Disappointed

sprague2

First let me say that this game has been amazing and the community very open and welcoming. Anytime I had a question or needed help with a mission there was always someone there to help. The problem is the one time I needed help the people in charge seemed to turn a blind eye. 

I was doing the 3 terralyst bounty in the plains of eidolon with a public group. At the time I have attempted this run multiple times and just kept failing. This would have been the first time completing the mission if not for one problem. After beating the eidolons everyone went over to extraction and while waiting for the mission to end I was kicked out of the group, sent back to my orbiter, and told the mission failed. I didn’t receive any items resources or anything. 40 min wasted. I told my clan and they said to contact support. I did but they responded saying they couldn’t do anything if I didn’t know the names of everyone in the group. I told them it was a public match but it didn’t matter. Honestly I’m just disappointed that they didn’t seem to care. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars and hundreds of hours on this game and I’ve never complained about anything. I don’t expect this story to change anything I guess I just needed to vent. I’ve lost a lot of respect and good will towards DE from this situation and I hope other players don’t have the same problem. 

it's an online game, these things happen a lot and they can't help anyone. next time remember that you can see the names of players u played with when you go to exit>communication>friends, it's the tab on the top right 

also, spending money doesn't give you special attention or privilege, there's no point bringing it up   

EDIT: finally, how are they suppose to help you when you gave them none of the info they needed to give any help? names, times and date...etc

Edited by GinKenshin

They do happen but there should be ways to fix it. I bring up spending money because yes it does give special attention. Once i spend money on something I am a consumer and there should be systems in place to fix these problems. I explained to the person the mission I was in so just giving me a random arcane would have made me happy but the fact that nothing was done is the problem. I knew when I made this post everyone here would defend the company like always. How dare I say anything against the great DE. A simple “ah damn that sucks sorry” would have been fine but of course the first comment tries to attack me. 

Dude no one is attacking you nor "defending the company", you're just being delusional. If they just gave you an arcane just like that cause you said "you lost progress" everyone would try to do that then! they need prove of you actually doing this and that prove was giving them the name of your crew mates which you can find in the friends tab. Honestly you are just acting entitled cause you spend money on the game which give you no right to ask for what you did now, S#&$ happens and you have to move on.

Just now, sprague2 said:

I’m being entitled because I spend money? For hoping for better customer service. Ok. 

did you read what I posted? I said you are being entitled cause they can't just give you progress when they have no proof of you doing so! just go and find the squadmates you worked with and they will do their best! you are being entitled cause the customer support doing its job accordingly.

7 minutes ago, sprague2 said:

They do happen but there should be ways to fix it. I bring up spending money because yes it does give special attention. Once i spend money on something I am a consumer and there should be systems in place to fix these problems. I explained to the person the mission I was in so just giving me a random arcane would have made me happy but the fact that nothing was done is the problem. I knew when I made this post everyone here would defend the company like always. How dare I say anything against the great DE. A simple “ah damn that sucks sorry” would have been fine but of course the first comment tries to attack me. 

Lemme let you in on something: if you think anyone who disagrees with you is 'attacking' you then your forum stay here won't be a long one. Money gives you no right whatsoever for anything here, even DE themselves is against this 'special treatment' 

What was your explanation exactly? I'm pretty sure DE know how eidolon hunts work. Like I said, they need specific info that you did not give and thus that lowered your chances at help significantly. They even send you an auto email of info they need to help 

Just now, sprague2 said:

I’m being entitled because I spend money? For hoping for better customer service. Ok. 

That's not how entitlement works. If you really spent money because this is such an awesome game and gave you hours of fun and entertainment, then you don't need to share that info with us. Entitlement is saying that you deserve help and random free stuff because you pay money when you gave no info to make support help you 

5 minutes ago, sprague2 said:

How did they attack you? He said these things things happen and that there is little DE can do right now, them gave you helpful advice. And yes, bringing up the fact that you've spent money on this game and thus deserve something for it only makes you look entitled.

Also I did not remember the names of the players I was with. When I got kicked I tried joining again but it put me in another random group so I wasn’t sure who was who. Anyways thanks for all the replies. Love how it’s my fault. 

I'll skip the other reply, but I honestly can't tell why you're disappointed...

Your loss is technically not registered in the server because it hasn't officially counted you as a player of this session, which is why requesting their name to Data search their reward and confirming that what you're saying is true was their first question.

You just failed to prove you were indeed in their server and lost reward.

If anything could be resolved without proof then ; I did a 25 hour run on Venus and lost 300k Polymer bundle. Please refund, I'm a paid customer I expect service.
See how kinda ridicule this sounds like?

1 minute ago, sprague2 said:

Also I did not remember the names of the players I was with. When I got kicked I tried joining again but it put me in another random group so I wasn’t sure who was who. Anyways thanks for all the replies. Love how it’s my fault. 

it's not your fault, stop guilt-tripping... you are just acting like a brat about this and trying to blame customer service for doing their work which is not ok. If you want to fix your problem, do as the customer service said and don't act dumb and salty, it's that easy.

Just now, sprague2 said:

21 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

next time remember that you can see the names of players u played with when you go to exit>communication>friends, it's the tab on the top right 

Now you know. the list keeps track of latest 10 player or so that you played with last, so even if you joined another group by mistake, the old group would still be there, the 4-6 names should be them 

Hopefully next time it won't be your fault ;3 

4 minutes ago, sprague2 said:

No one has said it's your fault, everyone has only pointed out that saying you've spent money doesn't mean anything and is pointless to bring up.

Edited by Atsia

Apparently everyone hates that I brought up I spend money geez. The only reason I said it was to show I have supported and care about this game. I also said I’ve spent hundreds of hours along with that statement but god forbid I say I’ve spent money (which I have). I didn’t say it in an entitled way everyone just took that I said it at all and jumped on it. This community is supposed to be more helpful all I did was say what happened to me and that I was disappointed in wasting 40 min. I don’t need everyone here jumping on me for being a little disappointed. It’s my opinion I can be disappointed. I realize it’s an online game and this happens but damn I can’t be disappointed??? 

il y a 26 minutes, sprague2 a dit :

Apparently everyone hates that I brought up I spend money geez. The only reason I said it was to show I have supported and care about this game. I also said I’ve spent hundreds of hours along with that statement but god forbid I say I’ve spent money (which I have). I didn’t say it in an entitled way everyone just took that I said it at all and jumped on it. This community is supposed to be more helpful all I did was say what happened to me and that I was disappointed in wasting 40 min. I don’t need everyone here jumping on me for being a little disappointed. It’s my opinion I can be disappointed. I realize it’s an online game and this happens but damn I can’t be disappointed???

The way you've pushed the argument made it sound like DE and the support was at fault despite your inability to provide them with any information to help you.
Now don't get me wrong, they couldn't help you because they lacked information and you couldn't help yourself because you weren't aware of that information, nobody is at fault here.

Call it a misunderstanding or an unfortunate turn of event, but ultimately your thread is practically saying "There was a bug, I asked for help, was turned down because I couldn't provide them with necessary info, "I'm a paid customer darn it, I expect service", "I'm disappointed in this company/I lost respect in this company"".

Well that pretty much pictures you as entitled. Lets be honest.

If you want to feel sad or disappointed about your loss, be my guest, but here you are making a public feedback thread ranting about your disappointment for the company, practically pointing fingers and putting the blame on them. ( That here is considered Bashing, not Ranting )
That alone makes it wrong on so many levels.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

17 minutes ago, sprague2 said:

Saying "I've spent X amount of money" is pretty much the same as "Don't you know who I am?!!". You can feel disappointed, but you have been told multiple times where you can look up the info DE customer support needs in order to be able to help you. Please stop focusing on the negatives here, take the advice you've been given and try contacting support again with the info they asked for or as much of it as possible.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

When you have a glitch like this, send yourself a video of the last 15 minutes of play (provided you haven't recently taken a screen shot). Here's how:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/record-edit-video-ps4,news-17900.html

Thank you very much for actually giving me helpful advice I appreciate it. That’s a really good idea too.

I was doing a Lith relic for chroma neuroptics. At the end of the mission I could not select the reward from someone else. I definitely had 10 reactant because I was defaulted to my reward (a forma or some other “useless” item).

I immediately took screenshots, went into my previous 15 minutes of gameplay (ps4 auto records it) took additional screenshots and sent a report to DE. The next day they asked for the time, mission, players etc and said they couldn’t use screenshots (ok I guess, I figure it’s cause it’s easier to copy paste from text then to read a picture?) anyways, since I had already copied/pasted all the pics, I just provided the info they requested.

boom! They were able to find the mission in question and they gave me a chroma neuroptics. All within 3 days total. 

If that’s not awesome customer service, idk what is.

Oh, and I DIDN’T spend hundreds of dollars on the game...

You gotta play by the rules if you wanna win. Just cause you spend lots of money doesn’t mean you can bypass the rules. That only works in the real world 😏 /s. 

:facepalm: funny how OP said 40 min wasted

Did we all welcome you to this game already

Well here you go

Welcome to the game where you arn't that special when it comes to loosing some crappy rewards

Where we all lost more than that .. but we don't make topics every minute that we lost some endo mods etc

its pointless .. and iam saying this becuase there are more losses where that came from 

How sad it may be .. but thats how it is

Just try an new mission get rewards and have fun