Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

*SPOILER* Thanks to fortuna we now know why corpus weak-points are in their chest

8lbs

SOOOOOOOOo  Old Mate yea... wow creepy stuff, but i t was well done. for anyone who noticed from fighting hundreds of corpus you realized that the weak point was never the "head" but center mass. suure corpus crewmen have a head under their helmets but clearly there is nothing in it as you can see the back of their heads are metalic. so my theory is also that the

Spoiler

CORPUS BRAINS ARE STORED IN THEIR CHESTS!!!! thats why center mass shots do more damage

Hmm... This sort of conflicts with my past data. 

Previously, when using a flux rifle and landing hits on their heads, there was a chance that a critical hit would cause their brains to launch out the top of their helmets like toast from a toaster.

... It was a very amusing thing to see.

18 minutes ago, 8lbs said:

SOOOOOOOOo  Old Mate yea... wow creepy stuff, but i t was well done. for anyone who noticed from fighting hundreds of corpus you realized that the weak point was never the "head" but center mass. suure corpus crewmen have a head under their helmets but clearly there is nothing in it as you can see the back of their heads are metalic. so my theory is also that the

Reveal hidden contents

CORPUS BRAINS ARE STORED IN THEIR CHESTS!!!! thats why center mass shots do more damage

Er...just cause the backs of their heads are metal, doesn't mean there isn't still organic matter inside. Could just be additional armour plating for their brains? Or a base for tech implants?

Also, Corpus headshots very often tend to result in oneshot kills...as with most other enemies...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

12 minutes ago, EliteStrike1 said:

You know there's no point putting a spoiler tag if you then detail the spoiler in the title 😂

My bad 😅 gonna make it sounds like a general buzfeed clickbait title

4 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Previously, when using a flux rifle and landing hits on their heads, there was a chance that a critical hit would cause their brains to launch out the top of their helmets like toast from a toaster.

WOW thats...just wow

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Also, Corpus headshots very often tend to result in oneshot kills...as with most other enemies...

thats if your weapon is strong enough at higher lvls i stop shooting heads and shoot center mass. thats where the codex scanner shows as a weakspot too

Corpus aren't augmented like the Solaris are. Biologically, they're basically humans in exosuits.

Also, I have no idea where you got the idea that the Corpus' weak points are in their chests. They're vulnerable to headshots, it's just that you have to knock off their helmets first.

i probably have to do a deepr look into it but say im using the latron no mods. it takes 2 headshots to kill a  lvl 15 crewman and one chest shot.  chest shots give faster kills than headshots because the helmet provides additional armour. theres even a mini thread on enemy weakpoints "

"

57 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Wait, corpus aren't also clones like the Grineer? If the corpus are real individuals, I have a real concern about my KC... I mean it's in the millions..... I feel very bad all of a sudden.

Considering how debt functions for the Corpus, very large familial groups are probably the norm. Standing debts from previous generations could then be split between siblings, so they don't end up like Thursby.

The Solaris aren't Corpus. Corpus are normal humans or post-humans, and have normal heads. The Solaris are also human at birth, but heavily augmented, with large parts of their bodies replaced with robotics.

Solaris and Corpus are completely different people-groups. It's even mentioned during the Vox Solaris quest: "Honour the age-old accord between Solaris and Corpus."

27 minutes ago, 8lbs said:

i probably have to do a deepr look into it but say im using the latron no mods. it takes 2 headshots to kill a  lvl 15 crewman and one chest shot.  chest shots give faster kills than headshots because the helmet provides additional armour. theres even a mini thread on enemy weakpoints "

"

If you're still concerned about center mass shots

Nwctcoi.jpg

Its funny that even in that thread you posted, which was 4 years ago, it ended with, 

"Crewman heads are gonna be fixed Soon

Edited by Dopekoke

37 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

You can get critical hits on any part of the body though, it doesn't need to be a "headshot" to trigger a critical hit. That's why everyone goes for critical chance on weapons, the ignis hits every part of an enemy and can still crit 100% if built right.

He's talking about multipliers, headshot multiplier vs body shot.