General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Please fix joycons deadzones. Game unplayable!

(NSW)Shrike

Hi. 

The performance of the port is good but the joycon deadzones are massive. I can't believe this hasn't been picked up as there are dozens of similar comments online and even with the pro controller. 

Please introduce a setting or at least make them smaller or the same size as on pc where they are fine. I don't understand how anyone can play the game with the controls like this. 

Thanks. 

Edited by (NSW)Shrike

Agreed.  

I came here to post this topic myself, so just commenting here to hopefully increase visibility.  The sticks on my joy cons don't begin to register any movement until they are pushed to about 50% of maximum.  This problem is exacerbated when playing with the pro controller since the pro controller sticks have a much wider range of movement. 

This should be a VERY high priority bug DE.  The gunplay on this version is so much more frustrating as there is almost no ability to make the more fine adjustments necessary during high speed battles. 

I just got a brand new Switch over Thanksgiving break to play Warframe, and thus far, I have not run into this issue. It's possible that this is a hardware thing rather than software, but as before mentioned, I just got the Switch, so I don't know much about it. I'm probably missing something huge that other, long-time Switch users know.

On 2018-11-26 at 6:14 PM, (NSW)JBonedYa said:

Agreed.  

I came here to post this topic myself, so just commenting here to hopefully increase visibility.  The sticks on my joy cons don't begin to register any movement until they are pushed to about 50% of maximum.  This problem is exacerbated when playing with the pro controller since the pro controller sticks have a much wider range of movement. 

This should be a VERY high priority bug DE.  The gunplay on this version is so much more frustrating as there is almost no ability to make the more fine adjustments necessary during high speed battles. 

Agreed, I’ve read comments elsewhere trying to say that aiming isn’t as important in Warframe as it is in say Battlefield so this shouldn’t be a problem, but it just doesn’t feel good to control right now, like you’re always fighting with the controller a little bit.

Just today, I started having deadzone/ input lag issues that ranged from laggy at best to unresponsive at worst. The weird thing is, it was only on the right side of both the joycon and the pro controller. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem, as restarting both the switch and warframe did nothing.

3 hours ago, Circvmingo said:

Just today, I started having deadzone/ input lag issues that ranged from laggy at best to unresponsive at worst. The weird thing is, it was only on the right side of both the joycon and the pro controller. I was wondering if anyone else had this same problem, as restarting both the switch and warframe did nothing.

Actually Steve just announce they have fixed the bug, waiting for Hotfix currently