Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Award 2018, no DE in "Best developer" award list =_=

Anapxist

It's mainly because DE has gone largely underappreciated for all their work / dedication. (From the public / media at large, but generally not from us players)

Don't really care either way. Warframe will still be amazing in spite of a lack of recognition from certain areas.
One of the reasons is that I kind of see Awards ceremonies as a farce and places for companies to advertise, rather than a time to gather for a general appreciation of games / game developers.

Just realized you were talking about the Steam Awards and not the "Game Awards" going on right now. Steam has recognized Warframe's success in the past, but the Game Awards have not. That was the party I was referencing.

My bad.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

2 minutes ago, JoniBach said:

I would hazard a guess that its because DE only run one major game that is still massively played. Not to mention the fact that it is listed as a 2013 release. I am not surprised it hasn't won a steam 2018 award. 

They won "Labor of Love" last year. The award is a glyph in the game.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb JoniBach:

I would hazard a guess that its because DE only run one major game that is still massively played. Not to mention the fact that it is listed as a 2013 release. I am not surprised it hasn't won a steam 2018 award. 

the Awards will be given out in february. atm ist just the community nominating who theyd like to see winning the title. and its broken 

1 minute ago, IntheCoconut said:

They won "Labor of Love" last year. The award is a glyph in the game.

fair point. but perhaps there will be some years where DE don't win an award. I am not saying they don't deserved it of course. I am just saying its not that crazy to me. There have been some new titles released that are worthy of awards too

10 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

steam is getting corrupt as any award thrower, why care

Not quite sure how corruption applies here. Just saying.... its not a democracy. Its their award on their private platform. They have the right to chose whatever devs they want.

I am sure they make a fair amount of money through platinum transactions via steam wallet mind you. 

Ah yes. The Game Awards. Aka one huge circle jerk of advertisements. Don't take it seriously. It's one big joke. Maybe 1 or 2 results are justified and deserved but the rest are just to boost those convenient holiday sales they are doing. 

1 hour ago, IntheCoconut said:

I can't nominate anyone so I think its just broken. Steam just can't handle the increase in traffic right now so just give it a bit and I'm sure you will be able to use the search function to nominate.

When you search for it type in Digital Extremes Ltd or just D and it pops up, you gotta search for the actual company not the game.