The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How often do you change the appearance of your frames?

rastaban75

Several of the warframes I use frequently have a specific appearance ("fashion") I haven't changed in a long time, in some cases well more than a year, and I never feel the urge to change anything on them. There are other cases where I'm not really satisfied by the skins/colors/syandanas etc. and I change those often - but in general I try to settle down on something.

I was wondering how the community feels about this. Whenever I'm in either Cetus/Fortuna or in a relay where Baro has appeared recently there are many people gathered together and see so many interesting and great "fashion" setups. So, are you someone you likes to change their frames' appearance a lot or not?

Depends on the frame. My Oberon prime has looked the same as when I got him except after I bought the Repala Syandana. The one I changed the most is probably Trinity Prime because I keep changing her shoulder plates and animation set.

In general, my male frames are fixed in design unless a new prime armor set comes out during prime access/prime vault. My female frames on the other hand...

I have my favorite set of skins and helmets for every warframe, and I rarely switch to another skin or helmet. But as for the color scheme - I'm changing it once per 2-3 months depending on my mood, and the scheme always follows the same idea pattern according to my vision of good taste: (1) metallic color - it's either silver or gold, sometimes tends to warm gold or white gold, (2) other textures color - must be 2 or 3 well matching color sets which are fitting to the chosen metallic color, and (3) energy color which either matches the rest of em or stands out from their background.

For example, my current color set is: dark silver metallic, black and grey for other textures and dark blue energy.

Earlier color sets were like:
- golden metallic, white and dark grey textures and golden energy
- golden metallic, royal red and pale red textures and golden energy
- white gold metallic, sand and pale sand textures and white sand energy
- silver metallic, several shades of light blue textures and white energy
and so on. Multiple texture colors are depending on each frame's details cuz some of em are special.

UPD: yes, I know, this looks quite complicate, but the fashionframe is the endgame (maybe not the only one, huh, but still).

every time i log on🤔🤔🤔

but normally i always go black/white with either pink orange or red,usually the latter for female frames and the former for male.

OP, theres nothing to lose by changing your fashion all the time, because eventually you'll stumble upon something so amazing you'll play the game just to look at it.

Edited by ALOEDA1

Depending on how much I play a frame they can sit for months with the same appearance or I can change it on a weekly basis. I always make small tweaks to my frames, mostly on different shades of the same color setup or when I get my hands on new cosmetics I see what can I do with them and on what frames. Really tho, I probably mix and match my operator more than my frames.

DE please just add those new hairstyles already and expand on the facial customization.

Depends on how "done" they are. I tend to change them around a lot at first then settle on a look and keep that basically indefinitely. 

The only changes i make in general are maaaaybe refining contrast every once in a while or try out new armour sets or syandana when the prime access or prime vault comes around, like lately i did some heavy mix and match with the Imugi and Edo prime armour sets. 

I have like 1 palette I slap on everything so that my fashion frame game is at least 'on par' no matter the situation. I'll add and tweak add-ons as I get them or what I think looks good/okay. But I love my Green/White Core with Blue/Purple extras. (Though anything Metallic, especially Orokin Gilding, I make metallic green.) Most of this I use the Infested palette for, though I use the saturated second-darkest pure green for my main green. (I use the darkest infested green for energy.)