Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nintendo switch controller sweet spot

Aikatears

Question

Been playing PC on and off for 4 years, so starting on console was a bit off a shock on the controls.

For those that been playing so far on the switch what is your sweet spot to with the look and aim controls? (Will be making a PC copy but just wanted to get use to things first)

2 answers to this question

I was an old PC player that decided to revive playing Warframe because of how cheap the switch is. 

I can say 2 days in and melee is still awkward. You can't easily channel, pick swing direction, and press the awkwardly placed melee attack button at the same time. I haven't tried to adjust or swap buttons around yet. Maybe that's the answer. 

Buy playing Excalibur it feels impossible to move, aim, attack, and decide when to channel and not. 

On the PC I rebound (pure) melee mode attack to LMB and channel to E using their secondary binding boxes. With a gun drawn it still functions as quick melee as normal, but once I pull the sword out the normal mouseclick to fire becomes melee attack (I've also got mousewheel up on both guns and melee as the secondary binding for weapons that have fire rates higher than it's physically possible to click).

If you do that and set melee channeling to a toggle under your control options it becomes a whole lot more ergonomic - suspect the same mappings would work quite well on Switch (I.E. A remains as quick melee but with a melee weapon drawn you use Rz and A becomes channel toggle).