Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Realised...

Joltyboi

so... i just realised something...

why do we have to pay to use our own personal foundry?

temp.png

(to be clear, in case someone thinks this, im not complaining or saying its stupid and needs to be removed or anything like that)

Edited by Joltyboi
im joking more than anything

5 minutes ago, ghoffman1928 said:

Why do we have to continue to pay property tax on a house that is already owned?

Please don't add real life logic like that into video game. If you want a better example, it would be like having to pay everytime you use a tool that is yours. Dumb, right? 

1 minute ago, Redfeather75 said:

Someone said that because we are kids, Ordis has set up a system that allows him to get the money through various means like mod upgrading and foundry crafting, and then Ordis takes that money and uses it to pay for fuel, renovations, etc

What kind of fuel do our orbiter use?

1 minute ago, mikakor said:

I don't know much, but I just vaguely remembered something about it.

https://www.warframe.com/news/ask-cephalon-2

ArtificialInsanity asks: When you build something in the Foundry, where do -those- credits go? To Ordis? What the heck is he buying behind my back?

Tenno, if left unattended, might spend the majority of their earned resources constructing new weaponry instead of managing "less essential" tasks, such as LIFE SUPPORT. While I cannot speak for Cephalon Ordis, it is conceivable that Ordis allocates acquired credits to managing other trivial areas unrelated to slaughter, such as Liset fuel cells, breathable atmosphere, etc.

I can assure you with absolute certainty that Ordis doesn't not contribute a portion of those funds into a probability pool weighed against your odds of survival.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

According to an old 'ask a cephalon' thing, they're siphoned off by Ordis to pay for Life Support. Because we'd either forget, or spend all our money on more guns.

Interesting. But I'd have thought life support was generated using power from the Orbiter's engines or something. Unless we have to do the WF equivalent of buying new dilithium crystals every so often, to keep the engines going...

I think OP has a good point though. We gather the resources to make stuff, so why do we also have to pay credits as well (unless the above applies)?

5 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Interesting. But I'd have thought life support was generated using power from the Orbiter's engines or something. Unless we have to do the WF equivalent of buying new dilithium crystals every so often, to keep the engines going...

I think OP has a good point though. We gather the resources to make stuff, so why do we also have to pay credits as well (unless the above applies)?

if it was a public foundry on a relay or something it would make sense, but given how its our own personal foundry on our ship i just realised that it seemed a bit funny that we were tossing our credits out the airlock whenever we craft something with it, but the replies about it do make sense

before this i had a little thing playing out in my head where an operator got back from farming resources, went to use them on their foundry, but got blocked by a credit pay wall or something, even though its their own foundry

Edited by Joltyboi

15 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Please don't add real life logic like that into video game. If you want a better example, it would be like having to pay everytime you use a tool that is yours. Dumb, right? 

Tells me not to use real life logic

uses real life logic as “better example” of why it is dumb

Maybe because its to cover the random stuff that our materials don't?
Such as adhesives and small bits and pieces that we don't specifically pick up?
i bet that there are plenty of things that go into a weapon/frame that aren't covered by our large resources.   Just like you can get the lumber to make a table and need to pick up screws/glue/paint/etc.

At least for a "lore" answer that works out quite well.
Out of lore: we need some kind of credit sink....

What if Credits are in fact small forms of batteries and the cost we input is just a raw 'power draw' that we pay for with direct input? That would also explain how credits maintain value in super space, where raw material's are fairly abundant and having that backing the value of your currency means less than your power. It'd also explain why the Corpus are so energy based, they want to generate money, and what excess can't be stored in the little cards gets used in weapon cells.

This is all completely asinine conjecture though, I've always subscribed to the 'secondary minor components' mentality of things like adhesives, none-gallium based bolts and rivets, welding arcs or whatever else you can think of.

2 hours ago, mikakor said:

Well considering it takes a few seconds to travel between planets, I'd assume a ftl drive, so probably dark matter. 

With our current real world ability to create it costing trillions of dollars per gram, I'd say VERY expensive fuel 

2 hours ago, Arniox said:

Well considering it takes a few seconds to travel between planets, I'd assume a ftl drive, so probably dark matter. 

With our current real world ability to create it costing trillions of dollars per gram, I'd say VERY expensive fuel 

and in a world where a race of perfect ( almost ) human toys with genetics, and terraform planets? ho, and can send throught to another solar system an entire ship... how about that? XD