Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armistice

(PSN)BerettaRecon

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Gamma___OG said:

Don't lie to yourself. We all want it back, at least I do.

So... just you then.  Tell you what:  You really, really want PVP?  Then feel free to choose from the "nearly every other game online" selection available.  They put the Armistice in place because the Dark Sectors didn't work.  A few mega-clans locked them down and jacked the taxes to max, and the toxic overflow was affecting the rest of the game.  (Up to and including DDOS attacks on the Warframe servers to prevent other clans from taking control of the Dark Sector nodes, supposedly.)

If you really need a PVP fix, play Fortnite.  It's not super popular, but I'm sure you'll be able to find *someone* to shoot over there.

4 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

So... just you then.  Tell you what:  You really, really want PVP?  Then feel free to choose from the "nearly every other game online" selection available.  They put the Armistice in place because the Dark Sectors didn't work.  A few mega-clans locked them down and jacked the taxes to max, and the toxic overflow was affecting the rest of the game.  (Up to and including DDOS attacks on the Warframe servers to prevent other clans from taking control of the Dark Sector nodes, supposedly.)

If you really need a PVP fix, play Fortnite.  It's not super popular, but I'm sure you'll be able to find *someone* to shoot over there.

Umm.... This sounds angry and I did not want the "arguments" to reach this level. I myself missed a lot of it though I was there at the end and I quite liked it. I don't want the toxicity back I would rather it be like RailJack which will have a PVP section i think, if not oh well, but that would be fun and to me so was the what we did before the Armistice. I understand not everyone liked.

I think it'll come back once they've had a chance to really sit down and rework it. Which likely won't happen until after a few updates after Railjack at the earliest.

I'd expect they'd need some way to stop clans that can put out large amounts of people to an event from just taking a node over and camping it with super high taxes.Perhaps a limit to how long each clan can hold a sector in a row (say 3 to 5 days) with a increasing timer between each time they can take a node. So hold for 3 days, have to take a day off. Then they can hold it for another three days but it'll be a 2 day wait, then a 4, then 8, increasing onward. Do something like once this waiting period between each hold is over, every day they delay before taking it again it decreases the rest period by a certain amount, say half a day.

Could do something like the tier of the clan changes the waiting period like it does for material costs (figure instead of the x1/3/10/30/100 just do x1/2/3/4/5). This would mean that a Ghost Clan would have 3 up, 1 down to start, but a Moon Clan would have 3 up, 5 down to start. This means that larger clans would have to plan accordingly to when they wanted to take advantage of whatever rewards you get for the area, building regiments and such as needed for the attack and hold. 

I can see a bunch of different ways they could go about reinstating PvP and Dark Sectors. But it's not going to be done anytime soon between what they already have on their plate and the community in general's dislike of Conclave (I know I can't stand doing it most of the time).

I never heard of these supposed DDOS attacks to stop clans from taking over sectors, but I do remember the activity logs reading like broken records

Solar rail successfully defended by Clan XYZ.

And they all were like that.  I never even bothered researching any of the rail stuff for my tiny clan because what would the point be?  I had exactly zero chance of ever taking a rail, so why even put forth the resources to research the ability to try?  Of course later they added clan affinity and attached affinity values to things that hadn't been researchable for several years, which is kind of a dumb thing.

well arnt all the taxes on the rails 0% right now im pretty sure if any big clan decided to turn it up another one would just attack them and if they took it make it 0% again

besides we have other methods of farming if a rail did turn up its taxes and didnt get overthrown people would stop using that node so it would devolve into what brand of door way are you using to travel to your grind they all do the same thing just look diffrent