Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are you looking for from end game?

MidnightRedDeath

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shad0wfire99 said:

So, they sucked because they weren't mindless solo activities?  I thought it was because they were buggy beyond belief and poorly designed.  My mistake.

It was because they were tedious excercises in patience and organization where people had assigned roles instead of duking it out properly.

You think fights in Dark Souls are mindless activities? Bosses react to your actions. What makes you think bosses in Warframe wouldn't be able to do the same? Quickly close distance if you're trying to cheese from distance, have counters to being to close etc etc... interesting fights can be made. Oh and more players = faster takedown, so it is only solo to those who look to challenge themselves, like those who soloed say Shandra Manaya in TERA Online before that game went to hell. Mindless only if the AI is dumb.

Edited by Acersecomic

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shad0wfire99 said:

So, they sucked because they weren't mindless solo activities?  I thought it was because they were buggy beyond belief and poorly designed.  My mistake.

No they sucked because they were garbage compared to any raid in any other game that has raids .

Something to utilize some random game modes of the game in one fully randomized map obstacle course with a timer. (e.g. scavenger hunt, spies, skilled assassinates(less points with more enemy killed), uranus style defence, rescue, then end it with a hydrolist battle. Operators are barred until you rescue them right before the Hydrolist battle. Team with best time wins a shiny crown for operator which they get to wear while they're top(resets everyday)

Level 1000+ missions that require teamwork, planning and preparation with cosmetic rewards that will make you stand out from the crowd. Big boss fights like old WoW raids where you have to keep the dps up and it takes about 10 min at least to take it out. But without weird artificial armor bosses in warframe currently have where they take reduced or zero damage.

Boss fights that have a puzzle or teamwork component, like Kela. For example, a field that has environmental hazards that requires you to hack a terminal to turn off or something and your squadmates have to cover you as you do it. Or a boss that spawns synergistic mini-bosses that you have to fight before. 

Nothing that requires aiming at absurdly small weak spots on Vey Hek and Ruk. Hitting them is a pain for new players and doesn't solve the problem of over-geared players obliterating bosses at the earliest opportunity.

Better enemy scaling. It is insanely hard for some frames to survive at high levels simply because enemies scale to the point where one shot instantly kills you.

Emergent threats during missions that actually present a challenge.  Stalker hasn't been hard for a very long time, or any of the "random encounters" that show up and drop useless loot on the ground for that matter.  What if all of the acolytes showed up suddenly?  What if a super beefy high level corpus kill team from the index showed up?  What if the Grineer created a new set of "Maniac" style enemies with new weapons and variations?  I've seen all of these ideas in game in various half baked and forgotten states of development but they could be so cool if they were expanded upon.

I would also like to see an overhaul of the augment mod system with reworks and new additions.  There are occasional flashes of brilliance but for each interesing augment there are 2 useless ones.  Even worse is how most augments are not only useless but are forced to compete with a min/max stat mod due to the lack of a prebuilt augment only mod slot.  Warframe has missed an immense opportunity with augments to create an array of unique builds, especially for weapons.  Much like a Diablo 2 legendary could enable an entirely new set of possibilities, a warframe or weapon augment could add a new way to use an otherwise boring or useless weapon.  This is big for endgame because it really presents options for vets to use all the collected frames and mods to make the augment shine in ways beginners cannot.

Edited by obeyrist

2 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

Level 1000+ missions 

At level 1000, Bombards have 6,581,414,897.82 EHP, Lancers have 1,263,947,392.4 and even Butchers are sporting a cool 11,834,391.41. For reference, a level 100 Bombard has 1,136,285.36 EHP.

No thank you.

Edit: You know what, let's go deeper. If you let the Hydrolyst restore all of its health during the final phase without armour stripping with Shattering Impact, it has 4,740,056.38 EHP.

Edited by Loza03

I'm kind of a hypocrite, because I thought the Sanctuary Onslaught would be the endgame I was hoping for...But hey, not only have I not done ESO yet, I haven't even completed a full set of Sorties yet.  (I have killed eidolons, though).  I guess I just don't feel "ready" somehow.  XD

Overall, I do hope there's more "raidlike" content that makes it's way into the game, but that's honestly really hard to get right, and my experience with them is very limited.  So like....Don't take anything I have to say seriously, alright?  Just spitballing from the peanut gallery.

The closest thing I've ever had to a truly cool "raid" experience was one of the Emergency Quests in PSO2, where there's this massive giant lumbering into a town, through a set of gates, and you had to kill him before he busted through the last one.  It was great chasing the big guy, spamming damage into his weak spots and fleeing his telegraphed lasers and so on, taking any opportunity to use gun turrets as possible to maximise DPS.

The main things I'm looking for in content like that are:
- a reason for Mobility (like the Grineer Arena Boss fight with the missile phase)
- A feeling that you need to work together to wear down the boss
- Some other kind of task you need to do aside from just pouring shots into the boss, but not something that feels like "busywork", or confusing and obscure (like the target shooting in the Grineer arena boss).

The problem, obviously, is that Warframe's Endgame Gear is based all around breaking the game, which inherently breaks some of the.  Like, people are able to make Lanka builds that can one-shot an Eidolon's limbs.  I thought my "Take one out in one clip of my 200% rad damage riven Vulkar" build was OP, but then nope, someone with like 200% crit rate one shots every limb right of an Eidolon before my very eyes.

So...My fingers are crossed right now that they have something nifty in the works for the Spider Bots that makes them a fun challenge even for highly modded engamers, and I'm eagerly hoping to see what Railjack is like.  Both of these have great potential.

• Like 1

On 2018-11-22 at 10:56 AM, IIDMOII said:

Scalable content that challenges and has desirable rewards. Not just another templated mission type on top of new tiles. Preferably with cool bosses.

No operator or archwing dependency.

No rep or currency grind.

No gates.

No dependancy on meta builds.

No dependancy on others because it would be scalable.

Not just another mindless sanctuary.

No ridiculous puzzles or mechanics. 

Challenge all the gear we've acquired not who we made friends with.

You should check out the post I left, a lot of the stuff you wanted fits in with the game mode I want. 

Edited by MidnightRedDeath

On 2018-11-22 at 12:51 AM, MidnightRedDeath said:

What are you looking for from end game?

The only "End Game" that isn't just "more game" (that is either much slower to progress or just has no return at all) is "Player Created Content" one small version of that is PvP, but that brings with it the general exultation of player conflict which IMHO is inherently unhealthy for a game community.

So I would say... Player created missions with non-power stakes. Like defined civilian lives, where players do normal content to get resources for a community (Kinda like Cetus/Fortuna)but where you choose the defenses (Settlement building) and you support your personal colony, then defend them from specific threats withing your personal maps, with escalating respect and size of the community you are saving. Lots of possibility there, including donating weapons that then are used on the "walls" of the community when the Grineer attack (for example)

Something you have to work towards, not something a new player can just get to in a few days, something with a fair bit of mechanisms, more then 4 players, and unforgiving (something like 3x slower revive speed). Oh and scaling rewards no 2k credit reward for an hour of gameplay -.-

Yeah, something like that would definitely bring me and a few of my old warframe friends back to the game for real, and not just login for literally less then a minute (at this point, I literally login, claim, alt+f4). 

It would be interesting to have the possibility to skip 20-40 first min of survive or in def, to start at high lvl directly without special rules.

Another things fun that can be done, it's a endless mission with different standard objectives randomly choose every x minutes. like you start with 5 wave of def, then  excavation come right after that, then 5min of survive or 1 round of interception, all of them without changing tilset. And add secondary objectives like capture, extermination, sabotage etc. Basically making an endless mission with all WF content.

On 2018-11-22 at 12:58 PM, Captain_Fronk said:

I just want all of my PvE progress to carry over to PvP.

To proper PvP and not this stand-alone arcadish trash that is conclave.

PvP has always been and will always be THE TRUE end-game in any MMO.

In short: Bring good old Dark Sectors back.

I agree, PvP tends to be my favorite aspect of every game and in Warframe it's just poorly implemented. I hate seeing people say "PvP just doesn't work in Warframe." No, it's just not done right. People say the same thing about raids. Not everything Digital Extreme decides to add to the game is made perfectly and the only reason for them not being successful is not simply because they "don't fit".

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

At level 1000, Bombards have 6,581,414,897.82 EHP, Lancers have 1,263,947,392.4 and even Butchers are sporting a cool 11,834,391.41. For reference, a level 100 Bombard has 1,136,285.36 EHP.

No thank you.

Edit: You know what, let's go deeper. If you let the Hydrolyst restore all of its health during the final phase without armour stripping with Shattering Impact, it has 4,740,056.38 EHP.

You are given enough power in the game to deal with all of that quite easily. At least I am fairly certain that is the case, however DE decided to cap off my simulacrum at measly lvl160 so I can't even test it. 

33 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

You are given enough power in the game to deal with all of that quite easily. At least I am fairly certain that is the case, however DE decided to cap off my simulacrum at measly lvl160 so I can't even test it. 

Maybe we are given enough power - Fatal Teleport/Covert Lethality Ash could probably kill easily enough - but I doubt it'd be very fun or have anywhere near the amount of variety that DE likes. You don't NEED the meta to beat Hydrolysts. Sure, if you want to farm them hardcore, you do, but if you don't mind not being optimum efficiency, you can absolutely beat the Hydrolyst with an off-meta setup alone. Not every frame would be great at it, some struggle a lot, but you could.

This would require the Meta. Even with a full-strip Corrosive Projection squad, Bombards are still able to take as much damage as a full-armour, full-health Hydrolyst and oneshot the vast majority of Warframes, and are probably two or three-shotting most of the rest. Regular enemies with hitscan or fast-moving projectiles can also one-shot most frames, but might take a little while longer to chew through Umbral Inaros - but I'd still wager on that time being closer to handful of seconds. Wukong, Ivara, Loki and Ash would probably be the only frames that could actually ever leave any kind of defensive area, and would need to make frequent returns due to needing energy. Even then, what they could do with that would be severely limited due to needing exceedingly 'Meta' weapons to be able to kill anything. The only way to play would be to setup hard CC areas with large amounts of duration, and multiple levels of it to let frames last long enough to refresh it. The Meta would pretty much rule with any kind of gameplay variety and self-expression being instantly disintegrated due to being unable to take hits and needing a large number of shots to beat even common enemies from anything but the most powerful weapons. 

To me, that sounds boring. Really, really boring. Nothing like what I've come to love about Warframe.