Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea to improve extractor usage

AdunSaveMe

Basically, when you put an extractor on the planet, have them stay there, continuously, until they are moved manually by the player. Each time they fill up, you can collect the resources as usual, and they don't collect while full, basically how it works now, but without the hassle of selecting a planet, opening the menu, selecting an extractor and going to the next one, every single time.

This could also go nicely with a new UI segment for it. In the bottom right, hovering over the extractor indicator can open a list of all the active extractors, with timers, and a button to cancel/move the extractor. It would be a great improvement to QoL since they feel a little tedious and outdated to sort out.

Sounds good. An increase in the number of resources they give out would be quite welcome too, I think.

I mean uhh I want my 300 polymer bundles every 8 hours auto collected damn it!

Edited by Bipp

16 minutes ago, Bipp said:

Sounds good. An increase in the number of resources they give out would be quite welcome too, I think.

I mean uhh I want my 300 polymer bundles every 8 hours auto collected damn it!

I'm mostly fine with the resources as they are. They're just mean to be a passive side bonus, after all. But yes, more usability. Maybe not auto collection.

?people use Extractors?

I tried them out, but when It turns out they take 8 hours to award the same thing I get for shooting open just 1 box in mission, I figured they weren't worth the effort...

I mean, what's the point of improving Usability on something that isn't used in the first place?

maybe DE should work on that first? Have extractors return more compelling rewards?

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

23 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

?people use Extractors?

I tried them out, but when It turns out they take 8 hours to award the same thing I get for shooting open just 1 box in mission, I figured they weren't worth the effort...

I mean, what's the point of improving Usability on something that isn't used in the first place?

maybe DE should work on that first? Have extractors return more compelling rewards?

I use them constantly. The rewards really stack up, and it saves me having to spend more time farming in missions I don't enjoy.