What's with the Destiny hate and comparison?

RealHeftyTrout

It's obvious that the WF community has such a huge and I mean absolutely H U G E hatred of Destiny and even Anthem (Which hasn't even come out yet).  I don't really see why the community feels the need to constantly bash and compare the games when the only thing remotely similar about them is that they are Sci-Fi shooters and MMORPGs.  In fact, Destiny's gameplay and overall direction are completely different from WF, alongside Anthem, and I very rarely ever see the Destiny community bad mouth WF.  I just don't really see why our community just desires to have a hatred towards another game that is only slightly similar.

Jealousy maybe.

People in those communities are raised to dislike the other, so they are raised to blindly badmouth.

Because they want to try out the other game but feel like it's wrong to do so, they never do.

Thus they feel jealous of the other group and insult them to make themselves feel better.

Comparison, because they're actually very similar games. Sure, sure, 'Destiny's a totally different game' but they're still in the same genre, looter shooter only differing by subgenre - first person vs third person. Both games have a primary gameplay loop of 'run around, complete missions to acquire loot to run around and complete missions faster, looking better or more in tune with your gameplay preferences.' Just because they have a lot of differences doesn't make it unreasonable to compare the two. That's like not comparing God of War 3 to the most recent God of War and judging them based on their own merits. Destiny 2 and Warframe have more in common gameplay-wise than those two games (You can't even jump in Dad of Boi), so when the situation calls for it I'm going to compare them thank you very much.

Hate, I don't know. From what I've heard, (albeit, not experienced), people in Destiny are nowhere near as inclined. I mean, there's inevitably going to be some rivalry and product loyalty, a sense of 'I'm supporting the better product', but I'll admit some people in the WF community take it really quite badly. I'd probably chalk that up to Destiny getting all the attention for so long. Plus, the Destiny 2 hate train was real (and valid, certainly for the first six months or so), so that probably gave the hating a shot in the arm.

8 hours ago, RealHeftyTrout said:

and I very rarely ever see the Destiny community bad mouth WF. 

Because they don't. I've met a lot more Destiny players who happen to play Warframe and enjoy both games and from my time in the Destiny reddit and forums there's not that much Warframe hate to be seen but here in the WF forums it's absurd. There was a thread ages ago about how when D1 got swords as a useable weapon the poster was outright stating that Destiny was ripping off WF. 

It's a continual knockoff of games with a terrible loot system and an absolutely lacking story where everyone hyped both games and Bungeevision managed to utterly fail at it.  Then when the second one came out they continued to hype the game, gave an excuse not to carry over previous profiles, and still failed to deliver a game with innovative classes better than Borderlands and Halo.  

The hate is purely laughable, but Bungie keeps shooting itself in the foot like every other developer out there.