Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Battacor a couple needs

Grimmstyler

Battacor's Charge Rectile needs color.. Maybe Energy Color.. Too many times i forget it's charged or have no attention to it.

Haven't noticed if Battacor has a Charge Animation on the gun.

It's damn loud.. Tone volume down please.

Needs Stats for what the charges do.

Edited by Grimmstyler

1 hour ago, Starfreak911 said:

They charge the rifles... you know, charged fire.

So i can shoot Secondary Shot on 1 charge right? But there's 3 charges.. 1 shot can spend all 3 charges..

What's the Stats for each Charge? Does the damage get multipled? The Crit Damage get multipled?

It would be nice to know.. The Secondary Stats have just 1 value.. What's the point of 3 Charges?

Edited by Grimmstyler

57 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

So i can shoot Secondary Shot on 1 charge right? But there's 3 charges.. 1 shot can spend all 3 charges..

What's the Stats for each Charge? Does the damage get multipled? The Crit Damage get multipled?

It would be nice to know.. The Secondary Stats have just 1 value.. What's the point of 3 Charges?

My snarky response reveals my ignorance.  I had assumed it could only be fired with a full charge. 

@taiiat

The Battacor feels pretty good for a Burst. I like how the Auto was implemented in the Burst. 

The Magnetic damage markets it as a Corpus weapon, but it's not that bad against other Factions because elemental combos aren't limited.. Like say if it had a Electric precept that connected to mods..

I'll take Magnetic over Impact..

Just them couple tweaks in my first post would complete Battacor IMO.

It could also be argued Secondary Shot could just have a non Modable reload cooldown. Which would work better in high level missions, but not as spammable in lower level Missions. I'm on the fence with that, because it would just leave Secondary Shot with just 1 value in the Stats and not increase damage per charge. (Which a description needs to be placed)

It could have had a beefed Dera sound for Primary Shot. Primary shot sounds like a operator Shwaack Amp (Because of Magnetic precept?). 

Edited by Grimmstyler

3 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

It could also be argued Secondary Shot could just have a non Modable reload cooldown. Which would work better in high level missions, but not as spammable in lower level Missions. I'm on the fence with that, because it would just leave Secondary Shot with just 1 value in the Stats and not increase damage per charge. (Which a description needs to be placed)

my only complaints for the Alt-Fire really is that Refire Delays make the Weapon a bit clunky:

• you can't Reload for like almost two full Seconds after dumping the Charge
  • you have to wait the full Refire Delay of the Alt-Fire when trying to go from Primary to Alt or Alt to Primary

in general, this 'Auto Burst' is kinda strange but i don't have any complaints about it since the default Fire Rate is controlled enough that it doesn't just piss away all the Ammo.

it's absolutely a purpose built Anti-Venus Weapon, yeah. perfect Damage Types for blitzing the Shields of Enemies (and the Health of robots if they're Trash Units that you wouldn't bother dumping the Charge on). and the Alt-Fire for deleting bigger robots once you have the Shields down.
but ofcourse, Damage Mods means it can have good performance vs any Faction, as you mention.

@taiiat

After more review of the weapon i find Magnetic is outstanding for Shields, but Impact would be better just for CC.

The fact it doesn't have Impact CC, slow fire rate and mediocre Projectile Speed, really takes a toll on Warframe Health. You have to move.. and when you move the Projectile Speed alters the burst fire chain. Accuracy and Projectile Speed on a Burst is key (along with other Traits), Battacor is projectile based.

IMO Fire Rate and Projectile Speed Riven would work nice. But Projectile Speed probably wouldn't be necessary for the Orbs.

8 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

The fact it doesn't have Impact CC, slow fire rate and mediocre Projectile Speed, really takes a toll on Warframe Health. You have to move.. and when you move the Projectile Speed alters the burst fire chain. Accuracy and Projectile Speed on a Burst is key (along with other Traits), Battacor is projectile based.

meh, moving around a lot as a Player is what we're supposed to be doing already in the first place.
hitting targets while moving is a core part of Shooters ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree it's too loud. Charge indicators could be a bit larger. Flight speed is ok in my opinion.

Something i find annoying: there is a slight delay before we can start discharging the alt fire, we can't use it right after the main fire. I suppose it's the same delay as between bursts. Try to use it during that interval, and it won't shoot at all. If that delay must stay, please at least let the weapon shoot as soon as possible as we hold the alt fire button down.

Edited by Robolaser

15 minutes ago, Dopekoke said:

Perhaps instead of 3 small lines on the side, the entire reticle could be divided into 3 parts with each one lighting up or something similar

That's a good suggestion. Like the bottom Half Moon could be divided into 3 parts and light on charge

33 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Make it automatic and hitscan, then we can start from there, increased firerate would be welcome too

It's fine how it is.. It's already Auto Burst. [Vile Acceleration] works great on it. Or replace it with a Riven.

Im so tempted to use [Hunter Munitions] on it. But really [Hunter Munitions] on Battacor is just good for Grineer. (In which Battacor was designed for Corpus because of its initial Magnetic)

The Secondary Shot was made beautiful with Radiation damage as oppose to a full charge Magnetic AOE like Opticor Full Charge Shot.

Battacor wouldn't be that great to use against Elemental Resistant enemies as oppose to Opticor. I wish there was a Vandal Version of Battacor with IPS. Or the original could have been the Vandal Version..

Ha, it would be great if all the Vandals and Wraiths got reworked like the Battacor (having elemental precepts) and vanilla versions were IPS.

Edited by Grimmstyler

@taiiat

Giving it further thought, Battacor would have been unstoppable with Secondary Shot having a unmodifiable 5sec  cooldown shot and + damage as oppose to Charge per Kill + damage.

It would have worked great in 100+ level enemies due to kills per second.

Then even if your a support frame like Trinity at least you could still Secondary Shot without having to build Charges. Burst Fire works with Trinity.

Edited by Grimmstyler

1 hour ago, Grimmstyler said:

Giving it further thought, Battacor would have been unstoppable with Secondary Shot having a unmodifiable 5sec  cooldown shot and + damage as oppose to Charge per Kill + damage.

you could just make a new Weapon at that point :)
i'm quite content with Charging from Kills. Alt-Fire is available, but not continuously. basically perfect.

In terms of feedback, I'd like to see the Battacor's primary fire mode get an increase in rate of fire to 6 or even 8 (at most). I'd even be fine with a reduction in damage to compensate. Out of all the weaknesses for the Battacor, I think the 3.57 ROF is too punishing.

Why?

Given the erratic movements of enemies in Warframe, most players have only a short amount of time to line up a target and put it down, so you either go for a high damage shot with low rate of fire, or a high rate of fire to throw as many rounds at a target within as short a time frame as possible...with the hopes that at least a few rounds will do the job. That being said, I feel that the Battacor's primary fire is too slow for the damage it delivers.

Disclaimer: MR 16 player who has and uses Primed Shred / Speed Trigger...and even with those equipped, the gun still feels too slow to be useful against mobs.

3 hours ago, Grimmstyler said:

Huh.. It's definitely a different mechanic in comparison with Corinth

well, Corinths' Alt-Fire is for a completely different purpose than Primary Fire.
the Airburst isn't more powerful than Buckshot, it's for applying Status and clearing groups of weak Enemies.

Battacors' Alt-Fire is generally just superior, has much higher Damage potential, where in contrast applying Status is all Primary Fire can offer that is different and not usurped by Alt-Fire.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

In terms of feedback, I'd like to see the Battacor's primary fire mode get an increase in rate of fire to 6 or even 8 (at most). I'd even be fine with a reduction in damage to compensate. Out of all the weaknesses for the Battacor, I think the 3.57 ROF is too punishing.

would be much sadness for myself - i prefer hitting hard and it not being a spammy Weapon. the sorts of Weapons that i almost always look for in games (hitting fairly hard but still having good flexibility of fire).

36 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i prefer hitting hard and it not being a spammy Weapon

And that's perfectly valid. For me personally, I'd rather have a slightly faster rate of fire that I can readily mod to take it up to 500 rpm, but I'd accept a bit more damage per shot as well. 

At the moment one could see it as either being too slow or not hitting hard enough for the slow rate of fire it has. Either way, it arguably feels a bit underwhelming in that you have to work a fair bit to bring down enemies.

47 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

At the moment one could see it as either being too slow or not hitting hard enough for the slow rate of fire it has. Either way, it arguably feels a bit underwhelming in that you have to work a fair bit to bring down enemies.

I feel the same. It's a great weapon. Great for Element combos.

But in terms of 100+ enemies that Secondary Shot will die off, having to build it with Primary Shot..

Radiation + Bleed would be the best build 100+ IMO. But you still got your Warframes Powers.

Magnetic precept is good IMO not radiation

Edited by Grimmstyler

It's interesting to note that at least a couple of prominent Tenno Youtubers out there have commented negatively on the Battacor's slow rate of fire. Mind you they also commented on the slow projectile speed as well, but when you're fighting at short to mid range, it's not really that punishing a drawback.

Current base rate of fire though still feels punishing for the damage being dealt: 214 RPM for what can be arguably described as a medium to heavy caliber assault rifle is simply too slow to be efficient and effective. 400 rpm ( 6.6 rps) would work a bit better and make the gun less of a chore to use vs higher level enemies.

Don't get me wrong, the Battacor is indeed a fun weapon, but it would be a bit more fun if the ROF were increased a bit to 6.6. Right now, the Battacor is one of the slowest automatic weapons out there and I think it's second only to the Pantera in terms of slowness...and that's really sad.

On a side note, a few people have commented (not necessarily here) that from a lore standpoint, the Battacor is intended for use against other Corpus.

I respectfully disagree.

It seems intended for use against Grineer AND Warframes - particularly Warframes as the Magnetic element is effective vs shields and some Warfames have good armor (hence Puncture, which is also effective vs Grineer armor).

Just got my hands on Battacor, and I gotta say I mostly like it as it is (well, except for the base Magnetic damage). The one change I would make is allowing players to control the number of charge stacks they expend when using the alt-fire.

• Tap alt-fire to use only 1 stack.
  • Charge alt-fire to use 2-3 stacks depending on charge level.

I feel like that would make the weapon feel more dynamic and flexible.

37 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Just got my hands on Battacor, and I gotta say I mostly like it as it is (well, except for the base Magnetic damage). The one change I would make is allowing players to control the number of charge stacks they expend when using the alt-fire.

• Tap alt-fire to use only 1 stack.
  • Charge alt-fire to use 2-3 stacks depending on charge level.

I feel like that would make the weapon feel more dynamic and flexible.

The Magnetic is good against Corpus all around compared to Impact. If anything Battacor not having Impact does make it a hit and run weapon without Electricity.. Impact knocks back and is effective against Shields, but Magnetic is more effective against Shields and Nullifiers without the knock back Crowd Control.

That's not a bad idea for the Secondary Shot, but you would lose fire rate from holding to shoot. It's best to add Fire Rate on Battacor to build stacks and it would make Secondary Shot harder to use if the fire rate on Secondary wasn't slowed down considerably.. So unmodded fire rate on Secondary would be like shooting Opticor with that suggestion. There would probably be a lot of bugs and such between the mods and Secondary shot also.