Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pax Charge

Neightrix

I think bringing up Pax Seeker is a good point. You're functionally using less ammo to kill grouped enemies, assuming headshots. Even with the faster firing kitguns it seems really effective.

Granted, I think both are better off than Pax Soar (maybe increase headshot damage while aim gliding also?). It would be nice if they were all at Seeker's level imo.

Edited by Neightrix

13 hours ago, Peter said:

Hello, it's me again, I did more accurate tests and in fact Pax Charge should escalate with fire rate.

He can not support high fire rate weapons.

I'd be interested to know which kitgun combination shows that. I have two Rattleguts with different base fire rates captured and pulled up in a video editor, and it's frame by frame the same recharge rate for both with Pax Charge.

I have this Pox charge>RattleGuts/Haymaker/Zipneedle>Synth Charge Meme build I wanna try at some point: Hold Mouse one and just let the last 3rpm shot regenerate at 0 and see if I get perma triple damage. (may need a Quickdraw to have Fire rate not truly limited by charge time.)

I know it doesn't 'solve' the problem, but it's worth keeping in mind.

3 hours ago, Zsword said:

I have this Pox charge>RattleGuts/Haymaker/Zipneedle>Synth Charge Meme build I wanna try at some point: Hold Mouse one and just let the last 3rpm shot regenerate at 0 and see if I get perma triple damage. (may need a Quickdraw to have Fire rate not truly limited by charge time.)

I know it doesn't 'solve' the problem, but it's worth keeping in mind.

It'd be like an auto weapon with a firearate of roughly 2.5, slower than any other auto weapon. Could still work with the damage increase, but the problem is that kitgun builds are too tight. You have only one flex slot which on rattleguts would ideally go to punchthrough, so even if you sacrifice that for synth charge you have no room for Primed Quickdraw. And without that, your firerate drops to 1.7

A riven with the right stats could help, though.

From having R3 Pax Charge and tested it.. it is bearable with both Tombfinger and Catchmoon.. Alright with gaze if you have a fast reloading grip, but horrible with rattleguts

The fact that this is a fixed rate is much more a problem IMO

Edited by MunsuLight

I got R3 Pax Charge too and used it with gibber-rattleguts. First: levelling arcane just barely reduces the delay before recharge. Second: recharge rate is too slow, like many people pointed out here already. Combine the delay and recharge rate and you have a very slow reload. Generally I find reload time more than 2.5 seconds annoying and use reload speed mods on these weapons. Though it is ok on supra simply because it has such a big magazine and it takes a long time to empty it. Gibber empties the mag fast and then takes forever to reload with that arcane. Current recharge rate would feel good enough on it only if delay before recharge was zero or close to zero. I would prefer if they would both increase the charge rate and decrease the delay (even if only a little bit), but just an increased charge would already make it much more enjoyable. Barely any arcanes come with negative effects and more than doubling reloading time is just too big of a negative.

Только что, CaptainJLP сказал:

Pax charge is good on low fire rate weapons, trash on fast firing weapons aka you have no choice on fire-rate gaze chamber. It really needs to be adjusted on the gaze, to compete with weapons like cycron.

Wrong. This arcane is useless. With low rite rate you don't have problems with ammo. With high fire rate you spend more time reloading that shooting. What this arcane does is nerf your weapon by doubling / tripling the reload time. Just take the carrier...

27 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Wrong. This arcane is useless. With low rite rate you don't have problems with ammo. With high fire rate you spend more time reloading that shooting. What this arcane does is nerf your weapon by doubling / tripling the reload time. Just take the carrier...

Yeah, that's kinda what I mean't. Mainly effects the automatic weapons, but may effect the other two chambers depending on the build. They really need to triple or double the rate at which it reloads ammo. On my rattleguts with haymaker, it doesn't seem to be an issue till very late endgame.

Edited by CaptainJLP