Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are we worried about the switch economy?

ADDgamer45

It is not going to be very long before the market levels out even with rivens and arcanes. There was no reason to remove any of these things from the migration. The most you did was irritate a bunch of long time players who sunk a bunch of time and effort into your game. Catering to new players to the console. This massively hurt my willingness to play this version that I was really looking forward to. Most of the veterans use warframe.market for pricing anyway.

Edit: Additionally taking these things only delays the tridolon hunters a little bit.

Edited by ADDgamer45
Addition

5 minutes ago, Dopekoke said:

I assume it's because only the PC players that migrated to switch will have control of the market since they are the only ones that have rivens, arcanes etc, plus the massive advantage they will have against the new switch players. 

Also this

They will have control of the market anyway. You can solo Tridolons without rivens. That is like putting up a paper wall in front of a treasure trove.

2 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Because it makes the game a little more FAIR to people just joining us. If you want your rivens, go farm them again or just play on PC. Those of us who don't mind the sacrifice will continue to play on the Switch.

The point is they aren't saving the market they are only delaying the powerhouse farmers from flooding the market by about a week,

Edited by ADDgamer45

This happens in every other MMOs next to Warframe. It's to prevent migrating in-game conglomerate players from monopolizing the entirety of Warframe Switch market, which is very unhealthy as far as MMOs are concerned. I have seen it in older MMOs where premium currency are literally worthless thanks to a monopolizer, and pretty much became inaccessible to free nonpaying players.

Edited by NaoEthelia

Here's an example.  Say you and a group of people are pro car racers, you then go to a country that does not have pro car racing but there will be a tournament.  You and the group of people go there to enter the tournament with your cars that won races while they have nothing.  What this migration change does, is that it brings your experience with you and not your items that will give you an advantage right off the bat.

Edited by Dopekoke

3 minutes ago, ADDgamer45 said:

The point is they aren't saving the market they are only delaying the powerhouse farmers from flooding the market by about a week,

Thats the thing, they still have to work for it instead of having it right away.  At least this way, there won't be such a big divide of players with a huge power gap.

3 minutes ago, Leland_Gaunt said:

Why would anyone want to switch from PC anyway? Makes no sense to me.

I did it for the mobility factor and to have my own clan to play with friends and family who may not be interested in playing it on PC, but they have a Switch and I can play it with them there. I plan to keep my PC account active as my main account.

Just now, Dopekoke said:

Here's an example.  Say you and a group of people are pro car racers, you then go to a country that does not have pro car racing but there will be a tournament.  You and the group of people go there to enter the tournament with your cars that won races while they have nothing.  What this migration change does is that it brings your experience with you and not your items that will give you an advantage right off the bat.

You still have all your fully built frames and most of your mods and weapon. You still have the race car you just don't have the exhaust that makes it preform slightly better and sound cool.

Just now, ADDgamer45 said:

You still have all your fully built frames and most of your mods and weapon. You still have the race car you just don't have the exhaust that makes it preform slightly better and sound cool.

did you just compare rivens, arcanes, etc, (game changers) to exhaust instead of an engine?

I have spent an immense amount of time trading in Warframe, and removing the migration of Arcanes I farmed from Trials for over a year and the Riven Mods I earned through trading up to now does not make me interested at all in migrating my PC account to try the Switch.

I don't own a Switch and I was considering buying one for Warframe. Not anymore. 

The economy of the PC Riven Market has many big traders sitting at low MR. Sharks and whales will not see a noticeable impact in their practice if their Rivens are removed. This change mostly affects the people who spent immense amounts of time collecting Rivens, not those who are profiteering. 

Likewise, going back to Eidolons on a Nintendo Switch to earn 2 sets of every Arcane will be quite a chore for a player who's already invested thousands of hours into PC like myself. These changes do not surprise me, nor do they interest me.

Edited by Voltage