Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Rebecca

PC to Switch Migration: Further Restricted Items

For clarity here, are rivens never going to be on the Switch? Or will they return some time in the future? Right now I don't see anything about them at all in my menu, not just my rivens gone -- nothing about rivens. 

My other quick question: Why was the decision made to simply not allow them to carryover at all, instead of somehow marking them as trade restricted? As long as we cannot trade them, we cannot affect the economy, and our accounts on pc and switch do not work together at all once we migrate. Would it simply be too much server/database drag or other issues to try to have a bunch of rivens that are permanently marked as untradeable? 

I guess I'm just trying to understand why I cannot have my rivens at all, and why they could not have just been untradeable. I hope my tone doesn't sound upset, I just want some clarity. I read the above posts already, but I am still don't quite get this. Thanks! 

P.S. If they are not coming back to Switch at all, does that mean DE regrets their creation? I know I may not get an answer on that last one, but it makes me curious.

I would like to add that I used to play on PC a lot, my account was Tesseract7777 and I posted on the forums a lot. My gaming pc went down and I could only afford console gaming. I bought a switch just because I knew Warframe was coming. I was very excited to get to play it on Switch and it is awesome to be able to migrate my account. Overall I am not that upset about rivens, as I had only had a few I truly kept and cared about, and hadn't gotten into it as many. I just curious.  

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Tesseract said:

For clarity here, are rivens never going to be on the Switch? Or will they return some time in the future? Right now I don't see anything about them at all in my menu, not just my rivens gone -- nothing about rivens. 

My other quick question: Why was the decision made to simply not allow them to carryover at all, instead of somehow marking them as trade restricted? As long as we cannot trade them, we cannot affect the economy, and our accounts on pc and switch do not work together at all once we migrate. Would it simply be too much server/database drag or other issues to try to have a bunch of rivens that are permanently marked as untradeable? 

I guess I'm just trying to understand why I cannot have my rivens at all, and why they could not have just been untradeable. I hope my tone doesn't sound upset, I just want some clarity. I read the above posts already, but I am still don't quite get this. Thanks! 

P.S. If they are not coming back to Switch at all, does that mean DE regrets their creation? I know I may not get an answer on that last one, but it makes me curious. 

Rivens will be available to be earned, for sure. The reason you are not seeing them is because you do not have one in your inventory yet. I believe the GUI adapts to whatever is in your inventory for them. As for the restrict / remove decision, I am not as versed in the technical aspects as I would like to be, but Rivens are unique (and a bit of a programming nightmare) based on their randomized stats, or at least that is my understanding of the issue. Two Rivens are rarely the same, in reality. Given the urgency of the issue and the amount of items in question, the decision to remove them was the preferable and most restorative one.

11 minutes ago, (NSW)bluedrag said:

i was told last night that some guy still has his rivens when he migrated

I did initially, too. They were removed retroactively for people who had already migrated - certainly in regards to those folks who had been duplicating them.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

Rivens will be available to be earned, for sure. The reason you are not seeing them is because you do not have one in your inventory yet. I believe the GUI adapts to whatever is in your inventory for them. As for the restrict / remove decision, I am not as versed in the technical aspects as I would like to be, but Rivens are unique (and a bit of a programming nightmare) based on their randomized stats, or at least that is my understanding of the issue. Two Rivens are rarely the same, in reality. Given the urgency of the issue and the amount of items in question, the decision to remove them was the preferable and most restorative one.

I did initially, too. They were removed retroactively for people who had already migrated - specifically those folks who had been duplicating them.

would there be a chance that we would get our endo and credits refunded or not

5 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

I did initially, too. They were removed retroactively for people who had already migrated - specifically those folks who had been duplicating them.

Okay, that makes sense then, that the reason I am not seeing them is that I am starting fresh on rivens. That would make sense, since you always get a "starter riven" when you are first introduced to them from the quest, so we never really see what the GUI would look like with no rivens on PC. 

That was what I feared, but it makes sense. While I don't know everything going on behind the scenes, from what you said and what I know about rivens, I wonder if trying to just make the transferred ones untradeable would have required someone to manually approve and/or modify the code on each one? Perhaps it is something like that, or at least close to that level of labor. 

Regardless, thanks for the answers. Disappointing, but it does make sense. I know DE always tried to make compromises as much as they can, so if this was not a seriously considered option, I am sure it was technically unfeasible. 

7 minutes ago, (NSW)bluedrag said:

would there be a chance that we would get our endo and credits refunded or not

No action is being made to refund either Endo, Kuva or Credits in regards to Rivens, I'm sorry.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Tesseract said:

In that case, it would simply be an impossibility. No one has that many man hours. 

Bingo. There is also a time issue here to consider. The longer we spent on trying to fix it on such a granular level, the longer exploiters had to break the economy or potentially abuse newcomers. Between time and urgency, the removal was the best solution.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Bear said:

No action is being made to refund either Endo, Kuva or Credits in regards to Rivens, I'm sorry.

ah its fine i can just farm for credits in index and farm for endo in area

Just now, (NSW)bluedrag said:

ah its fine i can just farm for credits in index and farm for endo in area

Thanks for understanding, my dude.

13 minutes ago, (NSW)NasodWarrior said:

Ok so just have to delete my account because riven can be drop by sortie but if we have to hack controler for have a chance to win it us useless 😧

If you are finding issues with the controllers / difficulty of Sorties with the Switch, then I highly suggest posting your feedback in the switch forum. The team is looking at player experiences on the Switch very carefully, and if you are seeing something that seems bugged, you should report it for sure.

Here is the Switch Forum for Mission bugs: https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1216-mission/

This sucks, I have spent the better half of this year farming Arcanes and Rivens for this Migration so I would be better prepared and you just take them away without any form of compensation? Could have been handled a lot better. I feel cheated honestly. 

23 hours ago, [DE]Bear said:

Thanks for understanding, my dude.

also i just found out this one guy still has his tennogen stuff is that suppose to happen or would they most likly get those remove soon on the switch

The arcanes are particularly irksome since vomvalyst spawns are broken and Eidlons are un-huntable. I had planned to be an experienced PC player helping out newbs but with the Steam sales I think I'm going to come back to this after it is polished up a bit.

On 2018-11-20 at 8:01 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Acolyte Mods

say it ain't so! (or at least say they won't ever show up since the only way I can get them is paying plat(I know it's possible to get them from the acolytes, hypothetically speaking, but they never stick around in the same place long enough to be healthy trying to get stuff off them) and I've paid my dues thank you very much)

edit: thank you for not removing blood rush(yet), I'm sad to see the others go, but blood rush is the only one I bought while on PC and I'd rather have the 10 GB Warframe takes up free than have to buy it again or worse farm it.

i dont think the best solution to this problem was removal of rivens. trade limits or plat value limit or duplicate weapon types shouldve been the options.

i had a handfull of weak/mid tier weapons that were formad around rivens i had for them. Now without the rivens and no real pipeline to get them again around those builds ive sold those weapons on for credits. As what is the point of holding onto weak weapons for those switch veterans now?

As someone who has long been posting on these forums of the dangers of forfes at play in mmo market manipulation i felt these problems were avoidable.

The question is only one, some of the many players simply will not be satisfied in one way or another with DE. I have not yet fully understood the decisions that have been listed, because somehow some try to explain and others contradict. But come on, let's see if that's what I understood.

- The rivens were taken during the migration, but with time new ones can be acquired during the course of the game?
- "Are the arcane being dropped by the Eidolons?" Or is it simply an item that was taken off the shelf?
- Past events such as Clan's for example. (The one who got the ignis wraith) still came back to the Switch platform?

I clearly understand any attitude made by DE, I believe that we who migrate from the platform still have great "advantage" over those who will be coming in today. And my main goal through all of this was simply to have the help of the initiates and continue playing the Warframe even though I'm not at home. The market will simply keep spinning and you'll be able to get the items to sell during the missions you make, you'll be stronger for such game modes and you'll be able to contribute needed information to new players. That's what I think. Veteran players can simply help the community by migrating to the Switch 

Before my PC died a couple years ago, I had made it up to MR 21 with full sets of Arcane Grace and Barrier and two of Guardian between Trade and many, many Trials of Vay Hek.

While I didn’t enjoy the Jordas Verdict—and I don’t think I ever beat it, I did like Vay Hek’s Double Dare when it was going well... :tongue:

Anyway, I know a lot has changed in the intervening years, but Switch is my Platform for WarFrame now, so the removal of Arcanes still stings a bit. 

And, given how hard an Eidolon fight is—let alone trying to actually level Amps, I’m not particularly envious of trying to reacquire them. Though, I will obviously have to hunt Eidolons to progress in using Focus, but I’m in no rush. 

So, I don’t expect Arcanes to be returned, but it would at least be simpler than the random riven mods. 

Moreover, I’m just glad to be back. 

On 2018-11-21 at 5:14 PM, (NSW)Wolf said:

To be perfectly honest, this reduces my desire to play the Switch version to zero, as I spent ages acquiring rivens for all my favourite weapons and now they're gone from the Switch version. That said, I'm aware that I'm in the minority here and you did what you had to do. I wish there could have been another way, and I still hope that one day in the future there might be some sort of account synching feature like on some other Switch games, which are available on multiple platforms. Thanks for taking the time to explain all this!

If you already own or plan on owning a Switch it encourage you to reconsider.. If I understand correctly.. 

You will keep your riven slots... 

You will likely want to recollect your absolute favorite weapons, but this does give you opportunity to collect rivens for weapons you wanted outside of riven capacity. 

This should have included Prime parts.

Want your Nekros, Ember, Frost prime on switch? build it and transfer... if you are transfering only to overcharge it, switch community doesnt need you here. My 2 cents, im tired of people complaining about their right to ask 800 platinum for Saryn prime. or Nekros.

The way i see it, switch should have been a clean economy, DE could had prepared events for switch in which they would unvault stuff that has never been available on switch, and make it independent from other platforms untill it gets up to date with them. 

Now they just put every single new switch player in the hands of scalpers... 

And now they are gonna even charge MORE after jan 15 when, they say transfered stuff is gonna be "even harder to get"... its all bullS#&$, people are not bringing small numbers... because they are duping their accounts.