Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scaling End Game Fortuna Base

ShockBurst

I would like for at least one base in Fortuna to start off with lvl 100 Mot-difficulty/scaling and have their levels increase as time goes by. I would love if they scale just as fast as Mot enemy level scaling after lvl 100 and beyond or even faster. 

I think this would cater to the endurance community and those who want more difficulty but just do not have the free time to sit hours in a mission until very high level enemies spawn. Arbitration could have addressed this but the enemy difficulty scales slower than Mot's and the arbitration drones mess up builds and strategies because we are not even allowed to crowd control the enemies under the drone's protection. They make single target weapons and non tanky warframes have a much harder time against projectile enemies with such protection that makes many abilities and tactics useless for too long (and on top of that you only have one life despite being a sitting duck sometimes). 

Therefore, I would love if an area of fortuna had high scaling enemies without a mechanic that makes builds and tactics useless. Meaning, it would be good to not spam nullifier-like enemies. There can be some but not an absurd amount (similar to the current nullifier drones in the space port that come in large numbers at times and the arbitration dronrs) to where your warframe's abilities are too outmached for keeping a player alive despite maneuvering and using ability synergies. Since their levels will be high, killing and maneuvering to survive their hits would be the challenge (since even a corpus Supra can one shot frames after a certain level).

I would like if the drop rates for rare fortuna resources were higher in this area as time went by. However, I am content if the rates are only slightly higher since I understand that the team is strongly against content that locks out certain players or makes players feel forced to play it. I and others just want higher difficulty, that still allows builds and tactics to shine, without having to wait long. 

This can be a game mode once you enter the area or it can simply be freely raiding the base (as we can currently do) and having the enemies scale as fast or even faster than they do in Mot until you leave or lose all lives. This may be better than a game mode because some want to face difficult enemies without having to babysit a life support meter or defense objective due to things such as spawn rate or RNG not dropping enough enemies or life support. It should allow players to enjoy focusing on pushing limits against extremely high levels rather than mostly (we still can but it should not be too difficult to keep in a safe range) babysitting a meter or objective.

2 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Mot difficulty is completely divorced from scaling. The endurance community isn't one DE is going to cater to.

What area do you feel like most players should be locked out of given your level/difficulty requirements?

I didn't say that any should be locked out. I said they don't have to make the drop tables  much better so that players won't feel forced to play to be efficient. I don't know how this idea can hurt anyone since it's just one base.

I like it. Add to that make it require conditions to unlock like when all capturable bases are captured and the giant orb defeated one random base on the map will begin to spawn lv 100 enemies.

A possible reward for the effort, other than spawning lv100 enemies, could be all three toroids could be farmed here and random fish parts too including rares.

40 minutes ago, ShockBurst said:

I didn't say that any should be locked out.

Mot level enemies, T4 damage multiplier and all, would absolutely make it impossible to do if you aren't expecting it. What part of the map should be inaccessible to most players?

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Mot level enemies, T4 damage multiplier and all, would absolutely make it impossible to do if you aren't expecting it. What part of the map should be inaccessible to most players?

I don't think it's hard to highlight the area in red or purple on the map or give some kind of warning, but...

To fix your concern, there can be:

A console that you can hack to alert harder enemies, with the mentioned kind of scaling, to spawn as reinforcements. That way the area is not inaccessible to players since you would have to intentionally cause such reinforcements to come. If you do not activate it, regular enemies will roam it.

I do not think this will hurt anybody if this method is used. In fact, it would help people who are bored and seeking more of a challenge. Many just do not want to or cannot spend hours waiting on challenging enemies to spawn.