Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just linked my PC account to switch, prime is gone?

Ridentlor

Was the same for people who transferred from PC to X1 or PS4.

It is a pretty disgusting practice that DE continues as anyone who paid for it on PC should keep it whenever they transfer to a new platform.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, Sean said:

It is a pretty disgusting practice that DE continues as anyone who paid for it on PC should keep it whenever they transfer to a new platform.

How precisely is it disgusting? Founders don't lose anything. Founders bought it /for/ PC. It's perfectly reasonable to not transfer those PC-exclusive items to console, in much the same way as consoles have exclusive color pallets and skins which PC will never obtain. Disgusting would be making someone pay a second time for it on the cloned console account, not disabling its transfer. 

It would be unfair to console players who wouldn't have had the opportunity to purchase a founder's pack, and likewise offering console founder packages would be unfair to actual founders. 

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yes! That way DE is opening the gates for nintennos to come to forums complaining about some few players having access to gear available 5 years ago and that nobody else can ever buy since the items are never returning. You can be sure DE loves the drama surrounding founder gear after all and they say "no" just because of reasons that noone has ever explained. /s

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

I agree. I really don't see the point in including the founder stuff for founders only when they go to other platforms. It's not like because pc has excal prime players can get it. It could just walk around in consoles but not be accessible to the rest of the playerbase.

3 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

How precisely is it disgusting? Founders don't lose anything. Founders bought it /for/ PC. It's perfectly reasonable to not transfer those PC-exclusive items to console, in much the same way as consoles have exclusive color pallets and skins which PC will never obtain. Disgusting would be making someone pay a second time for it on the cloned console account, not disabling its transfer. 

It would be unfair to console players who wouldn't have had the opportunity to purchase a founder's pack, and likewise offering console founder packages would be unfair to actual founders. 

Someone who is a founder backed the game early on when the game didn't even look like it was going to go anywhere.

DE refusing to allow people to transfer items they paid for when the game was in that state is the equivalent of "We got your money, sucks to be you". Regardless of platform, Founder's gear should be kept for those that paid for it.

Edited by Sean

Just now, Sean said:

Someone who is a founder backed the game early on when the game didn't even look like it was going to go anywhere.

Precisely. There was no expectation of account transfers, nor any indication it would happen. People bought those items /for/ PC specifically. The rationale behind their decision is sound and fair (I'd wager there are details on the consolemaker's side of things affecting this as well), and while you're entitled to your opinion, it's rather misleading to label it "disgusting" even if you somehow feel that strongly about it despite not being a founder yourself. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

Precisely. There was no expectation of account transfers, nor any indication it would happen. People bought those items /for/ PC specifically. The rationale behind their decision is sound and fair (I'd wager there are details on the consolemaker's side of things affecting this as well), and while you're entitled to your opinion, it's rather misleading to label it "disgusting" even if you somehow feel that strongly about it despite not being a founder yourself. 

Why should I have to be a founder to see it for what it is? I never paid for it, I don't have any of the equipment, and Founder's Gear should stay locked away for those that did, I just know that I'd be annoyed at DE for setting things up in this manner if I was one. This is just calling out what DE's actions are for what they are. The blatant ignoring of any of the people who backed them initially only because a new platform opened up is disgusting.

Edited by Sean

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Why should I have to be a founder to see it for what it is? I never paid for it, I don't have any of the equipment, and Founder's Gear should stay locked away for those that did, I just know that I'd be annoyed at DE for setting things up in this manner. This is just calling out what DE's actions are for what they are. The blatant ignoring of any of the people who backed them initially only because a new platform opened up is disgusting.

I never said you needed to be a founder to "see it for what it is", but you do have unreasonably strong feelings about it considering that it affects you in no way.

You're also making a couple assumptions that break down fairly easily. 
1) That DE has full control over account migration. It's extremely unlikely that they were given carte blanche, if that were the case we'd very likely see more than just a 1-Way transfer option. It is far more likely that the first consolemaker to get the game effectively set the stage for the rest (likely something to the effect of "Give our players the option to purchase Founder packages, or have no Founder gear", to which DE would have replied in favor of the latter, consistent with their promise that those items were forever Founder-only).
2) That they ignored people. They said no, and based on previous discussed rationale by the devteam, and the likelihood of the above, that was fully expected as well as completely fair. 

Calling it disgusting is inflammatory and contributes nothing, you can express your dislike as much as you want, but stating your opinion in a way that implies predatory, aggressive behavior, or carelessness on the part of DE is, again, misleading. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfglaive said:

I never said you needed to be a founder to "see it for what it is", but you do have unreasonably strong feelings about it considering that it affects you in no way.

You're also making a couple assumptions that break down fairly easily. 
1) That DE has full control over account migration. It's extremely unlikely that they were given carte blanche, if that were the case we'd very likely see more than just a 1-Way transfer option. It is far more likely that the first consolemaker to get the game effectively set the stage for the rest (likely something to the effect of "Give our players the option to purchase Founder packages, or have no Founder gear", to which DE would have replied in favor of the latter, consistent with their promise that those items were forever Founder-only).
2) That they ignored people. They said no, and based on previous discussed rationale by the devteam, and the likelihood of the above, that was fully expected as well as completely fair.

They did ignore and where have they ever stated it?

Calling it disgusting is inflammatory and contributes nothing, you can express your dislike as much as you want, but stating your opinion in a way that implies predatory, aggressive behavior, or carelessness on the part of DE is, again, misleading. 

"Inflammatory"? So criticizing actions is now inflammatory... interesting.

It is predatory and carelessness by DE.

They could have opted to do one of two things:

1. Address it in the Nintendo Switch topic, along with a rationale.

2. Fix it and allow people who backed them initially to get what they paid for.

Instead they opted for #3, pretend it didn't happen and ignore it.

Edited by Sean

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

-snip-

To answer your question, calling something "disgusting" isn't criticism, and yes, it IS inflammatory.

As for your dogged insistence that your opinion is somehow factually correct, and it /was/ somehow carelessness or predatory, we're going to keep in circles for the remainder of our time here, so after this I'll be seeing to more important things.

They've rarely been careless, rash or hasty, and have arguably never been predatory in transactions (for example, the kubrow re-roll was removed within the first 24 hours of its existence, specifically because it was too similar to gambling). It's common knowledge that the Founder items don't transfer, there was arguably no need to state something that people are aware of, and secondly they are under no obligation to state their reasoning for doing anything (despite their general willingness to do so). It is also possible that they are under contractual obligations to not expressly say why the items don't transfer. Again, your opinion is fine, but expressing it with such baseless vitriol and acting as though it were fact is, in fact, misleading. 

Edited by Wolfglaive

12 minutes ago, zNightWolfz said:

your a founder on pc not on Nintendo so no founder items should not be transfer as they are pc exclusive  ...

Then why do I have a founders chat? I don't see the problem in wanting to use items I have paid for? It's not like I have an unfair advantage by any means.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

DE refusing to allow people to transfer items they paid for when the game was in that state is the equivalent of "We got your money, sucks to be you". Regardless of platform, Founder's gear should be kept for those that paid for it.

I think that showing a courtesy to founders who transfer to other platforms would be a good move, but you are blowing it out of proportion. Unless the original pack details included the sentence "The items you receive for your purchase will be available on Xbox, Playstation and Nintendo," they haven't wronged the founders in any way. There was no wording to grant an unending cascade of benefits to anyone who purchased the Founders pack, what they received for their contribution was outlined in the pack. Given DE's learned aversion to making exclusive equipment (with in-game value beyond cosmetic) that nobody can ever acquire again I don't blame them for avoiding perpetuating that mistake on other platforms. 

Edited by Beartornado