Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Animal Instinct & Enemy Radar Need A Second Look.

NEUDRIVER101

I would like for mods like Animal Instinct and Enemy Radar to get a second looks so that they may be improved in there usefulness while in a active combat situation.
right now as the mods currently work. They only serve to display the enemy location over the mini-map and while this is a nice perk to have. I do believe these mods can do better.

Ideally I would like to suggest that different types of arrows can be shown to identify the type of enemy that is being displayed on Radar. For example White or Yellow arrows for common lightly armored enemies (i.e. Lancer/Crewmen) and Red arrows or Circled arrows for heavily armored and special unit type enemies (i.e. Heavy Gunners/Nullifies.) 

This will help promote more active and efficient combat coherency for the team by distinguishing the position of more troublesome enemies.  

I'd like to close with this. This is something that has been stewing in my head for awhile. This is thanks to enemies like Nullifiers, Scrambus, and Eximus units. But now with Arbitration drones, and Terra Embattor Moas, I believe the need for mods that enables you to quickly and efficiently distinguish problematic enemies is paramount to maintaining a strong position while on the field. 
and I believe Animal Instinct and Enemy Radar can be those mods.

Edited by NEUDRIVER101

No please.

I'm spending more time by looking at the overlay map than actually looking ahead while in combat, and I would agree with slightly bigger arrows displaying the special units (Juggernault, Bursa, Napalm etc) but not more. I still want to see the walls and corridors and exact state of enemy crowd (how many of em and direction of their sight), and psychodelic variety of colorful markings will only mess up the map.

Originally I wanted to propose this idea with the suggestion that the radar would only use our current red arrows for normal units and circled red arrows for special units. But my concern about this was that when enemies bunch up on radar, the circled arrows might become harder to see. So I opted to suggesting a 2 color system. However I'm not necessarily trying to advocate for a multi-colored radar system but a two tiered threat distinction system. I'm not opposed to the idea of using two different symbols on radar as oppose to two different colors in order to distinguish Eximus and other special unit from regular units on radar. The clarity of information on the radar is far more paramount to this suggestion.

With that in mind I'm open to suggestion on how we can better improve this proposal. because I believe a little more distinction on radar for special enemy units benefit everyone and would be a great QoL change over all.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

those fekin leeches

Energy Leech auras just need to be LOS-based (and maybe also not stack).

And I'll add in my feature request for Enemy Radar Mods, how 'bout it showing you
the Synthesis Target icon on its own, to just maybe lower the chance those'll get killed accidentally
(though of course, it'd help even more if late-joiners wouldn't miss the Simaris transmission).

Also, can the Mod Enemy Radar please be renamed already
(to avoid confusion / the need for clarification whether you're talking about the Mod or the effect),
the loot version is called Loot Detector so why not Enemy Detector (for consistency), or whatever.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

how 'bout it showing you
the Synthesis Target icon on its own, to just maybe lower the chance those'll get killed accidentally

The point of the Synthesis target is for us to scan for it  by using the thing but I agree it needs a minimap icon because sometimes that purple glow can be difficult to see and they aren't as tanky as they are for low levels when you have a Corinth with a damage riven lol

10 hours ago, NEUDRIVER101 said:

This will help promote more active and efficient combat coherency for the team by distinguishing the position of more troublesome enemies.  

By gluing your eyes to the minimap and not on the enemies in front of you?