Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrodons (or all animals possibly) get alerted as soon as they spawn

Karonuva

Just now, DjAirsurfer said:

I'm 100% hidden yet the kubrodons spawn in alerted, even if there's a big hill between us.

You cannot get them on perfect anyway with a Tranq. You need to sleep them for that.

• I have got a couple on perfect. That was sleeping them through a rock. Otherwise it has always been "good"

No other animal is doing this.

10 minutes ago, krc473 said:

You cannot get them on perfect anyway with a Tranq. You need to sleep them for that.

• I have got a couple on perfect. That was sleeping them through a rock. Otherwise it has always been "good"

No other animal is doing this.

False, I've gotten perfect kubrodon captures as Banshee. Either way, this is unrelated. They spawn in alerted and run away instantly, even if I'm completely hidden. If it's due to having to be downwind or whatever, they really need to indicate it better than with snowflakes that seem to fly in no specific direction. (If it's even snowing in the first place)

Edited by DjAirsurfer

6 minutes ago, DjAirsurfer said:

False, I've gotten perfect kubrodon captures as Banshee.

I haven't got them when silent or invisible. Hence my assumption you need to sleep them. 

• The do take two tranq darts. So they should notice you.
7 minutes ago, DjAirsurfer said:

They spawn in alerted and run away instantly, even if I'm completely hidden.

I just went and grabbed a couple. They seemed to run towards me. I moved away from the call point, was invisible and silent (Loki). But they still came and stood roughly in front of me. They made no attempt to flee at all. So, I am not sure what is happening for you. 

• Are you the host or client when you notice this?

On 2018-11-21 at 9:58 PM, krc473 said:

I haven't got them when silent or invisible. Hence my assumption you need to sleep them. 

• The do take two tranq darts. So they should notice you.

I just went and grabbed a couple. They seemed to run towards me. I moved away from the call point, was invisible and silent (Loki). But they still came and stood roughly in front of me. They made no attempt to flee at all. So, I am not sure what is happening for you. 

• Are you the host or client when you notice this?

Always host, I never do poop hunts in public lobbies.

Get a flowy syandana, better indicator of wind. 

Make sure you aren't upwind to the origin of the kubrodon call. 

They become instantly alerted if you are upwind irrespective of line of sight. 

Weapon needs to be silent as well (or very far away) for both shots of tranq and needs to connect consecutively while animal is facing away from you. 

Hence it is hard to get perfect capture.