Jump to content

Will We See Any Improvements To Garuda?


(XBOX)GearsMatrix301
 Share

Recommended Posts

I feel like everyone in the community has voiced their opinion on this and all have said the same thing. Yet there has been 0 updates to Garuda after some bug fixes the day after her release.

Her 1 and 4 need sped up animations.

Her 2 could use a range boost.

Her 3 needs to scale off of power strength and NOT efficiency.

These feel like very simple number adjustments that could be done in a day and it would make a world of difference for the Blood Queen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nope, never going to be any changes, ever. As you know, not once has a frame been changed once it was added to the game.

More seriously, why do you feel that the changes should be done due to "the community" having a consensus?

Do you really think every player has voiced their opinion? I've seen lots of takes wherein they want buffs to every single ability of hers, not just animation speeds. Are they not part of the community?

If every "simple" number change was so simple, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't received the update yet on PS4, but I've certainly seen the forum posts. DE does tend to respond to feedback from the forums with adjustments and reworks but I believe Fortuna itself is the biggest delay. Between trying to fix major bugs and roll out the next Fortuna update I believe they probably just have their hands full. 

The team that works on Warframe development is probably busy pushing out the next frame that is supposed to come this year so there's just a lot getting wrapped up all at the same time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Nope, never going to be any changes, ever. As you know, not once has a frame been changed once it was added to the game.

More seriously, why do you feel that the changes should be done due to "the community" having a consensus?

Do you really think every player has voiced their opinion? I've seen lots of takes wherein they want buffs to every single ability of hers, not just animation speeds. Are they not part of the community?

If every "simple" number change was so simple, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I’m asking this because tomorrow will be two weeks since ForTuna dropped on PC. By that time Revenant and Khora have had like a 3 sets of changes and fixes to them.

 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m asking this because tomorrow will be two weeks since ForTuna dropped on PC. By that time Revenant and Khora have had like a 3 sets of changes and fixes to them.

Did you miss the patch notes when the Revenant droped on xbox/ps4 where they said "here is update XXX with some fixes from YYY cherry picked" ?

Cause i know when Revenany finally came to xbox it had the thrall limit increased to 7 instead of the default 4 it had on pc release...

Its not as big of a deal for consoles because they need to send the update off for cert by MS and sony for deployment, so what ever fixes they do apply to garuda they are going to try and merge into the update for the consoles.

 

Consoles have the benefit of having the PC players beta test everything for them because it doesnt take as much time to get the update approved, with consoles it has to be mostly right every time its deployed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dabnician said:

Did you miss the patch notes when the Revenant droped on xbox/ps4 where they said "here is update XXX with some fixes from YYY cherry picked" ?

Cause i know when Revenany finally came to xbox it had the thrall limit increased to 7 instead of the default 4 it had on pc release...

Its not as big of a deal for consoles because they need to send the update off for cert by MS and sony for deployment, so what ever fixes they do apply to garuda they are going to try and merge into the update for the consoles.

 

Consoles have the benefit of having the PC players beta test everything for them because it doesnt take as much time to get the update approved, with consoles it has to be mostly right every time its deployed.

I speak in terms of PC updates, just because I’m on console doesn’t mean I don’t follow PC’s build notes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just want them to remove her stupid jump on 1 because I keep jumping out of bounds from the map in small spaces and falling indefinitely for a couple minutes. 

I felt like they only played her in Orb Vallis and didn't think about what she's like in claustrophobic spaces. 

Don't play Garuda on Kuva Fortress. Literally unplayable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd imagine they're REALLY busy with bugfixes and the switch launch and trying to keep promises of more big updates before Christmas. Hek that new Warframe being reviewed came as a huge surprise. They're also probably doing a lot of discussing of what to do as some want big changes to her some want tiny changes.

But I'm completely sure she's going to get some changes in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2018-11-21 at 10:05 AM, Xaxma said:

I just want them to remove her stupid jump on 1 because I keep jumping out of bounds from the map in small spaces and falling indefinitely for a couple minutes. 

Hopefully they can fix the jump rather than remove it.  Because that's one of the most fun things about her.  (When it doesn't bug out.)

I'd also like to see it be more forgiving when there are objects beside the target.

Edited by Tiltskillet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im currently wonder more who is still playing her? If I do a Fortuna bounty I get a ton of Mesas and today 1 Garuda level 24. Days since I had one in party.

Same for sorties or nitain/tellurium missions/capture/.... missions.

If hardly anyone plays her, and thats my impression, we should see changes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fiewel said:

Im currently wonder more who is still playing her? If I do a Fortuna bounty I get a ton of Mesas and today 1 Garuda level 24. Days since I had one in party.

Same for sorties or nitain/tellurium missions/capture/.... missions.

If hardly anyone plays her, and thats my impression, we should see changes.

It’s because she’s locked behind rank 4 of ForTuna standing. It’ll take some time for he majority of players to get to her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s because she’s locked behind rank 4 of ForTuna standing. It’ll take some time for he majority of players to get to her.

^^ this is why buying her is a much faster way of having her. Requiring Rank 4 Gems to just build a Warframe can take a lot of time and that much time can make her rarer than other Warframes even if the Frames you try to get have a rare drop chance with it's BPs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Garuda right now to me is in a really weird state. She isn't a straight offensive frame like Mesa, isn't a defensive frame like Frost (even though his 4 is powerful), not a supportive frame like Harrow/Trinity, nor a CC-focused frame like Nova.

Her #1 is a decent shield, but not that good in high level. Blood orb is okay if I can build up damage.

Her #2 is a good healing field, but need to be able to freely deactivate without re-aiming.

Her #3 is great since I can replace efficiency mods with other useful mods. Pair with #2 is free energy whenever I'm low.

Her #4 is not okay. I initially think she has another instant #4 if I don't hold, but I was wrong. To me her 4 is only usable with charging via holding for increasing talon cover size. The cover size without charging is as big as a grineer head and that is all. Even Hydroid have a better #4 interaction and a decent mid range size AoE without charging. I've tried a few times to get the most out of her #4 by charging to hit as many enemies as possible, but failed miserably. As I'm charging to a large/max cover size and trying to shoot towards a hoard of enemies, they are already unloading a million bullets in my face. This is extremely dangerous in high level missions, sorties, and arbitration with high possibility of death. Most of the time I pre-charge her 4 to find enemies to hit, but when I found enemies, my teammates killed them already with their 4.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...