Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

JacketUnHoly

Well, one of the better and more practical reworks for her I've read. Good job. Lol

I agree her passive may as well not exist.

I think her 1 is only as bad as most other 1's but I do think the charge time needs to be reduced. It is useful mainly for the additional duration for area denial but it's hardly worth it with such a charge up.

Accelerant is, of course, perfect as is and should be the focus on any build in her current state.

With the added damage bonus I do find Fire Blast useful, but for a 3 I think it should be more so it really could use something.

I've honestly always hated WoF. It was always too lazy for me previously and I never depended on it or Firequake for survival. I use her in Sorties and ESO and Arbitration even now with little issues with survivability. Your WoF rework is actually good, keeps them from having to entirely replace it (although I wouldn't mind if they did replace it) and makes it useful and powerful with effort and synergy. 

+1.

I totally agree that Ember need some tweaks all what was said seams great for me. But I also want to suggest that her passive could be great if Ember could lit herself with a spell, because the amout of energy you could get with that could be really good ! Recently Garuda was released with an ability to sacrifice health and get some energy, Ember has a passive with fire but why couldn't she lit herself to regain energy (and have fire damage reduction for example) ? With some tweaks on her 3 and 4 as you said I guess that would be super great.

Thank you for including a damage reduction ability for Ember because I think she is one of the only caster frames that doesn't have some kind of damage mitigation. Frost has his globe and ice wave if you use the augment, volt has a shield, zephyr has turbulence, and saryn has molt that draws aggro. This would definitely help her a good bit

12 hours ago, Lluminate said:

PASSIVE

Frankly, her passive is awful. It's almost never a factor unless you bring a Javlok for the specific purpose of activating it. For the vast majority of players, this passive may as well not exist. Honest to god I would rather have an innate Firewalker mod on her.

I like the thematics beneath the passive: Thermal Energy.

• "% chance to drop Energy Orb when killing Ignited enemy"
  • "Ember regenerates X points of Energy any time an enemy dies within X meters of her" (the energy equivalent to Nekros' passive)

The extra 35% Ability Strength could just as easily fit the theme, but energy comes out on top (in my mind) for one reason: Energy doesn't face as steep a scale. 

FIREBALL

What this ability currently does: throw a fireball at an enemy for a guaranteed heat proc and to leave a small area of the ground ignited. It's lackluster and the charge mechanic on it is way too slow. We can start by getting rid of the charge on it, the damage does not increase enough to make it worth it in any circumstances anyway.

As it's a first ability, I'm not expecting anything too Earth-shattering here, but here are a few ideas to make this more worth casting on a regular basis are: the fireball leaving a trail of fire behind it as it travels, the explosion having a larger moddable range, the explosion more consistently proccing heat on everything within radius, the fire left on the ground in the aftermath of the explosion add fire damage to teammates who stand in the area, explosion knocking over enemies as well as setting them on fire, etc.

(I'm not saying to add ALL those things, just throwing ideas out)

I would also change this ability's augment, since it's basically a worse version of Accelerant's augment.

Moddable range would be nice. And heat proc chance from the Napalm-like after-effect.

I'd like to think that someone chose to copy-paste Smite Infusion at the last minute, because the original augment concept was too OP. A frenzied fireball augment indeed.

ACCELERANT

This is her current best ability. Change nothing, both the ability itself and the augment are great. The augment especially deserves a special mention for being one of the only ways to buff ally casting speed!

Agreed, although I wish the casting speed buff actually cut things in half. Damn math equations.

FIRE BLAST

This ability is more likely to get Ember killed in higher levels than anything else. Remove it. It costs too much energy and is generally less effective CC than using Accelerant. I know a lot of people think Overheat should go here, and to be honest I wouldn't complain if that's exactly what happened.

However, I would rather Ember do some work for any damage reduction she gets. Something like, for every enemy effected by any of Ember's abilities in a certain radius, Ember gets 10% reduction. Numbers not exact, probably could be capped lower than other reduction abilities (70%?).

OR

If we don't want Ember to have any damage reduction at all, then I suggest that she gets an aura of fire around her that distorts enemy accuracy and protects her from melee attacks. Something like Titania's evasion in Razorwing. Have you ever seen heat waves coming off of hot ground, distorting the view behind them? That's Ember. All the time.

I like that DE wanted to differentiate Ember from other casters by cutting out a basic DR ability. I think CC-based DR fits her quite well, but this skill does need a few tweaks. For starters, it should remove and reapply existing Heat procs on enemies. And if the cast delay has to stay...perhaps some invulnerability during that ~1 second? Then, the ring of fire needs to be more enticing. Giving it localized Evasion would be a good start.

But the Augment needs to be reworked. AI improvements have made it pretty damn useless.

WORLD ON FIRE

The tweak to this ability did not accomplish its purpose. Ember can still walk through lower levels and kill everything, all this nerf did was destroy her ability to survive at higher levels with her Firequake augment. Remove the "ramp up" mechanic and unnerf the range.

However, I also do not want the old World on Fire to come back. I propose that we heavily nerf the damage (I know, I know, don't leave yet!), buff the status chance, and make it have stronger synergy with Accelerant. Let me explain:

Nerf the damage. Old World on Fire was annoying for everyone to deal with. It's not fun for your teammates, and not engaging gameplay for you. If you liked the old World on Fire, I suggest you try Equinox. The damage falls off very quickly into higher levels anyway, and I'm hoping the other changes I'm suggesting will make up for the lost power in utility and synergy.

Buff the status chance. Currently, World on Fire has a base 35% status chance, affected by power strength. It's sort of bad. You need to have A LOT of strength to make this anywhere near reliable. I would put this up to 50% status chance at base or even 65%. This would allow Ember to have decent CC without relying on Firequake, but people who really wanted to build Ember for CC could still use that augment for slightly better control.

And lastly.... synergy with Accelerant. Accelerant, while good, is a very limited ability. It only affects everything in range at the time of casting; once those enemies are dead, you need to cast it again. It also is restricted by line of sight and a base range of 20m. I suggest that , if both of these abilities are combined onto the same enemy, that World on Fire does its old damage MULTIPLIED by Accelerant's fire buff. The line of sight restriction means that the old AFK kill-through-walls Ember is still not possible, and to use her in a way that's as damaging as before, you would have to CONSTANTLY be casting Accelerant, burning a ton of energy and hopefully keeping you at the keyboard. However, you would be rewarded for being attentive with half-decent damage.

OR

Gut this ability entirely. We've already gone through several changes to it and we can't seem to get it quite right. And I'll be honest.... I don't want the old World on Fire back at all. Screw it, give her something crazy cool instead! Exalted flamethrower! Transformation into a Phoenix state capable of flight! A massive volcanic explosion coming out of the ground! The possibilities are endless and I'm not going to mourn World on Fire if it goes!

I'd go with a small aura (flat 5-7m) with guaranteed Heat procs, and either armor stripping or disarm at 100% overheat...but I wouldn't mind starting from scratch at this point.

Looking at how many suggestions for warframe buffs have come and gone... I can't help but wonder if the developers simply think: "all frames are not created equal. some are destined to be mediocre" and they decided ember is one such frame and have left her like that. (Others that they have decided to put in this category are Vauban, Nyx, Wukong, Titania... and who am I missing?)

3 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

Looking at how many suggestions for warframe buffs have come and gone... I can't help but wonder if the developers simply think: "all frames are not created equal. some are destined to be mediocre" and they decided ember is one such frame and have left her like that. (Others that they have decided to put in this category are Vauban, Nyx, Wukong, Titania... and who am I missing?)

Well this is immediately flawed since those 4 frames have explicitly been said to be the next 4 to be worked on. Hell, Nyx is getting her rework with the next part of Fortuna, along with changes for Titania.

We shall see if that rework actually makes them significantly better. From what I heard so far, not really. It might shift them up a bit in terms of quality of life and gameplay fluidity, but maybe not one entire tier of effectiveness better.

Edited by Xepthrichros

I think Ember should get a new passive that would work in two parts, the first being an overall buff to the Ignite status effect in allowing it to scale by having it be that, the longer an enemy is affected by an instance of Ignite, the more damage over time the dot deals to the enemy. The second part of the passive being the Overheat function from World on Fire, but not restricted to her 4th power, allowing all her damage abilities to get that extra damage, and while Ember is at 100% Overheat, any enemy she kills while they suffer an Ignite Proc have a chance to drop an energy orb.

Also, I think the lingering napalm effect that Fireball has is terrible and could be replaced with something better, and while were at it, lets remove the “holding” function on her 1 to allow quicker attacks with a super charged Fireball, and instead of leaving a lingering napalm effect that has essentially no real impact, replace it by giving a charged Fireball a guaranteed chance of knocking down enemies near the point of the ability’s impact, be it a foe or environmental obstruction. This will not only make her 1st ability slightly better at being consistent high damage, but also CC with its knockdown feature. In addition, allowing the explosion radius of Fireball to be affected by Ability Range mods such as Stretch or similar would make it even better at CC.

Also, lets replace Fire Blast with a new defense ability that is kind of  a “Fire Shield” that is, in function, similar to Zephyr’s 3rd ability, but projectiles are instead incinerated and melee enemies that come into the range of effect are guaranteed to suffer a Ignite proc. This doesn’t give Ember flat-out damage reduction, but it does give her some immunity to certain enemies while, I think, giving her a defensive ability that fits her theme.

As for World on Fire...I'd say trash its current form, as it is a terrible ability for what it does. A target limited DPS aura with counter-productive functions that only serve as a detriment to itself. Ember's 4th should be something that is similar to Fire Blast, but doesn’t suck and is better. New WoF sends out an expanding wave of fire that has a 50% chance of setting enemies on fire (guaranteed at max Overheat), this wave will also cover the ground it leaves behind in an ocean of flames, dealing Heat damage to enemies that stand within it and setting them on fire if they weren’t on fire already. The default range of this expanding wave would be about 25 meters, and adding Ability Range mods would allow it to expand further, thus covering the ground in more scorching flames. This ability would also not be terrain restricted, allowing Ember to create oceans of flames on other elevations from where she actives WoF. This in a sense gives Ember’s 4th ability functions that are similar to Oberon’s 2nd ability, Hallowed Ground except...BIGGER.