Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are you looking for from end game?

MidnightRedDeath

What are you looking for from end game? Are you looking for new weapons? New mods? If you could add your own game mode, what would you add or change about the game currently. In my last post my friend and I thought about what we wanted and we posted it up for criticism and what the community would change about it. So i'm curious, what you want as end game and I'm not looking for just "harder enemies" because even if enemies start off at level 200 you would get bored pretty fast. Everyone has their own idea of end game weather its a survival or defense or just more fashion. xD I'd like to know what you guys as a community would like out of end game so DE has a blue print of ideas to go off of. Even if the chances of them seeing this is low, it would be cool to see everyone's opinions. They can be kind of crazy, I know for a fact if you told me 3 years ago that DE would be adding skate boards to the game, I would have thought you were joking but here we are playing as tony hawk. 

Here is the link to my friend and I's end game concept if you were interested. 

Well, since level scaling just makes enemies eventually one shot players while having their armor and health scaled to absurdity, I think making missions/scenarios that require coordination from a team is the way to go for Warframe.  We have already seen this in the Eidolon fights, and I'm sure the Raknoids will require groups to split up and perform roles as well.  Beyond that, Railjack promises to take this even further, with even more defined and necessary roles being taken on by team members.  Honestly, I think DE is on the right track already, it's just taking time to get there.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, MidnightRedDeath said:

but what do you find fun? 

Fighting my way to victory through tense situations, tactically using available resources.

And doing so via cooperation and coordination with other players.

Edited by WindigoTG

I want raids to come back, fixed, and a lot of them :C 8 man stuff was fun. 

I lost motivation to REALLY play when the void was changed and then raids deleted. 

ESO and Arb missions kind of help, but eeeeh. 

I want some daily reward stuff that's not syndicate related. Something to keep me coming back every day cause once you max out syndicates and get the items you want you're just done. 
Daily reward stuff can usually make you some premium currency if you get a rare to sell to others, and you'll keep going even if you get what you wanted out of it. 

Edited by Vesiga
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

8 man stuff was fun.

I agree 8 player stuff was fun, I'm hoping railjack will be a 8 player raid kind of game mode because it sure has the potential to be. From what we saw only if i remember only 2 or 3 ppl were in the group when they did it. The idea of sending like 6 ppl to break into a ship to take out a target or solve a puzzle while 1 team mate defends the ship from people getting inside and 1 other person being the captain taking out enemy ships trying to board would be cool. Then have the captain need to target a part of the ship your team is in for you to continue. There are some cool mechanics they could add. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WindigoTG said:

I don't want an endgame, I want fun and challenging regular game. The one I could return to over and over again just for the thrills of it.

It's funny that for someone that doesn't want an endgame, you sort of defined in broad terms what end game should be. Fun, challenging, repeatable (endless) and engaging.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

It's funny that for someone that doesn't want an endgame, you sort of defined in broad terms what end game should be. Fun, challenging, repeatable (endless) and engaging.

Ok then, the game should be all endgame right from the point you create the account. I'm fine with that definition as well.

36 minutes ago, MidnightRedDeath said:

but what do you find fun? 

Endless missions, honestly.

I work a lot during the week so it's nice to come home and unwind with 40+ waves of defense if I don't have much else to do. 😛

35 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

when the void was changed

Right? 😓

Personally, I'd love to just sit back and play an unending list of Sortie missions that always gave rewards from the Sortie pool. Maybe they could even add some of these super rare mods that I still haven't seen after 3 years as possible rewards. That would fill the end game void I have at the moment.

ESO also seems cool, but the efficiency thing is hindering it I think. I don't even see the purpose of having a good grade at the end of every zone. Maybe have your ability to stay live tied to how far you can go through it instead. Let your efficiency be tied to a reward, or allow booster bonuses, or something that actually rewards KPS to stop you from playing. Love how affinity works in SO/ESO, don't change that. It's a lot better than going to Hydron for the thousandth time.

Edited by (PS4)FatMacBrbn

Scalable content that challenges and has desirable rewards. Not just another templated mission type on top of new tiles. Preferably with cool bosses.

No operator or archwing dependency.

No rep or currency grind.

No gates.

No dependancy on meta builds.

No dependancy on others because it would be scalable.

Not just another mindless sanctuary.

No ridiculous puzzles or mechanics. 

Challenge all the gear we've acquired not who we made friends with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IIDMOII said:

Scalable content that challenges and has desirable rewards. Not just another templated mission type on top of new tiles. Preferably with cool bosses.

No operator or archwing dependency.

No rep or currency grind.

No gates.

No dependancy on meta builds.

No dependancy on others because it would be scalable.

Not just another mindless sanctuary.

No ridiculous puzzles or mechanics. 

Challenge all the gear we've acquired not who we made friends with.

Challenge will create meta

Or Puzzles

Or anything else.

You just wrote "I cant be pleased. Dont even try it."

• Like 8

For me: more mini boss fights like the stalker that give rare weapon blue prints. For the stalker you have to kill bosses. Maybe for another one do spy missions with no alarm going off. Or survival after 30 min a boss appears. The 20. Excavation reward is special but activates some units that are immune to abilities and some damage typs.

That kind of stuff:)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Holonomic88 said:

Well, since level scaling just makes enemies eventually one shot players while having their armor and health scaled to absurdity, I think making missions/scenarios that require coordination from a team is the way to go for Warframe.  We have already seen this in the Eidolon fights, and I'm sure the Raknoids will require groups to split up and perform roles as well.  Beyond that, Railjack promises to take this even further, with even more defined and necessary roles being taken on by team members.  Honestly, I think DE is on the right track already, it's just taking time to get there.

This! As a former mmo player (5+years of Everquest and Eve), I'd like more complex fights. The eidolon fights are the closest thing to this, and I do like that aspect quite a bit. Endless missions are fine, arbitration was a good attempt, but that gets boring pretty fast. ESO is a fun way to cap syndicate xp, or max a weapon, but once finished with focus grind, it's only point is to see how far you can go or solo

Something that actually requires the player to think, plan, time, and fail.

Using our skills would be a good start. DE's current module for difficulty is artificial - stat scaling, i.e. higher health, shields, damage. It would be awesome if we actually had to dodge enemy attacks, hide, snipe, run away, make a comeback - instead of pressing a single button. Arbitrations are a good start. By taking our revives DE forces us to be careful, actually placing value on active defense. Now if they expand on that I'd be satisfied.

As to rewards? Something recurrent mixed in with something exceptional. Arbitrations have Endo - awesome. No matter how far you are into the game, you'll always need high amounts of Endo. The mods, however, once all are acquired, become useless. So Endo + something exceptional like mods with the quality of being useful no matter how many you have? I'll take that. Arcanes are a good example.

I just want all of my PvE progress to carry over to PvP.

To proper PvP and not this stand-alone arcadish trash that is conclave.

PvP has always been and will always be THE TRUE end-game in any MMO.

In short: Bring good old Dark Sectors back.

Edited by Captain_Fronk
  • Like 1

Flow.

Something that's tough enough to be rewarding in and of itself. Obviously, cool rewards would need to be implemented to get people to start playing it, but if the activity itself puts me in a state of Flow, I'll come back to it for fun.

I've been meaning to make a more in-depth thread about this myself, but, yeah, that's the gist of it.