Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Report option for rep leechers

Danyael

I would really like to see an option for reporting people who just afk leech or in orb vallis just farms rep a whole round while the others do the missions. It is really obnoxious and

rude to make the whole group do a mission 3 people while he is getting his jollies capturing animals or mining. and to boot the attitude these people have like they are above

farming rep and helping teammembers. Should be learned a lesson, a week ban or something.

29 minutes ago, Danyael said:

I would really like to see an option for reporting people who just afk leech

This I agree

30 minutes ago, Danyael said:

It is really obnoxious and

rude to make the whole group do a mission 3 people while he is getting his jollies capturing animals or mining. and to boot the attitude these people have like they are above

farming rep and helping teammembers.

So you asked in chat ?

If yes, maybe consider asking him(or her) to have solo matchmaking and exiting vallis after completing the bounty

While I agree that this is obnoxious behavior I dont think an outright ban from the game is the best punishment. I would prefer something like a ban from playing with other people for a few days or a week depending on how much they have been reported. Force them to go solo for a few days and maybe they'll change their mind about leeching being acceptable behavior. Kind like how cheaters are put onto servers with other cheaters in some other games.

We really need something for this though, as of right now the only way to report people is to submit a ticket to support. This is very time consuming and I have to basically choose who to report based on their behavior(ex: only reporting if they keep leeching after getting called out) rather than reporting every leech I come across because if I reported every one I came across I wouldnt have time to actually play the game.

Edited by LordPantaloonsthe3rd

While leechers should be punished/reported, I think they should fix the bounty/matchmaking system in orb vallis first. These are some issues:

1. Even if you enter directly into the orb, there is actually a high chance you end up entering a bounty run

2. Even if 2 people votes no when someone starts a bounty on a non-bounty run, the bounty can still proceed to start

I propose that the reward of the bounty is only given to players that are within a close proximity of the bounty (if its the kill X of drone/corpus/moa, then so long they participated they can still get it), so when obnoxious players decide to start a bounty without asking, other people can still freely do whatever they are trying to do (mining, fishing etc) and since they aren't getting the reward, no one will be upset about the leeching

Edited by Ley_CrimsonRiver

i think more a system in place like the idle timer nullifies rewards shoudl be addressed to a vote system, a vote system could easily get abused by Toxic "Elites" not doing XX 500k+ dmg? *vote to kick* , chose to use your KDrive instead of the archwing for a short distance? "*vote to kick*" *insert really dumb reason here and well you see where that goes it runs rampant in some games like FFXIV for example people will monitor your DPS there and if your even 1 point under thier unreasonably high expectations and you get voted out.

a "didnt do / work towards mission objectives X# of mins" and teh system should reward you w/ Rep/Items (that way leechers get what they deserve)

I was noted for doing this. I went off fishing between a mission because it was a Hot Cycle and I need that damn Coagulant.. (Theres a huge difference and duration between the Time cycles..)

And you know how everyone races to get that damn Standing and get out of Vallis.

Unfortunately the rare fish doesn't seem to spawn during a active mission.

The fishing bait should just spawn the fish you bait for, not wait around for 20 min for hot cycle,  just 1 rare fish spawns at Hot Cycle and the bait just stops thier movement..

Edited by Grimmstyler

If you have time to make a thread here about it, you have time to contact support. 

Additionally, you don’t have to file a report right away. Just collect all your info and screenshots and make as many reports as you need to at the end of your play session. 

Edited by (PS4)Gerbizzzle

On 2018-11-21 at 2:34 PM, kicsikorte said:

Well you can report these players at https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

But we need a faster ingame option, because it's way too time consuming like this.

its waste report them here , nothing happend to them , and they just continue play as before, i already try it five times and nothing happend to that player ,

Edited by joesef

On 2018-11-24 at 12:26 PM, (PS4)Gerbizzzle said:

If you have time to make a thread here about it, you have time to contact support

Additionally, you don’t have to file a report right away. Just collect all your info and screenshots and make as many reports as you need to at the end of your play session. 

first you dont have time to go to the player that is on another side of map and screenshoot him  and make reports outside of warframe , when you make bounties , if you start what you write ppl start thing you are leacher too and start report you too, so pls stop write this and go make some bounties and you know why i write this

Spoiler

W39suFt.jpg

Yes,ban all the leechers,i hate them. 
I SMASH I VOTE KICK I DEMAND BANANAS
Anyone who does less than 50% kills and damage gotta get ban instantly!
Ancient titans demand it!
Digital sacrifice!

Spoiler

^Just prank bro,I'll gladly carry you. Just enjoy that you can get more kills,I mean fortuna is quite boring with its low spawnrates,i get rarely to kill something in it

Simple rules for matchmaming:

Humans online are trash.

Go to carry or go to fail.

Put together your own group, play solo or deal with it.  Those are the options.

De can't make people not trash online, and any new system will end up with a new way to abuse it because again, humans are trash.

There is no argument that stands against this one logically, people have tried for pages, accept the truth, and choose your own adventure.

Remember: de is responsible for the game content, but YOU are responsible for your game experience.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

On 2018-11-21 at 2:27 PM, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

I dont think an outright ban from the game is the best punishment.

a 15-30 minute ban for first offense, 2 hours for another, 1 day.. Then a whole week.

If someone is willing to break the lowest limits of decency and get a week ban then he obviously doesn't care about punishment so... Just kick the dude out for the better good of others.

Anyone saying this could by abused: Well just FYI leechers abuse the S#&$ty system we have right now so.. I'd try my chances with anti-leech report function rather than just being the victim that also has to pay the price.

Edited by deothor

12 hours ago, joesef said:

first you dont have time to go to the player that is on another side of map and screenshoot him  and make reports outside of warframe , when you make bounties , if you start what you write ppl start thing you are leacher too and start report you too, so pls stop write this and go make some bounties and you know why i write this

You don’t have to go over to the guy to screenshot him...

Here’s what I did when someone was leeching in a PoE bounty.

-Noticed one player was not with the group. (You can press the world map to see where he is, screenshot that.) he happened to be over by the ocean. 

-Checked the current mission progress, noticed he had all zeros. Screenshot that. 

-Messaged him to stop leeching and play the objective(s). He replied he wanted to get some fish and that I should mind my own business. Screenshot that. 

-Advised him I was going to report him and asked the other players to do the same thing. 

All that takes less time to do than typing it out here. 

Also, get this, DE can and does track EVERYTHING that happens in game. You just have to give them the information to track down the particular game session and they can see it all. Once they verify that was happening, they’ll send a nastygram to the offending player and if that player keeps getting reports... they’ll either block them from playing or block them from playing in a squad for a period of time.