Limbo's Augment

BlueSabre

19 minutes ago, mikakor said:

i still need to understand why would people even want that, except for style or badass points...

You answered your own question. It might also have to do with the fact that his entire kit was built around that being a feature and with that yanked out he's pretty bland. You pretty much never have to leave the Rift Plane anymore because you never have to shut Stasis off.

3 hours ago, BlueSabre said:

DE could you please restore Limbos ability to manipulate projectiles, maybe as an augment for his stasis?

Lets not go back to those dark days. That was the most annoying thing about playing as limbo. If anything I want to be able to place enemies in or out of the rift while rift walking. His kit as of now is already god like but if there is anything that NEEDS to be fixed, it would be certain enemies still being able to damage warframes/objectives inside cataclysm while they are outside of it (mutalist ospreys certain grineer units and some corpus enemies). 

2 hours ago, YagoXiten said:

You answered your own question. It might also have to do with the fact that his entire kit was built around that being a feature and with that yanked out he's pretty bland. You pretty much never have to leave the Rift Plane anymore because you never have to shut Stasis off.

How would having a cosmetic aura change the fact that he never has to leave the rift? 

There is no practical reason to have that feature back. With Stasis naturally giving status infinite duration, damage from attacks being dealt instantly, and allies that won't be patiently tolerating your yearning to feel cool, you could only possibly benefit from our projectiles not being frozen. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

How would having a cosmetic aura change the fact that he never has to leave the rift? 

There is no practical reason to have that feature back. With Stasis naturally giving status infinite duration, damage from attacks being dealt instantly, and allies that won't be patiently tolerating your yearning to feel cool, you could only possibly benefit from our projectiles not being frozen. 

Because it isn't fun to shoot enemies that cannot ever fight back. I never said he was weaker after the Stasis changes--I said he was less interesting. Believe it or not you can ruin the elegance of something's design strictly by buffing it.

Stasis' projectile freeze forced Limbo to leave the Rift to kill enemies safely. Furthermore, Rift Surge's spreading on death and automatically casting Banish on its expiration meant that you would occasionally pull in more enemies than you intended to. Those two things together added a lot of nuance to Limbo. All that is gone. The only reason you ever have to leave the Rift Plane is to kill a Nullifier and even that is trivial now with Rolling Guard.

I thought it was pretty fun, the quirky and sometimes unintended interactions made the rift feel more unique. Limbo is objectively better after his changes, but I would gladly use an augment that manipulated projectiles just to see the mayhem that would ensue.

P.S. I played and enjoyed Limbo 1.0, if that tells you anything.

8 hours ago, YagoXiten said:

Because it isn't fun to shoot enemies that cannot ever fight back

Well, then you must hate Atlas, Banshee, Ember, Equinox, Excalibur, Frost, Gara, Harrow, Hydroid, Inaros, Ivara, Khora, Loki, Mag, Mesa, Nekros, Nezha, Nidus, Nyx, Octavia, Revenant, Rhino, Titania, Valkyr, Vauban, and Volt. Please, feel free to let me know if I missed anyone else on the long list of Frames with the ability to prevent enemies from fighting back....

8 hours ago, YagoXiten said:

Stasis' projectile freeze forced Limbo to leave the Rift to kill enemies safely

No. It really didn't. Played correctly, Between Cataclysm and Rift Surge you almost never needed to leave the rift even with your projectiles frozen. You were meant to use Stasis to line up shots then release in short spurts to allow the projectiles to hit your targets with supreme precision, not leave it on all day (although that was always possible and more commonly done). That play style hasn't changed. It just made everything faster.

7 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I assume the augment is only there to freeze their own projectiles and not yours.

I understand that, but if a Limbo puts stasis up and fires off a bunch of shots, I'm going to melee the enemies...not wait for him to feel cool. I will have killed everything long before his little anime boss fight is complete.

Limbo is my second most used Frame. That scenario played out like that in almost every single mission after his first rework. The only place it was a functional mechanic was in solo play where it was uninterrupted by allies. 

My original rework suggestion before it was changed to it's current form was for it to keep the frozen projectiles, but have stasis work like a slow strobe. It would release very momentarily every few seconds to release projectiles and allow allies the ability to use firearms and have the ability to casually dodge enemy fire. Could've had the best of both worlds.

Obviously that didn't work out. Lol

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

I'm going to melee the enemies.

Why? You can just shoot them during stasis, anyway im more than positive they arent dumb enough to try that in public games with map wipers so prevalent. 

Im giving the benefit of the doubt for a lot of this considering most Limbos i know strictly play solo to avoid prople.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Why? You can just shoot them during stasis

True, in this situation I would be able to shoot them as well (flashbacks to the Stasis pre-rework lol), but that further enforces my point.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

anyway im more than positive they arent dumb enough to try that in public games with map wipers so prevalent. 

Oh, I assure you they will. You may not see many Limbo in public game but I do, and they often use him badly. It's not intentional, I know, but as a regular Limbo player I know how much effort it takes to go out of your way to avoid making things worse for your allies in a lot of missions.

I can already see the forum posts "DE! Limbo augment useless! Allies kill enemies before I get to! @#$% DX". We get posts worse than that every day already so it's not remotely far-fetched.

I completely see why they changed it people are still not happy with how he still affects others in the rift. 

But it was fun playing as Dio would love it as an augment but only if it affects you only. So people who didn't like it won't be affected.Maybe with removed projectile cap too >•>

It was fun to use it with Azima's turret discs, which match the plane you're on as they're firing. Pile up multiple and then unleash them all at once, making an area "yours" for as long as the discs last (a very long time if you go for lots of magazine size). It'd be nice to set up an augment that gives that functionality to all weapons; if you fire it with Stasis active, then the weapon fire will follow you to whichever plane you're in when you deactivate it (or just affect enemies regardless of plane). It'd allow for setting up "traps" ahead of time for things such as Interception consoles.

The Azima functionality was something that appealed greatly to me, as when I started playing the game, I wanted to use Vauban, but he turned out to be an overwhelming disappointment. Stasis'd Azima gave me a crude approximation of the engineer-esque "build up ahead of time" playstyle that I was after from the start. To get it back, or even improve upon it from before with new options, would bring me considerable happiness.

Edited by ToolboxMotley

16 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

Well, then you must hate Atlas, Banshee, Ember, Equinox, Excalibur, Frost, Gara, Harrow, Hydroid, Inaros, Ivara, Khora, Loki, Mag, Mesa, Nekros, Nezha, Nidus, Nyx, Octavia, Revenant, Rhino, Titania, Valkyr, Vauban, and Volt. Please, feel free to let me know if I missed anyone else on the long list of Frames with the ability to prevent enemies from fighting back....

Miss me with your fallacious hyperbole. Stasis is the strongest CC in the game and it is on a Warframe with negligible Energy costs.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

No. It really didn't. Played correctly, Between Cataclysm and Rift Surge you almost never needed to leave the rift even with your projectiles frozen. You were meant to use Stasis to line up shots then release in short spurts to allow the projectiles to hit your targets with supreme precision, not leave it on all day (although that was always possible and more commonly done). That play style hasn't changed. It just made everything faster.

You were meant to turn it on and off, and you have literally zero reason to do so now. That's precisely what I just said.