Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons In Switch Version

(NSW)Yar2084

Question

Hi there,

I'm a little confused as to some of the weapons that are available in the Switch version. I have an account on PS4 that I started back in the summer, its only a mastery rank 1 Volt, but i have Akmagnus pistols equipped in the secondary and a glaive in the melee slot and I enjoy using them. I would like to use them on my Switch account but for whatever reason they're not available to me, I need to be Mastery Rank 10 or higher if i remember correctly to buy or get the blueprint for them

What gives? I don't remember what I did to get these weapons on my Volt. Is it because the Switch version is running on an older build or something?

11 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Yar2084 said:

Oh sorry, the volt itself is rank 12 and my account is mastery rank 1

Interesting. There was a weapons balance pass earlier this year (January?) and Akmagnus was upped to MR 12, so as a MR 1 you shouldn't be able to use those yet. Even more interesting is the single Magnus is MR 10.

Did you start playing this past summer (2018) or in 2017?

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Interesting. There was a weapons balance pass earlier this year (January?) and Akmagnus was upped to MR 12, so as a MR 1 you shouldn't be able to use those yet. Even more interesting is the single Magnus is MR 10.

Did you start playing this past summer (2018) or in 2017?

I played sporadically from about this time last year until maybe early summer when I had to sell my PS4. I don't really know what the deal is, all I know is my PS4 account is mastery rank 1 and that I have the ps plus skin for the guns equipped too.

Just now, (NSW)Yar2084 said:

I played sporadically from about this time last year until maybe early summer when I had to sell my PS4. I don't really know what the deal is, all I know is my PS4 account is mastery rank 1 and that I have the ps plus skin for the guns equipped too.

Ahh perfect! That's what I was looking for!

So I don't remember exactly when but between Jan-March 2018 DE did a weapon balance pass that, among changing weapon damage, changed the MR requirements for a lot of weapons. Any existing weapons that players had would still be usable if they already had it in their inventory.

For your situation, since you started playing about this time last year the Magnus and Akmagnus didn't have the MR restriction on it. When the weapon balance update dropped you still could use the Akmagnus as a MR 1 player because you owned the weapon already. BUT, if you would try to build a new Akmagnus you'd be hit with the restriction.

So, for the Switch version, you currently can't build Akmagnus because you don't have a high enough MR for it due to the changes that took place earlier this year.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

So I don't remember exactly when but between Jan-March 2018 DE did a weapon balance pass that, among changing weapon damage, changed the MR requirements for a lot of weapons. Any existing weapons that players had would still be usable if they already had it in their inventory.

For your situation, since you started playing about this time last year the Magnus and Akmagnus didn't have the MR restriction on it. When the weapon balance update dropped you still could use the Akmagnus as a MR 1 player because you owned the weapon already. BUT, if you would try to build a new Akmagnus you'd be hit with the restriction.

So, for the Switch version, you currently can't build Akmagnus because you don't have a high enough MR for it due to the changes that took place earlier this year.

Thank you! 

On 2018-11-21 at 10:07 AM, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

No, the akmagnus was given as free weapons in a ps4 booster pack.  Thats how you have them at mr1.  You probably also have an obsidian skin for them as well from that pack.  

Edited by (PS4)SteveOMatic
Sorry, no you, but OP has them