Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

PC to Switch Migration: Further Restricted Items

Greetings Tenno,

Please note, that because of issues regarding exploitative economy trading between migrated accounts, we have had to make some changes to migration allowances. Sorry for the surprise!

The additional list of currently restricted items now includes:

• Rivens (All types: Melee, Rifle, Shotgun, and Pistol)
  • Arcanes (only ones dropped by Eidolons)
  • Acolyte Mods
  • Legendary Core
  • Primed Chamber

As part of this process, account items which are on this list that have already been migrated will be removed, retroactively. We are very conscientious of the new player experience for our brand-new community, and as such, we wish to keep everyone on a fair and even setting, while still allowing our migrating community to enjoy the time they have put into Warframe.

We appreciate your patience during this period, and we will be posting updates as developments occur.

Rest In Peace to all Riven builds for veteran players on switch....why couldn’t there have been a temporary trade restriction for rivens then it be lifted after everyone settled in? 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)ApolloPrime said:

Rest In Peace to all Riven builds for veteran players on switch

I said goodbye to almost 50 Rivens myself on my Migrated account. 

Thank you for this information. I am sure this will clear up some questions I saw in the Switch-Chat ^^
It is sad to see those things getting removed, specially after I (and many other long-term pc players) put all the time&effort in there to get the "personally perfect"-riven or build with Arcanes. (83 rivens *poof* ;A;)

After a day and discussing this topic with a few of other players there seem to be some ideas/confusion on how DE could've make this adjustment to the economy a little bit "better" for the long-term players / PC veterans:
(note: I am not sure if this is/was an option to do but nevertheless I want to mention it)
- make the rivens/items available in a later moment of time (so after a few weeks/months when the economy is sorta in place they get back into the game)
- make the PC-migration rivens/items untradable (that way the veterans keep their stuff and are not able to change the ingame economy for new players)
- implement some sort of compensation for each item; Riven: kuva, Arcanes: endo/credits, Legendary Cores: Endo (no 1on1 refund but at least something)

You have all the rights to do this to the Accounts we are using, and I bet everything that this wasn't an easy decision someone made on their own. And I think a migration-process is something very very difficult to begin with too

Idk..just..something to say "hey, we acknowledge the work &effort you put in the pc-version of Warframe in the last months/years, and want to show our appreciation" instead of "This is the best for the Economy and new players, sorry for the suprise!" (and I agree that it is the best thing to remove those things from the economy is the best solution, I just think or hoped there would be a different way instead of completely deleting them from the Accounts)
There just seems to be some different options to solve this important problem out there~

I still love this game, no matter which platform I am playing on.And I am more than  happy to get most of my progress I achieved on PC transferred to Switch 😄
It seems like an interesting and fun platform for Warframe (specially the "Motion Controls" work suprisingly well imo) 

As thankful as I am for the chance to migrate all but most of my progress from PC to Switch, I felt that personally the Riven and the Arcane could've been locked for certain period of time from trade instead of completely removing them it just feel very hard on me and some others may feel the same way as well, since well the grind and plat spent getting them in the other platform and doing it all over again feels like taking a hard deep breath and sighing endlessly. Either way I'm still thankful for the opportunity to even get an account migration. So Thank You DE! and for the Heads up!

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I said goodbye to almost 50 Rivens myself on my Migrated account. 

can we atleast get a refund on our endo and credits that were used on them

Very poor, short sighted decision. Did you not anticipate that there would be trading madness in the first day? 

Locking riven trades instead of removing them would have actually made sense.

Now I'm sitting on two dozen 5+ forma'd weapons designed around extremely specific stats and polarities, meaning I would need to somehow get the exact same ones again.

This is extremely disappointing.

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Frostyfire said:

Plague Star Arcanes were erroneously taken away. They do not drop from Eidolons, and uncrafted arcane blueprints still persist in the foundry.

I'll make inquiries into this. Thank you.

Well, guess I might as well uninstall, because there is no way I am going to re-farm or re-purchase all of those legendary arcanes, build-reliant rivens, and Acolyte mods.

I now have no usable melee weapons (blood rush is that important), no usable Warframe builds (as all of them relied on arcane energize, grace, aegis, or pulse), and all of my favorite weapons (tiberon p, khom, miter, vectis p, rubico p, etc) no longer have the rivens I was using to make them fun.

So yeah, I think I'll just stick to my PC account and save myself 13GB of storage on my Switch.

I am by no means pleased by this.

However this kind of incentives PC as a core version for 'PC vets', which isn't a bad thing. Everyone who is staring at 0, where this will be their core experiance, means a fresh market for them... I guess? 

For me as a PC player I see this as a bite sized thing you can do when you don't feel like getting out of bed yet, or are in the hotel room.

The perk being that over the new ppl Switch will bring in, we don't have to work for our basic stuff and already have most of our stuff set. I personally don't like re-leveling and getting basic mods from scratch... and re-completing the map x-x.

I may just be weird but I'm less happy about arcanes than rivens.

This isn't awful, I'm prob not gonna delete it unless I REALLLLY need space, but once I got a bigger card I would definitely restore it.

Legitimate question: Could it have done differently presuming it was reasonable and didn't require breaking or re-writing systems? Or was this the ONLY way to prevent abuse?

I understand how many people may be pissed by this decision, but I think that migration was never meant to make us keep playing from where we left on PC. It’s a way to keep most of our stuff without REALLY starting from scratch, but at the same time it must not break the whole game balance & economy for new players. 

Not being a cross-platforms game, we need to think to each platform as a separate game. It IS meant to be played from scratch on each platform. Migration is just an incentive to play this game on another platform, but still keeping in mind mind that new platform means new game. 

I know veterans who have put a lot of time and effort in acquiring arcades, weapons, warframes anc stuff will hardly give up their belongings just to play on a new platform and this is why many were asking for a fully cross-saves experience, but it never happened even when the PS4 and then the Xbox versions came out. The idea has always been to start from scratch, to create a new in-game economy, independent from the other platforms. Migration windows were offered aswell when the other console versions were released, to give people the chance to start a NEW “CHARACTER” on the new console, keeping most of their stuff as a boost to this new start, but alas a new beginning it was.

Maybe locking relics and arcanes from trade would have been a better solution, I don’t know; maybe by the time the lock would be lifted in order to preserve economy balance, people would have farmed those relics anew.

Some people like starting fresh after so many hours spent on “endgame content”.

I’ve only spent a few dozen hours on the PC and some more on the Xbox, nothing really serious, my playstyle is very casual and I don’t have the time to commit for long to the same game/activity so I would not be missing that much if I had to start from scratch. Migration at least let me take my couple of warframes and my Wyrm with me on the Switch. In the end I’m playing the missions on Earth and Venus yet another time (it’s the fourth now), but then again, don’t we all play Warframe because it’s a damn fun game? I know that playing with the boldest, baddest build we’ve spent time getting feels better, but why isn’t playing with a somewhat “lesser” version of our stuff? It’s always Warframe at its core, isn’t it?

Should also be worth noting if no one else has pointed it out yet that some Fortuna set mods carried over and appear in our inventory albeit very /Lotus/TelPulse/modstuff so that’s a thing as well. 

Edit: also are we sure acolyte mods didn’t transfer? When I was checking loadouts last night I did notice I had some of them like for fire rate after reloading for pistols, and blood rush for my melee but I never checked to see if maiming strike or argon scope transferred. 

This definitely sucks. Limiting the trade of those items or even disabling trade for them altogether would have been a better option. 

Ugh. As someone, who has spent stupid amounts of time, kuva and platinum on rivens, this really isn't great to hear. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Think I'll stick to the PC version for now.

I don't see why people are complaining about this. It makes sense. Rivens and Arcanes go for stupid amounts, and by stupid amounts I mean the plat prices are actually stupid. Removing them from the migration ensures that veterans and other people that have these items can't scam/screw new players, REAL new players out of their money and plat. Persoanlly, I'm MR21 and I've not once bought a riven OR an Arcane off anyone because the prices are just ridiculous. I agree with D.E. in the decision to remove these items from the migration. It makes sense.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (NSW)-Kenneth-:

I don't see why people are complaining about this. It makes sense. Rivens and Arcanes go for stupid amounts, and by stupid amounts I mean the plat prices are actually stupid. Removing them from the migration ensures that veterans and other people that have these items can't scam/screw new players, REAL new players out of their money and plat. Persoanlly, I'm MR21 and I've not once bought a riven OR an Arcane off anyone because the prices are just ridiculous. I agree with D.E. in the decision to remove these items from the migration. It makes sense.

Because not all of us are here with the intention to screw newbies over, but we just want to be able to play our preferred builds and setups, which is the whole point of account migration to begin with? Restrict trade, make them account bound for all I care, but at least let me use them! Certainly that's not gonna hurt anybody.

I honestly think this was a really low ball move. Why take away items that we worked so hard to obtain? I understand not having primed chamber and legendary cores, but why take away our arcanes, acolyte mods, and rivens?? I like the idea that people on here we're saying that you should have restricted or banned the trade of these items within the first month or two or whatever. Now I don't see the point in playing on here anymore when most of my end game items arent even on my account anymore. I really hope you guys reverse this and find another alternative.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (NSW)lioganda:

I honestly think this was a really low ball move. Why take away items that we worked so hard to obtain? I understand not having primed chamber and legendary cores, but why take away our arcanes, acolyte mods, and rivens?? I like the idea that people on here we're saying that you should have restricted or banned the trade of these items within the first month or two or whatever. Now I don't see the point in playing on here anymore when most of my end game items arent even on my account anymore. I really hope you guys reverse this and find another alternative.

For what it's worth, DE might have just phrased this poorly and not given us enough information. For all we know, our rivens might still be there, but "deactivated". Look at your guns in the game. Riven disposition is suddenly gone. The riven section is gone from the mod menu. All things riven just seem turned off for now. I'm pretty sure they never actually took them out of our accounts, the whole feature has just been turned off as a whole, presumably until they can figure out what to do. Or until the newbies catch up. I hope a DE person will correct me or confirm this if anyone ever looks at this.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Wolf said:

For what it's worth, DE might have just phrased this poorly and not given us enough information. For all we know, our rivens might still be there, but "deactivated". Look at your guns in the game. Riven disposition is suddenly gone. The riven section is gone from the mod menu. All things riven just seem turned off for now. I'm pretty sure they never actually took them out of our accounts, the whole feature has just been turned off as a whole, presumably until they can figure out what to do. Or until the newbies catch up. I hope a DE person will correct me or confirm this if anyone ever looks at this.

I can provide some clarity here.

As it stands, those items have been removed, not just deactivated. 

To give you a bit more of a background here without going too deep into specifics, this was a hard decision to make and it was not one made lightly. While it may seem like a simple matter to return or convert items, there is a lot of work in the back end that needs to go into such actions, especially when you consider cross-platforms over migrated accounts. We saw evidence of users planning to use these exploits to take advantage of new Switch players with impossible trades, as well as generating an infinite amount of copies, using items that were not obtained through playing the game as most of you have done.

The chance to migrate the account was one we decided on, because we didn't want our PC players to start from scratch, but that is tempered with the decision to already restrict some items that were covered before (such as founders items, etc). Rivens are especially hard to single out with bulk actions, due to the shifting and random nature of their unique statistics. This means that there are some very high-value, hard-to-trace items being duplicated, and as a result, the impact to the economy could not be mitigated without taking sweeping actions on Rivens as a whole.

In short, the damage had already been done, and to repair it (as well as prevent further abuse) the decision to nix Rivens on migration was made, albeit painfully.

We do not want you to lose your progress as much as possible, and it goes without saying you will still retain all of your Rivens and items on your PC account. This transfer to the Switch still grants you much of your equipment, your progress, and your standings. It was designed as a jumping point for a new experience, but we could not in good conscience allow those migrations to affect the countless newcomers to the Switch community by tilting the economy in the favor of those who have migrated - and certainly not towards those who have exploited the system to solidify that favor.

I hope you can empathize with our decision to proceed this way.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb [DE]Bear:

I can provide some clarity here.

As it stands, those items have been removed, not just deactivated. 

To give you a bit more of a background here without going too deep into specifics, this was a hard decision to make and it was not one made lightly. While it may seem like a simple matter to return or convert items, there is a lot of work in the back end that needs to go into such actions, especially when you consider cross-platforms over migrated accounts. We saw evidence of users planning to use these exploits to take advantage of new Switch players with impossible trades, as well as generating an infinite amount of copies, using items that were not obtained through playing the game as most of you have done.

The chance to migrate the account was one we decided on, because we didn't want our PC players to start from scratch, but that is tempered with the decision to already restrict some items that were covered before (such as founders items, etc). Rivens are especially hard to single out with bulk actions, due to the shifting and random nature of their unique statistics. This means that there are some very high-value, hard-to-trace items being duplicated, and as a result, the impact to the economy could not be mitigated without taking sweeping actions on Rivens as a whole.

In short, the damage had already been done, and to repair it (as well as prevent further abuse) the decision to nix Rivens on migration was made, albeit painfully.

We do not want you to lose your progress as much as possible, and it goes without saying you will still retain all of your Rivens and items on your PC account. This transfer to the Switch still grants you much of your equipment, your progress, and your standings. It was designed as a jumping point for a new experience, but we could not in good conscience allow those migrations to affect the countless newcomers to the Switch community by tilting the economy in the favor of those who have migrated - and certainly not towards those who have exploited the system to solidify that favor.

I hope you can empathize with our decision to proceed this way.

To be perfectly honest, this reduces my desire to play the Switch version to zero, as I spent ages acquiring rivens for all my favourite weapons and now they're gone from the Switch version. That said, I'm aware that I'm in the minority here and you did what you had to do. I wish there could have been another way, and I still hope that one day in the future there might be some sort of account synching feature like on some other Switch games, which are available on multiple platforms. Thanks for taking the time to explain all this!

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Wolf said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain all this!

You are very welcome. We want to be open and honest to all of you, even in hard decisions like this.

2 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

You are very welcome. We want to be open and honest to all of you, even in hard decisions like this.

i was told last night that some guy still has his rivens when he migrated