Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna - Old Mate rank changes

AJman14

Warning: this includes crazy spoilers!! DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS if you don't know what I mean by the title!

Spoiler

I find it really disturbing having the chests of all Fortuna citizens open up once you reach the rank of Old Mate. I also really liked the robot voices, and that goes away at the same time.

The vendors say they like talking eye-to-eye, as they now trust the player, so I was thinking we could build onto that. It would be nice if they only opened the chest if the player interacts with them in Operator mode, as that would be true eye-to-eye.

This would allow the player to "toggle" if they speak to them through the robot "head" as a Warframe, versus through the chest "eye-to-eye" as the Operator.

I know I'm not even close to being alone in this, as shown in this GIF:
If you can't read it, the original comment says, "I prefer not to see their faces since I really like the whole robotic thing"
The replies are all, "Same"

98dc41b5cbd044eb3e3afe775b50b630.gif

In case you like spoilers and read this post anyway, this is what I'm talking about:
Thanks to OriginalWickedFun's video

CFncmnw.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is still disturbing to me, and I refuse to go to rank 5 "Old Mate", simply because of this! I'm missing out on great items, because I don't want to be weirded out every time I go to purchase Debt-Bonds.

Please DE, consider having them open their chest only when the player is in operator mode. (Or add an option to disable the change, like Octavia music)

Edited by AJman14

On 2018-11-21 at 12:45 PM, peterc3 said:

Youtube comments (and videos, let's be real) are just about worthless for using as justification for anything to be changed in the game.

Thing is, that was just an example. People in the Warframe Region Chat expressed their dislike for it, and even veterans in the Warframe Discord server!

I've been here since 2013, and this is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in Warframe. I'd rather see more demented doppelgangers of myself and the lotus, than see a human head inside a robot chest!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, linkynpark said:

As much as I hate to say it (because Warframe, ya gotta love it), I was disappointed about that feature since I too liked the whole robotic theme. Nonetheless, I could get used to it. At least it's original eh ?

Let's be honest, most everything in Warframe is original. It doesn't make this aspect good, though.

On 2019-01-03 at 11:19 PM, (XB1)All Hail Liquor said:

Technically they are humans modified with robot parts so really they are cyborgs with (hopefully) they're own heads in the chest compartment

The distasteful aspect of this is the voice acting and chatacters are really nice, but the creative direction on this is simply demented. It’s nothing but cheap shock value, and a sad, forced ploy to espress their plight. 

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

Agreed. absolutely hate the heads.

Doesn't make much sense either... like ok, maybe they got their limbs cut by "Limb reposition" or something, but still... a latch with a head in their stomach?

No...just...no.

Wished that I could turn that option off.

I found it disturbing, but in the best sci-fi way possible. 

I don't think it should be pigeonholed as warframe = robot heads, operator = face belly.

The discomfort is on purpose, and as a personal choice I would like to have it as is. 

It serves the story, those people are incarcerated and lose body limbs to pay their debts.

But as a game perspective, if there is a large enough player base requesting for it, maybe a setting to toggle fortuna heads between belly face and robot face could be added, I would be cool with that. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

3 hours ago, BrazilianJoe said:

It serves the story, those people are incarcerated and lose body limbs to pay their debts.

can’t agree.. It’s a disheveled mess.

1) They get bot parts as augs for their work.

2) But they lose bot or body parts to cover debt.

3) mixing bot and organic like that seems more of a headache b/c why even bother? they are weaker, subject to the elements, need complicated nourishment (compare to simply having power source for bots).

4) *and* if they lose those parts they no longer a source of revenue for Nef. brainshelving is simply a cost. the taxman as a concept is ok, but it’s realization is really bad

It’s simply bad story showing no basic business sense.

Edited by (PS4)teacup775

On 2019-01-06 at 11:16 AM, (PS4)teacup775 said:

can’t agree.. It’s a disheveled mess.

1) They get bot parts as augs for their work.

2) But they lose bot or body parts to cover debt.

3) mixing bot and organic like that seems more of a headache b/c why even bother? they are weaker, subject to the elements, need complicated nourishment (compare to simply having power source for bots).

4) *and* if they lose those parts they no longer a source of revenue for Nef. brainshelving is simply a cost. the taxman as a concept is ok, but it’s realization is really bad

It’s simply bad story showing no basic business sense.

It sort of makes sense...

But having heads in the chest cavity? That only makes sense if you're high! ...maybe not even then; I wouldn't know.