General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

After migration, Ascaris is back

(NSW)TargetBoy

I played the first mission on the switch, just to try it out.  Then I migrated my PC account.

The migration seems to have gone well except for one thing: The ascaris is back on my ankle and right shoulder.  I suppose it is just a cosmetic thing, but it is odd.

I have not tried re-doing the initial quests.  I do still have the removal device, but I can not find any way to use it.  I will try going through the original quest to see if it gets removed, and I will post an update here.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)TargetBoy said:

I played the first mission on the switch, just to try it out.  Then I migrated my PC account.

The migration seems to have gone well except for one thing: The ascaris is back on my ankle and right shoulder.  I suppose it is just a cosmetic thing, but it is odd.

I have not tried re-doing the initial quests.  I do still have the removal device, but I can not find any way to use it.  I will try going through the original quest to see if it gets removed, and I will post an update here.

quick question, when migrating, did you retain your PC ign or had to make a new one??

8 minutes ago, (NSW)TargetBoy said:

I had the same issue, but on top of this, cannot get the Vor's Prize missions to either progress or go away. I made a topic on this earlier, but may not have placed it in the correct spot.

3 minutes ago, Hematocritz said:

quick question, when migrating, did you retain your PC ign or had to make a new one??

I do not understand.  What does "ign" stand for? 

Everything from my PC account seems to have transferred over.  My foundry is churning away, my quest list has the same quests completed.  I suspect there is a flag somewhere that says "the ascaris is on" that did not get cleared by the migration.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)TargetBoy said:

I do not understand.  What does "ign" stand for? 

Everything from my PC account seems to have transferred over.  My foundry is churning away, my quest list has the same quests completed.  I suspect there is a flag somewhere that says "the ascaris is on" that did not get cleared by the migration.

Ign = in game name

I might be wrong,  isn't the removal device consumed? But the blueprint is reusable? 

Double update:  try selling it and rebuilding it maybe

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

there was some mention of this in the ingame chat. seems to only affect people who did "not" complete the starter quest before migrating their accounts. Those that migrated afterward seemed to have everything work alright.

Also i noted that for some reason there is no pause in solo play on switch...... it just behaves like a public game. rather than like in pc when in solo mode it actually pauses

1 minute ago, (NSW)Tosicamir said:

Since you have to make a NSW account before migrating, and the first thing you do is choose an IGN, I'm going to assume you get your progress pasted onto your new IGN you make on switch. Cannot confirm this, because both are the same for me.

My in game name is different.  TargetBoy was taken on PC, so I used TargetBoyPlays there.  It was not already taken on the Switch.  Don't know if it affects anything though.

1 minute ago, Ev1lBunny said:

seems to only affect people who did "not" complete the starter quest before migrating their accounts.

I am going to wait till i have finished vors prize quest first before doing the migration i think . just in case this takes some time to fix.

I am trying to post in the bug section for the switch but it won't let me post.But either way I migrated my account and now I cant get in the game it says login failed.
all I did was migrate and now it won't let me in

nvm I guess there is just a login issue in general for people. prob a patch comming

Edited by Serifaz

1 minute ago, dogy9978 said:

I'm having this same issue too. It's a small annoyance because the thing doesn't match the colors of my warframes. I hope they fix this issue soon. 

I found a workaround. Complete the Vor's Prize missions SOLO, with matchmaking off. That fixed the issue for me.

2 minutes ago, -CASTRADOMIS- said:

I had to do the rescue Darvo mission twice since it didn't register the first time. But after you progress far enough you remove it automatically since you already own it.

My theory is something is bugged with hosting and mission complete registering. I tried 3 times on rescuing darvo in public before it registered, then got hung up on the next mission. Once I decided to play solo, they all registered no problem.

Edited by (NSW)Tosicamir

I have everything straightened out now.  I had the problem where I needed to repeat missions.  Playing solo fixed that problem.  I did the entire questline solo and now the ankle bracelet is gone and the quest is complete again.

I hope folks with more serious problems get them worked out.  Good luck everyone.

If anyone who has not migrated sees this, complete the entire Vor's Prize quest before you migrate!

11 hours ago, (NSW)Nukkus said:

I'm having the same problem, completed the first Vor mission, and now that i'm back on my ship the arsenal is locked. comms are locked, nothing works.

Yep I'm in the exact same boat I was hoping to join a squad and get someone to run thru the first mission to see if that corrects it, but it's difficult to communicate to someone in game what to do.

Well, the Ascaris negatory is automatically used after forging it, when playing the starting quest (Vor’s Prize).

i did migrate after finishing Vor’s Prize and had no issues, except that in the favorite equipment page of my profile I still have the equipment used before migrating, with the Excalibur at rank 7, the mk1-Paris and the skana, but after the migration I have my PC Excalibur Warframe which is rank 0, as well as the Skana and I don’t have the Paris.

I’ve been using my Volt warframe with the mk1-braton ever since but still the game shows as preferred weapons and warframes I don’t actually have.