MUCH faster in there. Move back and forth within that hangar hall and you should get plenty of spawns.

Temple of Profit: Kill what's outside, get the alert up to 2-3, and then go inside and take the elevator down. There, right by the elevator, and the adjoining hall are fast spawn areas, but can get tricky because close quarters makes the bounce grenade moas a huge pain for a solo Nekros. Best to at least duo farm the Temple with a frame with great cc, a hydroid could easily cover the whole elevator room with tentacles with the right range and charge time ;)

Enrichment Labs: Best place to farm your "rep toroids" as the fight area is best outside with many ships and rollers dropping off troops, it's very near Fortuna, just West. If the base starts "de escalating" just head back to Fortuna and reset, rinse repeat. Farmed 235 of these fairly easily over a couple of days of intermittent farming in anticipation of amps, etc. to be released in Fortuna 2.

Biggest tip? USE BOOSTERS. 80p for the two 3 day boosters is well worth it for Fortuna mining, fishing and toroid farming.

Edited by Buttaface

4 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Some tips if any are interested, Spaceport: Get the base up to alert 3, then work your way inside (quite a maze in there so can't be more specific) to the long interior "hangar" area. Mobs spawn MUCH faster in there. Move back and forth within that hangar hall and you should get plenty of spawns.

Yeah, when I'm farming in spaceport, that's the place to go for a constant stream of enemies in that back room.