The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Hotfix 24.0.9] Thoughts on Terra Enemies "Buffed", Elite Terra Enemies HP and Shield boost might scale a bit too crazy for extended Toroid farming?

SprinKah

So, I'm sure we all know, DE just now, adding in another branch to the Corpus Terra army, some of the Corpus enemies become "Elite" after lvl 30+, bringing back some great urgency for the veterans and IMO, brought up a few concerns and problems in theory.

I do have to say, I know that this whole Fortuna Enemies nerfed has been a bit...problematic for DE and a part of the player-base and I don't really want to hinder DE's efforts in making Fortuna as fun as possible for both newbies and veterans. For me personally, I disliked the Terra Enemies nerfs which kinda brought down the difficulty level of Fortuna a bit (I do have to admit, it still retained a lot of the urgency which I loved).

So, with the recent hotfix, 24.0.9, DE brought back up the difficulty level in a rather interesting yet simple way, Replacing the some of the Terra enemies with an "Elite" varient that all have boosted HP and Shield and dealing more damage and stuff. Which is very nice. But that's where my concerns kinda rose up.

I feel that the HP and Shield boost of these Elite Terra enemies are pretty overkill, and a lot of us do go to Orb Vallis without a bountny to go to Temple of Profit to farm Toroids. The enemies level scales up overtime the longer you play with 4 beacons active and with the HP and Shield boost of the new Elite Terra enemies, THEORETICALLY, I fear that the scaling is gonna be a tad bit too much , WAY more than before because of the new boosted HP and Shield. Haven't tested it yet but I feel like it would. Honestly I didn't think DE would do something like this, I really just thought they're just gonna bring back the pre 24.0.4 Terra enemies but I guess this is better for players who aren't veterans that are just gonna do <lvl30 bounties. 

Edited by SprinKah

11 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Gas n slash and shields are no longer an issue.

^--This

We have countless Frames and weapons in this game, with many ways to mod them (though some usually more correct than others). It's important to bring the right gear for the job and come prepared. There are ways to bypass shields, and lesser effective ways to do additional damage to shields. Think of it like an Augmented Enemy Shields Sortie.

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

Just did a test run letting the alarms go off to 4 in a bounty 5 till enemies were 110-ish, it does feel to me how they hit harder, but mostly the units that are meant to hit hard (like the opticor snipers or those dudes with the semi auto proyectile). If you ain't going for anything that bypasses shields it takes some more to down enemies, but going for gas and slash still makes short work of them, so modding properly is still a thing.

You gotta keep a look out for your surroundings though, since they hit harder, minding your own business and having a bunch of dudes gather up behind you can get you mowed down quickly. Tested mostly with Garuda for slash reasons.

8 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

I wasn't having too much of an issue solo on my nekros today, they were getting up the 120s before I got bored and ran out. Gas and Slash and general alertness are your best friends when it comes to straight up power farming these guys for toroids. 

19 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Hell, I suppose you guys are right, Tbh with ya I have not been on many Toroid farm sessions, I've been on like...2-3 of them, went up to like 130 or so then leave simply because my teammates were dying quite a bit. So I'm not ENTIRELY sure if it's like what you guys said. 

7 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

That, also you can control the alert level as you please and reset it occasionally if you feel the need to. 

sometimes I wonder if the whole level scaling thing with 4 beacons active over time is actually...intended, sure it's nice and cool but man, wonder if DE actually intended that. 

16 minutes ago, renleech said:

I wonder if the toroid farm we players do today will be the real toroid farm after the big spider hunt is released.

that's something to think about yeah, though maybe the current way of farming them won't exactly go away when the orbs are released and ready to mingle. WHo knows, I know one thing for sure, veterans love to camp and farm like this. 

5 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

Just did a test run letting the alarms go off to 4 in a bounty 5 till enemies were 110-ish, it does feel to me how they hit harder, but mostly the units that are meant to hit hard (like the opticor snipers or those dudes with the semi auto proyectile). If you ain't going for anything that bypasses shields it takes some more to down enemies, but going for gas and slash still makes short work of them, so modding properly is still a thing.

You gotta keep a look out for your surroundings though, since they hit harder, minding your own business and having a bunch of dudes gather up behind you can get you mowed down quickly. Tested mostly with Garuda for slash reasons.

hm, is that so, I guess it doesn't really scale up that much like I thought

2 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

hm, is that so, I guess it doesn't really scale up that much like I thought

It depends mostly on how prepared you are to fight them, I think. No gas/slash/magnetic/whatever will make you feel that the enemies are quite harder than before, but just as we can mod to deal with any enemy defenses, we can deal with shields easily as well. Also do keep in mind that I was using Garuda, who has a good amount of self healing albeit not possessing innate damage reduction in my build. But then again many frames have others and more varied forms of mitigation that can work just as good if not better than the healing.

So all in all, I'm fairly certain that if you take your time to prepare and mod yourself adequately for the enemy type, anyone can take on these enemies.

5 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

I havent seen them yet, but I do hope they have a diffrent coloration or some kind of marker other then nameplate. it would be kinda cool to see.

nah, literally just same units with Elite in their name and boosts in HP and Shield and some changes to how they attack, not much else really :V

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Works nicely until you have to deal with the Raknoids (Sycto and the Kyta).

As a reference, Sycto (orange) mainly uses their "silk" and their claws to attack you. The Kyta (Green) Raknoid is even worse since neither Toxic damage or its procs can bypass its shields; you need to bring it down. Gets even more fun when they generate their overshields and run away from you.

Also they both have armor, which affects the Toxin damage/procs from Gas.

2 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Works nicely until you have to deal with the Raknoids (Sycto and the Kyta).

As a reference, Sycto (orange) mainly uses their "silk" and their claws to attack you. The Kyta (Green) Raknoid is even worse since neither Toxic damage or its procs can bypass its shields; you need to bring it down. Gets even more fun when they generate their overshields and run away from you.

Also they both have armor, which affects the Toxin damage/procs from Gas.

Well if we're talking about toroid farms, right now, most of it occurs in caves and stuff anyway so eh. As for the Raknoids, this is just me but I love how a little tough they are!