Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ocucor, the little gun that almost could - mechanically unsound but good fun

Autongnosis

I've been playing around with the ocucor for a bit now and i mist say I'm both excited and disappointed with the gun. 

The gun looks and feels great, the VFX is consistent with what I'd expect and its gimmick does the job, barely. 

The problem is that the gimmick barely does it. Barely. The gun is fun enough on its own but damn it could be so much more. 

Currently its gimmick is definitely underused. Between the high ammo/kill and the low magazine the gun's tendrils do not do enough to make it actually fun. 

Imo the mechanic could use a balance pass. Some of the solutions i came ul with are:

- kills refund some ammo. 

- kills reduce ammo consumption for a duration. 

- kills make you not consume any more ammo for a duration. 

Or move away entirely with the "on reload the tendrils go away" and do something entirely different, like:

- each tendril has his own duration and gets refreshed to the cap (like berserker stacks). 

- remove magazine entirely and make it work like the Cycron. 

That's it. It's a shame because the gun looks great and it's quite fun, it could just be much more fun 😄

Edited by Autongnosis

I appreciate that it's not just another generic gun, but the tendrils mechanic really need some improvement.

In higher levels as killing enemies take more ammo, if we don't use the holster reloading mods, at best we can only get 1 maybe 2 tendrils for 1/4 or the mag. But i don't enjoy having to swap weapons every 10 seconds for a whole mission (and in case of the new set, having to to use a sentinel on top of that). I also tried to use magazine capacity mods but then with 2 slots reserved for utility the gun becomes really weak and it more than negates the benefits of the tendrils.

The OP's suggestions sound like a good alternative to me, especially the tendrils with duration refreshed on kill.

Edited by Robolaser