Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice for T3 with PUG

(XBOX)Kuljack

Xbox 1 player, I am trying to get back into Tricaps and seek advice.

It's become difficult to find a group to run Tricaps with as most seek players with over 100+ tricaps under their belt. I'm a seasoned player but have not cared to do Tricaps extensively due to the blinding lightshows, alas I wish to begin gathering more Quill focus for the decorations and start bolstering my arcane arsenal. I am forced to join PUG after many rejections, but don't want to be 'That Guy' who is carried. So I want to bring something that'll be universal where I can support the team but also not be the keystone player where all are depending on me for success until I get back into the rhythm.

I am thinking about running Harrow with a short duration 70% I think was my build for tricaps, to trigger at the pulse waves and give a little crit damage. Running a 233 Amp cause I'm tired of grinding resources after building 4-5 amps, though I know everyone preaches the 223. I use a high FR radiation Buzlok because I cannot be trusted to aim well under the light shows. In the past this build has done just fine to get a Tricap down in one cycle but this was back in February. I don't believe much has changed to ruin this build but wanted some feedback to be sure my gear would do well for a tricap in a PUG match.

Imo you should go with Trinity because she's never not welcome and doesn't have a difficult job either, just gather some lures and babysit everyone.

Never used buzlok in a hunt but I'm guessing it isn't the most hard hitting rifle from the non meta list so I suggest you get a Rubico prime, it's semi auto so you can spray and pray if you have to.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

Imo you should go with Trinity because she's never not welcome and doesn't have a difficult job either, just gather some lures and babysit everyone.

Literally hardest thing in whole eidolon hunt,makes me wonder if it is some sort of joke that went over my head.

10 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Literally hardest thing in whole eidolon hunt,makes me wonder if it is some sort of joke that went over my head.

people don't complain at trinitys if they keep the lures alive. like even if they have 4% damage. no one cares cause lures are alive

6 hours ago, ---Merchant--- said:

I find it to be quite literally the easiest thing in the hunt. You basically don't need to co-ordinate with you team mates at all, which rarely happens during pugs. You just need decent damage reduction and duration on your bless and activate it before and after the magnetic waves. You don't have to know where your team mates are, or what they are doing (unless you have a UW user, which again, not very common in pugs). You simply have to recast bless once and a while and work on shields. The hardest part maybe would going and getting 7 lures during the Terry fight (depending when you load in, as often as I've found that another Trin or a Volt has already grabbed a bunch).

Obviously, I also recommend Trin for public tricaps as you save a lot of time by not joining, leaving, and rejoining random groups to look for a Trin. Hell, I've had some pretty good runs in public squads that were all Trin. 

If you are just starting out as Trin in public squads I recommend three things;

1) Get yourself an Itzal if you haven't already, it makes getting lures much easier.

2)Get yourself a Lanka, though it may not be in your job description to shoot limbs and such, added dps will just speed up your caps that much more.

3)Make sure to always jump during the stomp immediately following the downed phase. I have sabotaged several runs by getting blasted 100m away with all the lures still attached to me.

25 minutes ago, Eborden007 said:

I find it to be quite literally the easiest thing in the hunt. You basically don't need to co-ordinate with you team mates at all, which rarely happens during pugs. You just need decent damage reduction and duration on your bless and activate it before and after the magnetic waves. You don't have to know where your team mates are, or what they are doing (unless you have a UW user, which again, not very common in pugs). You simply have to recast bless once and a while and work on shields. The hardest part maybe would going and getting 7 lures during the Terry fight (depending when you load in, as often as I've found that another Trin or a Volt has already grabbed a bunch).

Obviously, I also recommend Trin for public tricaps as you save a lot of time by not joining, leaving, and rejoining random groups to look for a Trin. Hell, I've had some pretty good runs in public squads that were all Trin. 

If you are just starting out as Trin in public squads I recommend three things;

1) Get yourself an Itzal if you haven't already, it makes getting lures much easier.

2)Get yourself a Lanka, though it may not be in your job description to shoot limbs and such, added dps will just speed up your caps that much more.

3)Make sure to always jump during the stomp immediately following the downed phase. I have sabotaged several runs by getting blasted 100m away with all the lures still attached to me.

Or you know,just take chroma,shoot myself with rocket,1 shot eidolon limb,let trin babysit me and do all the lure work while I type in chat "haha guys u afk i did 99.99% damage,slackers"

I mean it is subjective,but it really is efortless for me to do dps role in eidolon hunt and to babysit others is simply my nightmare.
My experience is opposite of guys above,if something goes wrong trin does get blamed
"i died" blame trin
"run was slow" blame trin
"i got disconnected from server" blame trin
you-dont-have-to-take-responsibility-if-

Edited by ---Merchant---

10 minutes ago, ---Merchant--- said:

Or you know,just take chroma,shoot myself with rocket,1 shot eidolon limb,let trin babysit me and do all the lure work while I type in chat "haha guys u afk i did 99.99% damage,slackers"

I mean it is subjective,but it really is efortless for me to do dps role in eidolon hunt and to babysit others is simply my nightmare.
My experience is opposite of guys above,if something goes wrong trin does get blamed
"i died" blame trin
"run was slow" blame trin
"i got disconnected from server" blame trin
you-dont-have-to-take-responsibility-if-

I've never been blamed as Trin in almost 80 public tricaps as Trin. If your teammates die during a magnetic wave or to a sky laser there was obviously nothing you can do about it, and if you can make sure your doing more damage to shields than a mote amp would provide, your golden!

The primary cause of failure in a pub hunt is losing lures and people constantly going down, so the first priority should be healing, Trin works best and also provides damage resistance. After keeping the lures alive, the slowest part of the hunt is usually the shields, so Volt follows Trin. As long as people are bringing appropriate weapons (and they should be, given that unlike amps, you can get an appropriate weapon through non-operator gameplay) then buffing weapon damage will only save you a couple of seconds, and Volt also buffs damge, so that's lowest priority. Harrow's main benefit is preventing the magnetic proc, which is nice, but he's easily replaced by energy pizzas.

I used to take Trin, then I switched to Volt because usually someone else brings Trin, and if they don't then taking out the Gantulyst without a healer is kind of fun :-P. Oberon is a nice all round support: heals with Renewal, prevents magnetic procs with Hallowed Ground, and can buff (single target) with the Smite Infusion augment. I never bring a frame purely for buffs because they always seem to be popular despite being the lowest priority. In any case, regardless of the argument above about which frame has the most work to do in a hunt, if you care about making your life easy in the sense of not having to stress out over whether the hunt will even succeed, go Trin :-P.

Edited by schilds

I usually just run trinity.

With range and efficiency build, it is simple to keep blessing up at all times.

I use Manari and good amp so we bring down shields fast.

As for primary weapon, trinity should never have to fire hers because chroma should be waiting to one shot the limbs whenever the shield goes down.

Like many people here, I would suggest Trinity - you're pretty much independant of whoever comes in the PUG, and will be able to do a tricap whether or not you end up with experienced players.

I never do tricaps with a setup group, too much hassle for the benefit. I've had my best runs with randoms. I do not think of myself as a bad Eidolon hunter, but I regularly end up with some pretty good folks that impress me 🙂